Battle Report Thread (OLD - NA Campaign)

For older stuff.
Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Battle Reports Thread

Post by Hedonismbot » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:33 pm

Commander Name:Lady Galianth Galianostra
Faction:Dark Eldar
Subfaction:Kabal Of The Black Heart
Alliance:Eldar Alliance
Planet Targeted:Vana Prime
Game Size Played:1000
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?:Yes/typical De skimmer based army with some scourges.
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: Night fighting all game.
Were character injuries used?:Yes/didn't suffer any.
Did you try the Strategic Missions Packet? If so which mission?:No.
Result:Win
CP Earned:11

Opposition: Dark Angels

Mission: Big Guns Never Tire/ Vanguard Strike.

Warlord Traits: Blood dancer for me and the hunt for the Dark Angels.

Psychic powers: Prescience, forewarning and scryer's gaze for the Dark Angels.

Intro: Meh, I may start posting this up tomorrow.

Deployment: The Dark Angels won the roll off and chose to deploy first. A unit of deathwing knights was coming in via deathwing assault, while a unit of scouts joined by Ezekiel went inside a land raider which hid behind a ruin near the left corner of their table edge. Behind the land raider went individual land speeders. In the ruins itself, went a combat squad of tac marines.

I then put a unit of incubi with Archon in a raider in reserve, along with 2 units of scourges. In the corner directly opposite the land raider, I deployed a pair of ravagers with 2 venoms with warriors in front of them. The objectives were placed in a 2 story ruin not far in front of my army, in between another 2 ruins close to the right corner of my table edge and another one went in a piece of terrain in the middle of the board. Lastly, one objective was placed in a ruin in front of the land raider. The Dark Angels choose to go first and I didn't try to seize.

Dark Angels turn 1:

Movement: The land raider moved forwards towards the edge of the ruins, while the speeders all moved towards their left side of the board. Tac marines moved to the edge ot the terrain.

Psychic phase: Nothing was cast.

Shooting: The land speeders went flat out to the center section of their left side of the table.

My turn 1:

Movement: The 2 venoms and ravagers all zoomed up towards the objective closest to my army.

Shooting: One of the venoms boosted up to the left of the objective, while the other one went towards another ruin near the Dark Angels table edge as did both ravagers.

Dark Angels turn 2:

Movement: The deathwing knights came down right next to the land raider, while the marines were slowed down by the terrain with a couple of them clearing the ruins. The land speeders moved up to the ruins in front of the land raider with 2 of them going off to the left side and the other one going behind it. The land raider itself moved back a bit to partially clear itself of the ruins and get into range of my skimmers.

Psychic phase: Nothing cast.

Shooting: One of my ravagers was forced to jinx to avoid getting shot by twin lascannons, but my opponent missed with one and rolled a 1 to pen with the other. That was it.

My turn 2:

Movement: The incubi raider and a unit of scourges came in from reserve, with the raider coming onto my bottom left corner and the scourges came on in between the 2 ruins near an objective close to the speeders. The warriors in the venom near an objective got out and moved onto it while both ravagers flew in front of the ruins near the objective the warriors were on. The other venom went and hugged a piece of terrain next to the one near the land raider while scourges moved up and into range of the land raider. The incubi transport moved up right alongside the ravagers to their right.

Shooting: The ravagers, incubi raider and scourges all fire into the land raider and take off 2 hullpoints(lazy, just lazy) and the venom with the warriors still inside fired at the tac marines and killed the 3 it could see and they passed morale.

Dark Angels turn 3:

Movement: The deathwing knights move forwards to the ruins towards my army and the land raider backs up a couple inches. The speeders don't budge. The tac marines move towards the terrain the land speeders are hiding behind.

Psychic phase: Nothing cast.

Shooting: Land raider fires at the non evading ravager from last turn and I elect to jinx(whopee). The tac marines run into the ruins while the land speeders all open fire on the scourges. They die and give up first blood, but it takes all 3 of them to do so(yay?).

