The Club

Bubba
MiniWarGaming Beginner

The Club

Post by Bubba » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi all, this is directed at anyone with some general info on the local gaming club. I am new to the area and would love to get lots of games in, come sit down and paint, and heck build terrain if they'd let me. I play CSM in 40k and Khador for WM.

I was just wondering some details such as:

What would be the best day to come play a pick-up game of 40k or WM?
Is it easy to get in a pick-up game of 40k or WM?
How many players are in the club in total (roughly)?
How often are tournaments for 40k and WM?
How many people are generally there playing each day (broad question I know but throughout the day maybe)?
How do I get involved in the club (More then just playing a game, although that too)?
How awesome are Dave and Matt? lol had to add this one, LOVE the vids you guys make!
I am the Greatest, You are the Latest, Welcome to the Legends Club

Fighting Gopher
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: The Club

Post by Fighting Gopher » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Bubba wrote:Hi all, this is directed at anyone with some general info on the local gaming club. I am new to the area and would love to get lots of games in, come sit down and paint, and heck build terrain if they'd let me. I play CSM in 40k and Khador for WM.

What would be the best day to come play a pick-up game of 40k or WM? Organize one through the forum is the best.
Is it easy to get in a pick-up game of 40k or WM? Yes and yes
How many players are in the club in total (roughly)? No clue. Someone else may know.
How often are tournaments for 40k and WM?look in the events. It seems one a month.
How many people are generally there playing each day (broad question I know but throughout the day maybe)? Not sure. Ive always planned my games in advance. I havent been around for almost a year because of work but planning on re-appearing very soon.
How do I get involved in the club (More then just playing a game, although that too)? Talk to dave and matt
How awesome are Dave and Matt? lol had to add this one, LOVE the vids you guys make!
I answered in the qoute :-)
Warhammer 40K - 41,000 points
Warhammer Fantasy - 27000 wounds (I'm guessing)
Flames of War - 6000 points
Warmachine Cryx - 100 points
Hordes Circle - 240 points

Fighting Gopher

Post by Fighting Gopher » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Also, where in the area did you move? City wise. Grimsby, welland, st catharines, nigara, beamsville etc.....

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Just want to edit gopher's comments about tournaments!

I haven't seen a warmachine tournament in awhile. And I have been trying to make 40k tournaments every three months. However due to work schedule they are on hold!

Other than that look for cam or Ryan they are great gaming buddies
2015 Stats: W-6,L-2,T-1

Overall Stats:W-28,L-7,T-4

Not bad for skirt wearing marines! :P

Fighting Gopher

Post by Fighting Gopher » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks for clearing that up.

I believe there is a warmachine tournament on the 15TH. If I didnt have to work id be there for it.

Ryan
Gold Vault Member

Post by Ryan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Hey man! If you ever want a game let me or cam know :mrgreen: I'm sure between the two of us well be able to play just about any day, though I'd recommend my self for 40k and Cam for warmachine :wink:

And thanks Dragon for the compliments!

Also, I have a feeling Fantasys about to grow around here so if youre interested in trying it out we can do that too :mrgreen:
-Ryan Guzowski
9000 points points of Imperial Smurf Marines!!!!
Yay a full company!
4000pts of Empire

Bubba
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Bubba » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:51 pm

Thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate it. Im in the Smithville area. And Yes I saw the WM tourny in October but unfortunately I can't make it :(. But I am VERY new to WM, just waiting for the 2 player BB to come out to get into it seriously. 40k I know more so but still I haven't played many games over the years, just been a collector mostly, but really want to start playing games now.

Again thanks guys, and any others who can answer or update this would be great!

Fighting Gopher

Post by Fighting Gopher » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Welcome to the area. Im not sure if ive played you ryan, but I have cam several times and hes great to play against. He also plays fantasy. Im in beamsville myself and can meet up for games sometimes. I play fantasy, 40k, FoW, warmachine and dystopian wars.

Bubba
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Bubba » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:47 pm

I will definitely be in touch with you guys in the future.

I'm looking forward to getting into WM, seems like more the game for me. 40k is still awesome thought cause so much can die.

Ryan
Gold Vault Member

Post by Ryan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:17 pm

Fighting Gopher wrote:Welcome to the area. Im not sure if ive played you ryan, but I have cam several times and hes great to play against. He also plays fantasy. Im in beamsville myself and can meet up for games sometimes. I play fantasy, 40k, FoW, warmachine and dystopian wars.
I don't belive we have, we'll have to fix that soon though! Mabey a game of fantasy some time? (i have about 3k of empire).

The only reason i said i'd recomend my self is i belive Cam's kinda board of 40k atm after the Apocalipse game :wink: Though he's rockin his Trolls in fantasy!

To answer the original post;
Bubba wrote:Hi all, this is directed at anyone with some general info on the local gaming club. I am new to the area and would love to get lots of games in, come sit down and paint, and heck build terrain if they'd let me. I play CSM in 40k and Khador for WM.

From what i've seen there isn't to many guys in on Saturday but theres quite a few during the week. The'll let ya do just about anything wargaming related as long as they have the space :mrgreen: I'd recommend staying away on Fridays unless you wana play Magic though, they have a REALLY BIG Magic group :)

What would be the best day to come play a pick-up game of 40k or WM?

Probably Wednesday, Tuesday and thursday theres DnD most weeks and on Friday theres Magic. Wednesdays also the designated 40k night though i'm not sure many people follow that.

Is it easy to get in a pick-up game of 40k or WM?

I'd say not, most people are there to play pre set games so it would be best to find an oponant on the Forums first.

How many players are in the club in total (roughly)?

I'd say there where alot but it all depends on what game, for 40k i know theres around 15 though several live some distence away.

How often are tournaments for 40k and WM?

As Dragon said, theres about 1 every 3 mounths.

How many people are generally there playing each day (broad question I know but throughout the day maybe)?

From what i've seen theres normaly 2-4 on average but there can be alot more some days :mrgreen:

How do I get involved in the club (More then just playing a game, although that too)?

You can see about joining the MWG Fanatic program and run turnaments, build terrain and help out new players, or you can just do that anyway :mrgreen:

Matt and Dave are pretty awsome! I've met Matt in person and hes a really cool guy! And his Beat matt BatReps are amazing! I'd definatly recommend looking into playing one!
Hope that answered some of your questions! :mrgreen:
-Ryan Guzowski
9000 points points of Imperial Smurf Marines!!!!
Yay a full company!
4000pts of Empire

Bigfi

Post by Bigfi » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:36 pm

im a chaos guy and am available most weekends for game. need a weeks notice at least.

working on a BA force too.
fool me once shame on me, fool me twice... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
Cryx, Circle, CSM, and BA armies

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:10 pm

Fighting Gopher wrote:Welcome to the area. Im not sure if ive played you ryan, but I have cam several times and hes great to play against. He also plays fantasy. Im in beamsville myself and can meet up for games sometimes. I play fantasy, 40k, FoW, warmachine and dystopian wars.
I have also played against you. Your daemons vs. My deathwing
2015 Stats: W-6,L-2,T-1

Overall Stats:W-28,L-7,T-4

Not bad for skirt wearing marines! :P