Ingravings

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
Eliphas
MiniWarGaming Regular

Ingravings

Post by Eliphas » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:46 pm

I'm now a decent painter... grey knights are looking better every time.

However, does anyone know how best to paint the gold ingravings on the power armor (espeicaly for the terminators).

-also, what is the best way to write names and such on them?

Helpzz

No army is large enough to conquer the galaxy. But faith alone can overturn the universe

krunkumunga
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Ingravings

Post by krunkumunga » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:39 pm

what i do for the shoulders is first wet down some tin bitz paint and paint that on and then go over that with burnished gold in kind of a dry brush fashion thats what i do it come out really nice i think i'll upload a pic if you like when i get my terms back from my friends house.

and as for the names i would recommend getting either a paint pen a really fine tipped one and then once it's dry seal it in with a light wash or use a tooth pick dabbed in paint it works very nicely but can be harder to control than the other
When no others may stand beside them, they shall fight. Only the greatest shall enter their ranks, for unto them do I entrust stewardship over the Gates of Hell.

Lordofsteel
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Lordofsteel » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:46 pm

I do Dwarf Bronze, highlighted with Shinning Gold, then highlighted a tiny bit with
2:1 Shinning Gold / Mithril Silver. Last an Ogryn Flesh wash. I use that technique
on all of my Deamonhunters.

http://www.miniwargaming.com/content/bMUaROB24Zd3

http://www.miniwargaming.com/content/4Z5LcMvp2mFU

http://www.miniwargaming.com/content/RqxNTAIhIkg0/

Actually now that I remember, the gold on the StormTrooper didnt have an Ogryn
Flesh wash.
Use the Emperors will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

krunkumunga
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by krunkumunga » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:36 pm

yeah i tried your way before and i dunno i didn't like it too much when i get my models back i'll have to pm some pics to you i want an opinion cause i dunno i like it but not sure how anyone else views it
When no others may stand beside them, they shall fight. Only the greatest shall enter their ranks, for unto them do I entrust stewardship over the Gates of Hell.

falknerblitz
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by falknerblitz » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Just post your pics here. For simplicity you can always just paint it gold and give it a heavy brown wash. For the script work check out the vid I did on that (link in my sig)