My turn 3:

Movement: The last unit of scourges comes in exactly where the previous one did, while the venom that dropped off the warriors moves into range of the tac squad. The other venom moves around to the left side of the ruins hiding it from the land raider to see some of the deathwing knights and the incubi raider follows closely behind. The evading ravager moves to the right of the central ruins to get a shot at the land speeder while the other ravager moves a couple inches forwards to get into range of the land raider again. The scourges go after the land raider. Warriors sit on objective.

Shooting: The non jinxing ravager shoots at the land raider and fails to do anything(apparently the new book didn't fix the lance curse) but the scourges manage to wreck it for a hvy support kill and the scouts and Ezekiel bail out to the right. The snap firing ravager fires at the nearest land speeder and fails to hit it. The venoms open fire on their assigned targets and a deathwing knight and 2 tac marines fall. The last tac marine passes morale. Incubi raider goes flat out towards the dismounted scouts.

Dark Angels turn 4:

Movement: The front land speeder moves onto the objective between the 2 ruins, while the one at the back moves into the ruins alongside the last tac marine and passes the dangerous terrain test. The last speeder stays where it is. Deathwing knights move towards the incubi raider while the scouts move up the edge of the ruins to get into some cover.

Psychic phase: Ezekial casts prescience on his unit but I deny the witch!

Shooting: The land speeder in the ruins fires it's hvy bolter at the underachieving ravager and fails to hurt it while the other two shoot at the scourges, but in a completely opposite turn of events, not a single one goes down(well look at that). The tac marine fires a bolter round into them and also does nothing.

My turn 4:

Movement: The incubi raider moves towards the scouts and the unit disembarks and prepares to charge. The venom follows up behind it to shoot at the knights. The competancy challenged ravager moves onto the objective in the middle of the board while the other one stays put and the scourges fly over to the right of the land speeder on the objective that shot them last turn. Warriors sit on objective again.

Shooting: The scourges have a sub par round of shooting and manage to take off a single hull point from the land speeder. Both ravagers fire at the land speeders across from them and the one nearest the scourges is immobilized and the other is forced to jinx but escapes harm. The venom behind the raider and the transport shoot the deathwing knights and get 2 with the last tac marine meeting his end as the last venom finishes the squad off.

Assault: The Incubi charge the scouts and the scourges go after the land speeder they failed to destroy with their haywire blasters. Both make it in. Combat has the scourges glance the land speeder to death while the Archon issues a challenge and the sergeant accepts and swatted aside like it's nothing and another scout falls along with him. The incubi finish off the rest of the squad along with the chief librarian for slay the warlord and consolidate towards their transport.

At this point my opponent concedes.

Well that was a bit disappointing. Not because of the game, some folks just give up too early when the going get's rough. It may not have been very good odds, but one should keep going, you never know what could happen. The early half of the game was more of a game of cat and mouse where we kept manuevring our armies for to try and land a decisive blow. It just happened that I was able to do it first. While I can understand wanting to keep most of his army back and away from the firepower of my skimmers and incubi, this also played into my hands.

By staying back in such a small area it made it so the scourges were almost guarenteed to get into range and haywire something. Along with the ravagers closing in on the other side, they were going to run out of places to go and when this happened, the marines would be trapped. My anti tank doing better early on would've been nice but that'll happen, that's the dice for you.

I think they would've done better being a lot more agressive and either getting closer so more weapons would be in range or even reserving the speeders so I would've had a harder time dealing with them. As it was, the Dark Angels seemed to act more like my army than they did themselves and it turned out that I can do it better, which isn't much of a surprise.

Final score: 11 for me(3 primary objectives, slay the warlord, line breaker) to 4 for the Dark Angels(1 primary objective, first blood).

Aftermath:

End.

Pictures.

It's like ring around the rosy but with deadly weapons!

Fine, you marines want to try and play like me, then I'll play the way you guys do, but better.

