Blight Launcher conversion ideas

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Blight Launcher conversion ideas

Post by Kalidas » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:49 pm

So the Plague marines in the Dark Imperium box don't have blight launchers and they are such a good weapon. So I was wondering what are some of your ideas to convert one?

I am thinking of using the one plague marine with all the pipes and stuff on his back maybe add a bit of piping from his gun to his backpack.

Any other ideas?

Alkuzar
Bronze Vault Member

Re: Blight Launcher conversion ideas

Post by Alkuzar » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:23 am

Yeah, i'm also looking for a conversion for this weapon. I first thought of using flamers, as I don't use flamers for my plague marines squad, but they can be actually good in this edition.
So i have been looking at Forge World weapon kits and they have nothing that would look a good blight launcher.
Warhammer 40k:
106 power. / 1994 pts. Death Guard
33 power. / 667 pts. The Tainted
17 power. / 362 pts. Daemons of Nurgle

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:36 am

It's surprising that the models don't come with this weapon option. It's a bit like if the Rubric Marines weren't coming with the Soulreaper Cannon. If you're good with greenstuff, I would try to transform a flamer into a possessed one with mutated fleshy growths and as nurgly as possible.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Kalidas » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:04 am

Cool fun ideas everyone. Probably won't be using flamers because those are really good this edition but I'm sure I will think of something. See I plan on going to a tournemnet next month. ITC in Sacramento, and I need to try and make sure my guys are WYSWIG and all that, plus I want to use the new plague marines at this tournament(may have to remove the powerfists from the champion).

Speaking of that is it better to have one guy in a unit with a launcher and another with a flamer or both to have one type of weapon?

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:18 pm

You can split fire with everything in this edition, but I still like having my special and heavy weapons concentrated by type. This way, I know that both will have range simultaneously most of the time and this makes the shooting phase simpler.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Kalidas » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:13 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:You can split fire with everything in this edition, but I still like having my special and heavy weapons concentrated by type. This way, I know that both will have range simultaneously most of the time and this makes the shooting phase simpler.
Yeah I know you can split but good point. Flamer weapon and launcher in each unit would be nice... Probably will be converting my plasma gun to a flamer... plasma just isn't as good as it used to be

Alkuzar
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Alkuzar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:47 am

We are getting blight launchers!
[+] Expand
Look at the plague marine in the back on the left side.

Also posted on the community site:

The blight launcher in the kit is a great visual reference to the history of the Death Guard, and eagle-eyed hobbyists will notice the similarities to weapons from the Horus Heresy, blending design elements from the grenade launchers wielded by the Deathshroud Terminators and the rad-missile launchers equipped by Destroyers.
Warhammer 40k:

Satarin
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by Satarin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:35 am

Had this Idea of a Blight launcher conversion Take a Heavy Bolter from the Calth Box and a Imperial Guard Grenade Launcher slice them up in appropriate areas and stick back together add in some greenstuff cables and do some small rust holes with a small drill piece and bobs your uncle.

Pic below for visual.

Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Kalidas » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:45 pm

Satarin wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:35 am
Had this Idea of a Blight launcher conversion Take a Heavy Bolter from the Calth Box and a Imperial Guard Grenade Launcher slice them up in appropriate areas and stick back together add in some greenstuff cables and do some small rust holes with a small drill piece and bobs your uncle.

Pic below for visual.

Yeah that could totally work. I already kinda did mine... looks NOTHING like what they did lol

Alkuzar
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Alkuzar » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:29 pm

I received my first strike box earlier today, and the blight launcher is a tiny bit to big for the size plague marines I use, going to try to shave it down a bit, see if I can make it fit.
Warhammer 40k: