White Dwarf Apoc leak

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

White Dwarf Apoc leak

Post by xtroopers9 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:09 pm

http://i.imgur.com/69aybxp.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3801_n.jpg

These are supposedly next month's White Dwarf Leak for Apocalypse 2.0, a Khorne Lord of Battle and some kind of cool big Necron monolith. Looks like it will be out in time for Apocalypticon. Which raises the question, will we get to use the new formations and units, or no?

I for one will be picking up at least a couple of the new megalith's as they are being called, depending on its stats.
20k pts of Necrons, fully painted
WE ARE THE NECRONTYR WE CLAIM DOMINION OVER THIS THREAD SURRENDER AND DIE.

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Re: White Dwarf Apoc leak

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:37 am

Yes you can use them if they come out in time.

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:48 am

Happyface!

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Post by xtroopers9 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Awesome, Thanks Matt!

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

Carnifex160
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Location: Attempting to get out of the Eye of Terror. Not succeeding either.

Post by Carnifex160 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Matt, I won't be participating but, just curious, will you guys be using the old Apocalypse rules, or will these new units force you to use the new ones?

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:33 am

I can't really say until I see the new Apocalypse rules.

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:46 am

I suppose most of you have seen it already, but for those who haven't; on GW's website is the advertisement for Apocalypse. This week the thing will go on pre-order, so soon it will be available.

Looking forward to seeing if GW actually manages to create a few Apocalypse units that are excitement worthy (new ones that is).

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:13 am

There are weapons that unleash 15" blasts now...

Mwa ha ha ha ha

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:26 am

Just ordered the collectors edition from GW and will be placing a larger order with Spikey or Warstore for the book and a few extras. Unfortunately my over ambitious painting goals have fallen woefully short. We will see how much more gets done... uhhh...
~Kernbanks

Randolph
Gold Vault Member

Post by Randolph » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:29 am

I'm just getting the basic book - but I definitely want the new templates. What do I need to build to justify those templates. I bet there will be 1 D-Strength weapon at that size. Boo-yeah!! The big ask...will the new rules be used for Apocalypticon or are we too close?

I know I can memorize the new Apocalypse rules in 2 nights.
15k Crimson Fist Fully Painted
5k Celestial Lions Fully Painted
40k Titan Legion
Krome to the rescue

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Ignite him with a Flamestorm Cannon and he will be warm for the rest of his life

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Post by xtroopers9 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:20 am

Randolph wrote:I'm just getting the basic book - but I definitely want the new templates. What do I need to build to justify those templates. I bet there will be 1 D-Strength weapon at that size. Boo-yeah!! The big ask...will the new rules be used for Apocalypticon or are we too close?

I know I can memorize the new Apocalypse rules in 2 nights.
Yeah I think we could probably use the new rules, but its really Matt's call. I can't imagine that it will be that different anyway, just more 6th edition specific things. I need to reorganize my army as I had all the old cron datasheets and now they are all oop. Looks like I need a tesseract Vault and two more Monoliths...

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:21 am

I will definitely get for new formations and such. Also, I am looking at all that pretty terrain to use as the fortress walls I was unable to get built on time...
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:38 pm

I was reading the leaked stats on the Khorn Lord of Battles; the new rules seem to be streamlined from the Forge World 6th ed. update.
No 'structure points - hull point' mixtures, all vehicles have hull points now (the Lord of Battle has 9).
Akin to 6th ed. 40k they've introduced a bunch of standard rules that all the superheavy vehicles and formations draw from and refer to. It would seem that these rules are for the most part modified versions of those found in the 40k rulebook. e.g. Superheavy Tank Shock.
No more page long details about how such and such the Daemon Lord or Uber Tank functions- all done by the codifying of the rule sets.

The points costing of superheavy vehicles seem to be more in line with standard 40k.

Weapon loadouts are much more in line with each other- power wise (no more having to choose between the Vulcan Mega Bolter and the Double Barreled 'D' launcher). Possibly one has to pay more for certain weapons- the Khorn Lord of Battles left weapon can be something similar to a beefed up Hades Autocannon, or something that can drop a 10" pie plate of high strength and long range... surely there is no crack potent enough for GW to think these two weapons are the same in destructive power.

There are 11 classes of formations/ superheavies. Over 100 formations now exist in one book (so you don't have to do what I did last year to find Dante's Sanguine Host- go to a WD collector and pay 30$ for a single long, long outdated White Dwarf).

It would seem from the 'One Click Bankruptcy' options that there are some formations from prior to now that haven't been included in the new book. The Grey Knight Assassin formation, and a Blood Angel Armaggedon formation with three Thuderhawks, springs to mind. It's possible though that GW simply didn't offer it as a OCB, but these formations exists.
Glad to see the Endless Swarm is back! Next year I'm bringing Nids!

@ Aegis - The additions to the Wall of Martyrs supposedly have non-Apocalypse stats in addition to the 'mega' versions of them, utilisable in standard 40k.

@ Randy - My thought was exactly the same as yours. 'What weapon unleashes that 15" blast?' Our answer comes out July 13th according to most sources. Plenty of time to build such a weapon.

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Post by xtroopers9 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:44 am

bigoldfrog wrote:I was reading the leaked stats on the Khorn Lord of Battles; the new rules seem to be streamlined from the Forge World 6th ed. update.
No 'structure points - hull point' mixtures, all vehicles have hull points now (the Lord of Battle has 9).
Akin to 6th ed. 40k they've introduced a bunch of standard rules that all the superheavy vehicles and formations draw from and refer to. It would seem that these rules are for the most part modified versions of those found in the 40k rulebook. e.g. Superheavy Tank Shock.
No more page long details about how such and such the Daemon Lord or Uber Tank functions- all done by the codifying of the rule sets.

The points costing of superheavy vehicles seem to be more in line with standard 40k.

Weapon loadouts are much more in line with each other- power wise (no more having to choose between the Vulcan Mega Bolter and the Double Barreled 'D' launcher). Possibly one has to pay more for certain weapons- the Khorn Lord of Battles left weapon can be something similar to a beefed up Hades Autocannon, or something that can drop a 10" pie plate of high strength and long range... surely there is no crack potent enough for GW to think these two weapons are the same in destructive power.

There are 11 classes of formations/ superheavies. Over 100 formations now exist in one book (so you don't have to do what I did last year to find Dante's Sanguine Host- go to a WD collector and pay 30$ for a single long, long outdated White Dwarf).

It would seem from the 'One Click Bankruptcy' options that there are some formations from prior to now that haven't been included in the new book. The Grey Knight Assassin formation, and a Blood Angel Armaggedon formation with three Thuderhawks, springs to mind. It's possible though that GW simply didn't offer it as a OCB, but these formations exists.
Glad to see the Endless Swarm is back! Next year I'm bringing Nids!

@ Aegis - The additions to the Wall of Martyrs supposedly have non-Apocalypse stats in addition to the 'mega' versions of them, utilisable in standard 40k.

@ Randy - My thought was exactly the same as yours. 'What weapon unleashes that 15" blast?' Our answer comes out July 13th according to most sources. Plenty of time to build such a weapon.
Well if you are in the states it is being released June 6th. I've already pre ordered the stuff from my FLGS. Also the WD Apocalypse battle report was awesome. Imperium won sadly, but that's what happens when they get a whole bunch of "free" fortifications. There was even a part where part of the board was destroyed because of the amount of psychic powers used that turn. I can't wait.

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:46 pm

'Part of the board was destroyed'?!?! The literal board, the surface everything moves over?! That would be insane!