I'll also show you how close combat works............
Last edited by Hedonismbot on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Battle Report Thread

Post by mrshadowguy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:14 am

Commander Name: Farseer Karaeth
Faction: Eldar
Subfacton: Foarces of the Craftworld Talaini
Alliance: Eldar Alliance
Planet Targeted: Kezvo
Game size played: 1280
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?:Yes, Dire Avenger strikes with Wraith Lord support
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: No
Were character injuries used?:Yes, Warlord survived.
Result:Win 7 - 0
CP Earned: 13

(Extra info: this is probably the quickest win I've ever had. The game took 40 minutes, and I tabled the other guy in 2 turns with not a single wound loss.)
Last edited by mrshadowguy on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:24 am

Excellent Farseer, now that the word bearers have fled from your might, the planet is yours for the taking. That and it will help you escape if need be.

mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrshadowguy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Commander Name: Farseer Karaeth
Faction: Eldar
Subfacton: Foarces of the Craftworld Talaini
Alliance: Eldar Alliance
Planet Targeted: Kezvo
Game size played: 2000
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?:Yes, Dire Avenger strikes with Wraith Lord support
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: None
Were character injuries used?:Yes, Shaken resolve
Did you try the Strategic Missions Packet? If so which mission?:None
Result:Victory, 5-4
CP Earned: 13
That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.

Necrons 4eva

Post by Necrons 4eva » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Wait, is it the leading alliance from the campaigns first end or the leading team now that needs 30 pts to leave (can the imperials take back chantilix and force me to need to gain 50 vps)
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Necrons 4eva wrote:Wait, is it the leading alliance from the campaigns first end or the leading team now that needs 30 pts to leave (can the imperials take back chantilix and force me to need to gain 50 vps)

Why would they take it back anyways. There's that whole thing about the entire subsector being nuked in a week you know.

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:03 pm

Planet Targeted:Vana Prime.
Game Size Played:1850
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?:Yes/ bird themed with lots of bird people and more birds. Turns out it's also really good.
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: No effect.
Were character injuries used?:Yes.
CP Earned:16

Opposition: Orks

Mission: Deadlock.

Warlord Traits: Tactical genius for me and bellowing tyrant for the orks.

Psychic powers: Prescience, terrify and hallucination for me and da crunch and ere we go for the orks.

Intro: Ugh, so much backlog.

Deployment: The orks won the roll off and chose to deploy first. Amongst a ruin in the corner of the ork deployment zone went a mob of boyz with a big mek toting a shock attack gun. To the right of the ork mob and about halfway up the board and straddling the table edge went another 2 mobs of ork boyz, the one furthest being accompanied by a weirdboy. In front of the big mek in another ruin close to the cent of the ork deployment zone was yet anoth mob of ork boyz.

In front of this mob and partially hidden by a ruin in the center of the board went a unit of nob bikers joined by a painboyz who was the warlord and several inches to their left, went another unit of nob bikers with another pain boy attached to them. In front of each unit of nob bikers went a unit of deff koptas and lastly a unit of kommandos joined by snikrot and some mekboyz were out flanking.

My turn had a unit of swooping hawks placed right in my corner of my dz behind a ruin, with 3 units of warriors in venoms going right in front of them. Turning sideways and hugging the table edge in front of the wall of venoms was a ravager. In a multi storied building at the edge of my deployment zone and slightly to the left of my center was a large unit of warriors with hq and in the middle of the terrain went a wraith knight. To the right of the warriors and in another ruin is a beastpack with a jetseer. Two units of jetbikes and scourges are placed in reserve.

Objectives were placed as follows: Obj 1 was in the open a little ways in front of the ruins where the ork boyz mobs to their far right side were, obj 2 is just off to the side of the leftmost deffkopta mob and obj 3 is atop the terrain in the middle of the board. No. 4 is right on top of the beast pack with no. 5 in front of the ork boyz mob and behind the orks right most mob of nob bikers and no. 6 is just to the left of the ruins where my warriors and wraith knight is. No night fighting turn one and the koptas scouted forwards towards my army. The orks chose to go first and I failed to seize.

Orks turn 1:

Objectives drawn: Secure obj 1, 4, witch hunter, blood and guts, stomp em boyz, overwhelming firepower.

Movement: The deff koptas moved forwards to get right behind the central ruins, as I'd placed my vehicles out of range and the left most of his nob bikers moved onto obj 2. The other unit of bikers moved up behind the right most mob of deff koptas and the 2 boyz mobs near obj one began moving through the ruins. Boyz mobs near obj 5 moved to the front of their piece of terrain and that was it.

