Nexus' #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Nexus' #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:14 pm

I have been itching to get things rolling for the hobby in 2015; I must have recently leveled up because I am finding that the models are being finished faster and they are looking better than ever before. So I am pumped to start showing off what I have to offer.

My Dark Angels are getting an overhaul. and I am going to need to focus on them first.

The Necrons are going to need to be dealt with second. I have 80 finished warriors or so but everything else is primer black.

finally... I want to get into fantasy. When the 9th edition starter box drops I am (probably) going to double up on it and buy whatever is facing off versus empire.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Nexus' #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:28 pm

Here are some of my 30k MKIV marines. Yes, I know they should be black... I want to use these guys as vets for my normal Dark angel lists.

--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:55 pm

So my custom ezekiel is coming together pretty well. he is supposed to have a big two-handed sword and a book that confers a buff to people... so I am going to use a big sword from a grey knights kit fro the right hand (i think it is big enough to count as a 2-hander) and I am going to put a book in the left.

I am going to try and find a MKIV helmet to put on him and then put a hood on him. You cant actually see a psychic hood in the real model so i am not going to worry about it here. He will have a cloth hood though.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Looking good so far, loving the Horus Heresy...trying to not buy into it yet. Maybe next year...or whenever Thousand Sons come out.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

qwasiman
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by qwasiman » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:02 am

looking good! You managed to get a really cool looking green on them!

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:21 pm

I got the libby put together.

--Necrons, Dark Angels--

OverlordRick
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by OverlordRick » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:59 am

That looks really good so far. Can't wait to see it painted.

Vault
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Vault » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:54 pm

Interested in this kitbashed Ezekiel, I'd qualify that sword as a 2H weapon.
*edit* Helps a lot if I make sure I've read through both pages. He looks good.
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:57 am

Vault wrote:Interested in this kitbashed Ezekiel, I'd qualify that sword as a 2H weapon.
*edit* Helps a lot if I make sure I've read through both pages. He looks good.

A friend of mi email was giving get me crap for having him with a helmet. I really to not like the idea of walking around without a helmet on.

All of my other painted librarians are actually painted green but I might just make this guy blue to separate him from the pack. Not sure. I am going good to paint him tomorrow.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Vault
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Vault » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:43 pm

I know what you mean; the only marines I have without helmets are either sculpted like that or I ran out of helmeted heads during assembly.

I do understand that being unhelmeted makes a character more unique and easier to spot on a tabletop... it just doesn't make much sense in regard to the setting. When you're fighting for control of a moon with no atmosphere and the entire enemy command structure is running around with their heads exposed to the vacuum... Lore does say they can sweat a protective barrier that offers limited protection to vacuum exposure but they do need to breathe... eventually.
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:42 pm

Blending..
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:41 pm

15 total done now.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Really dig those Dark Angels. Great job
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:50 pm

Are you using an airbrush or blending by hand? They look great!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:28 am

Dez wrote:Are you using an airbrush or blending by hand? They look great!

No airbrush. Layers and layers of paint glazing. It takes me forever to paint but I think I have marines finally figured out.

Tomorrow I need go try and paint cloth. I hate cloth...
--Necrons, Dark Angels--