Heavy Gear Arena

News and discussions on Heavy Gear Blitz, Arena, the HG RPG, and Gear Krieg.
Drahazar
Now we're getting somewhere...

Heavy Gear Arena

Post by Drahazar » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:45 pm

This looks really cool. :shock:

Hi All,

We just finished up the Heavy Gear Arena cover artwork, so I wanted to post it up for everyone to see. I'll also put a small promo text below the picture, that we prepared for a flyer we were giving out at Gen Con this summer, enjoy.

GEARS, GUNS, & THE GLORY OF THE GAME

What is Arena? It's in your face! It's multi-ton robots trashing each other! It's all about drama on the field and off the field! This isn't your slow paced hack fest! This is Gears kicking tail and taking names!

Hire the best. Kit your Gears. Slug it out with the best. Only one team can rise to the top, but do you have what it takes to win?

Heavy Gear Arena is a fast paced, highly customizable tactical battle game set in the award winning Heavy Gear setting. For centuries, Terra Nova's best pilots have taken their Gears, advanced robotic fighting machines, and pitted them against each other in the world of sports dueling. Only the best stay in the games and earn their legendary reputations. Of course, reputations only get you so far. Winning equals’ money for upgrading your team and its equipment, the support of your adoring fans brings fame and more importantly the corporate sponsors, or just the thrills, pilots come from all over to find the thing they're desperate for in Khayr ad-Din.

Take on the role of team manager and build up your team to pit against the competition.

What you'll find in Heavy Gear Arena:

•Robust tournament campaign rules

•Duelists capable of growing in experience and talent

•In depth Gear Customization

•Support Personnel to aid your team's growth

•Fast paced combat with combo chains and Duelist Talents

•Background information on badlands city of Khayr ad-Din

•Lots of new artwork

•and Bowser!

DP9-9187c Heavy Gear Arena (Softcover) page count TBA, Full Color, $TBA

Along with lots of new Heavy Gear Arena Miniatures (compatible with Heavy Gear Blitz!), Duelist Weapons Upgrade Pack and Heavy Gear Arena Sponsors Decals Pack.

Coming Soon!

http://dp9forum.com/index.php?showtopic=9076

Dream Pod 9
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Heavy Gear Arena

Post by Dream Pod 9 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:50 pm

Still interested? :D

Check out Robot Viking to win a copy of the new Heavy Gear Arena Two-Player Starter Set and a copy of Operation: Drop Bears Dive!

Then read Robot Viking's review of Heavy Gear Arena and grab some exclusive Heavy Gear Arena desktop wallpapers.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:13 am

Hugh! They are awesome. I already read some comments about it on a different forum.
I think the minis have something amazing, but also some downsides. They remind me to much of the battle-bots you saw on those epic robot battles on TV. Seem a bit like transformers too, like you can easily fold them back into a car or tank:P
On the other side, the poses and the different uses of some parts are amazing. And ofcourse the painting
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:22 pm

I will definitely be picking up that 2-player starter kit in the summer. It looks like a lot of fun!

More Dakka
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by More Dakka » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Got my starter set this weekend, it is awesome!

The 4 Gears you get come with tons of weapons and equipment options.

Gotta give the book a full read through before I decide what goes on who, but then again I might end up magnetizing everything.
-SIGNATURR!!!

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:27 pm

More Dakka wrote:Gotta give the book a full read through before I decide what goes on who, but then again I might end up magnetizing everything.
I tried; I found it pretty much impossible. The only magnets that are small enough to fit in the Gears' hands are the 1/16" dia. x 1/32" thick ones, and they aren't anywhere near strong enough to hold the metal weapons in place, particularly when you're looking at stuff like the HAC or MAC.
Not to say don't try it, of course, just letting you know it didn't work for me.