Plague Marine Paint Scheme.

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
EssexUndead
Now we're getting somewhere...

Plague Marine Paint Scheme.

Post by EssexUndead » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi everyone.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this as I am new to the forum.

Does anyone have a simple but effective colour scheme/paint list for Plague Marines?
I am looking to use Games Workshop paints/washes/etc.

Any help would be great :)

Thanks in advance.

Magnus01
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Plague Marine Paint Scheme.

Post by Magnus01 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:36 am

Hey EssexUndead. First of all the right place to put this thread would of been the painting forum but here will do as well. Plauge marines are a tricky model to paint and finding a simple paint scheme is not that simple. I don't know about the new paint range but you will just need to use the conversion chart for this. Start off with a base of Karloc green and build up to a snot green then finish it off with a teraka green wash. This is as simple as it gets. Their are other ways how to paint better but this will do due to the fact your searching for a simple colour scheme.
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

Mortivore
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Mortivore » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:48 am

The names of the GW paints have changed but this is what i used when i did mine.

Tank brush of gretchin green foundation paint.

Liberal dry brush of rotting flesh

Basecoating the metal bits mainly, tanned flesh for rotting bits, bit of blood red on main tube to break the pipes up on this particular model, also this particular model has boils, so bit of bad moon on those.

First wash dried, Delvian mud wash

Second coat dried, Gryphon sepia wash.

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT

EssexUndead

Post by EssexUndead » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:28 am

Magnus01 wrote:Hey EssexUndead. First of all the right place to put this thread would of been the painting forum but here will do as well. Plauge marines are a tricky model to paint and finding a simple paint scheme is not that simple. I don't know about the new paint range but you will just need to use the conversion chart for this. Start off with a base of Karloc green and build up to a snot green then finish it off with a teraka green wash. This is as simple as it gets. Their are other ways how to paint better but this will do due to the fact your searching for a simple colour scheme.
Yeah, I didn't think this was the right place but wasn't too sure so just played it safe. Thanks for letting me know :)
Sounds like a simple scheme for the main armour, thanks a lot ^^

EssexUndead

Post by EssexUndead » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:31 am

@Mortivore

That is a really good marine, very well painted.
Thanks for sharing, doubt I can paint that good though haha but thanks for the scheme ^^

michael01120
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by michael01120 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:28 am

Mortivore wrote:The names of the GW paints have changed but this is what i used when i did mine.

Tank brush of gretchin green foundation paint.

Liberal dry brush of rotting flesh

Basecoating the metal bits mainly, tanned flesh for rotting bits, bit of blood red on main tube to break the pipes up on this particular model, also this particular model has boils, so bit of bad moon on those.

First wash dried, Delvian mud wash

Second coat dried, Gryphon sepia wash.

that is some awesome painting , I am glad you posted this because I have been looking for ways to paint them for a while as well. Thank you.

Magnus01
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Magnus01 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:00 am

@ Mortivore. That is some awesome painting you've got their.

@ EssexUndead. Don't worry about getting it in the wrong place, your just starting up and you make some mistakes when your on here. Plus if you post it here not much people will complain as long as its related to Chaos.
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

Return to “Forces of Chaos”