The MiniWarGaming Forum is Shutting Down

If you have something you want to talk about that isn't game-specific, but is still related to wargaming, post it here.
miniwargaming
Site Admin

The MiniWarGaming Forum is Shutting Down

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:55 am

Hey everybody,

After careful consideration I have decided to shut down the MiniWarGaming forum.

While it has been around for many years it just hasn't been our focus as of late, especially as other social media (i.e. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) has proven to be a better place for us to interact with our viewers.

The cost of maintaining the forum, making sure the software is kept up to date, keeping hackers and spam bots out, etc., is just not worth it at this time.

I will be disabling the full forum shortly. Feel free to reply to this post or any others until then!

Thank you for all your contributions.

Matthew

P.S. I don't plan on deleting the forum, just disabling posting. That way the posts that are here will still be accessible, albeit read-only.

blippityblip
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Re: The MiniWarGaming Forum is Shutting Down

Post by blippityblip » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:06 am

Balls
power levels
Iron hands 1384pl
Ynnari 88pl
Admech 162pl
Imperial guard 326pl
Chaos 128pl
Space wolves 110pl
Tyranids ?

And a small dwarf army

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:30 am

Not surprising, to be honest. I've noticed a dramatic drop in activity in the past few months.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Signet-Powers » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:56 am

Dissapointing but more than understandable.

Don't suppose we have an expected date?

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:15 pm

This afternoon. :)

Raschier
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Raschier » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:34 pm

Is it possible to keep a few topics open? Like the narrative campaign that some members are actively writing in? It is understandable if it isn't possible though.

MMDespot
Silver Vault Member

Post by MMDespot » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:42 pm

It was good while it lasted, you will be missed MWG forum. See you guys at Facebook.

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:18 pm

oh my... the sadness.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:00 pm

I should start selling prophecies... it's saddening me, but it's understandable nonetheless, as it was definitly not worth the costs for the company anymore. It was always fun to watch peoples progress and to get motivation and inspiration for painting. It's a pity that though, that the MWG staff let the forum die down completly. I believe a few more or less active posters from the staff could have gotten people to participate more frequently (i.e. advertising the painting deathmatches and such), as people might have liked some reaction and friendly conversation with MWG team members. I really don't get the same feel of ,,community" over the so called ,,social medias" by simply commenting on the same staff posts in short replys with other MWG fans/vault members.

Cheers, it's been a fun time! If anyone would like to recommend me an alternative to talk abkut painting projects (favourably with something similar as the deathmatches here) shoot me a pm as long as it still works!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:48 pm

LordMcAllister wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:00 pm
Cheers, it's been a fun time! If anyone would like to recommend me an alternative to talk abkut painting projects (favourably with something similar as the deathmatches here) shoot me a pm as long as it still works!
I wonder how much it would cost to keep this forum active? I would be inclined to donate a few dollars to keep the community alive. Who else would?
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

BigBangA1
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by BigBangA1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:05 pm

Have you guys at Miniwargaming thought of starting up a subreddit on reddit? I think that could be a fun place for us to post pictures and do a lot of the painting related things we used to do on here. It is another form of social media you guys could use too!

Mach-Ten
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by Mach-Ten » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:27 am

BigBangA1 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:05 pm
Have you guys at Miniwargaming thought of starting up a subreddit on reddit? I think that could be a fun place for us to post pictures and do a lot of the painting related things we used to do on here. It is another form of social media you guys could use too!
hell yeah ... that would be fantastic

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ronin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:35 pm

MY POWERS!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Hello and goodbye, everyone!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:59 pm

RIP