Psychic phase: The weirdboy tried to cast ere we go on his unit but I denied the witch.

Shooting: The big mek with the shock attack gun started things off by firing at my beasts and in a repeat of the last game he teleported himself into combat on the first shot(I couldn't stop laughing for a good 5 minutes after this and my sides were hurting)! The right most deff kopta mob fired at the wraith knight but I made my cover saves and the other mob shot at my warriors and killed one of them.

Assault: I rolled my really bad with the beasts(probably laughing too hard to bother attacking) and only did a single wound with the mek dealing a couple in return but I was fearless so didn't care.

Objectives achieved: None. Discarded witch hunter.

My turn 1:

Objectives drawn: Secure obj 1, 2, 3, witch hunter, hold the line and trophy hunter.

Movement: The swooping hawks used skyleap and all the venoms moved out from behind their hiding spot to form a line in between the building where the warriors and beasts were. The ravager moved behind the warriors in the ruins and everything else stayed where it was.

Psychic phase: Jetseer cast prescience on his unit and took a wound from perils(slow clap).

Shooting: All three venoms and the wraith knight fired at the deff koptas near obj 2 and wiped them out for first blood, while the warriors took a wound off of the other squad. Ravager shot them as well but they made their cover saves.

Assault: The beasts wiped out the big mek and consolidated backwards by a couple inches.

Objectives achieved: Hold the line and first blood. I discarded secure obj 2 and trophy hunter.

Orks turn 2:

Objectives drawn: None.

Movement: The kommandos came in right behind my line of venoms and moved towards them to get into burna range, while the other deff koptas moved behind the nob bikers who move up to get their front couple bikers in range of my warriors and the other unit stayed put. The 2 boyz mobs continued moving through terrain towards objective 1, while the other ones stayed where they were.

Psychic phase: The weirdboy cast ere we go and is himself and his mob teleported to the corner of my deployment zone. Also tried to cast da crunch but failed.

Shooting: The kommandos roasted 2 warrior squads inside the nearest venoms, while the weirdboy's mob forced the other venom to jinx but they didn't even do anything to it. The nob bikers killed 2 more warriors in the ruins and the deff koptas failed to harm the wraith knight again.

Objectives achieved: Overwhelming firepower for 1. Discarded secure obj 4.

My turn 2:

Objectives drawn: Secure obj 1 and domination.

Movement: The hawks came back down and landed on obj 3, while both units of scourges came in on each side of the kommandos along with a single unit of jetbikes which went right behind the ruins. The ravager moved right behind obj 6 and the wraith knight jumped out of cover and went for the mob of nob bikers containing the warlord. Beast pack turned around and moved toward the weirdboy's mob. Warriors stayed put.

Psychic phase: Jetseer cast terrify and hallucinate(got it's so beautiful) on the weird boy mob and put prescience on his own unit.

Shooting: The hawks dropped a grenade pack and fired their lasblasters at the nob bikers nearest the wraith knight and killed one of them while shooting from the scourges, jet bikes and the warriors took care of the kommandos. The venoms and ravager got rid of the last unit of deff koptas and the beast pack got an ork boy with their splinter pods.

Assault: The wraith knight charged the nob bikers while the beast went after the weirdboy's mob and both got in safely. Combat had the orks failed their fear check, but the wraith knight rolled very poorly poorly and only killed a single nob and took 2 wounds in return from the pain boy and a power claw hit to tie combat. The fight with the beasts was a bit more decisive and I wiped out the whole mob before they could attack and consolidated back towards obj 4 and gain me witch hunter.

Objectives achieved: Secure obj 3 and witch hunter. I discarded both secure obj 1's.

Orks turn 3:

Objectives drawn: More dakka.

Movement: The other unit of nob bikers all moved into weapons range of the hawks on top of the building and the unit of orks boyz near obj 5, finally decided to move and went towards the hawks, as did the mob who was supposed to protect the big mek. The other unit of ork boyz moved onto obj 1.

Shooting: The nob bikers and the big shootas from all of the ork boy mobs fired at the hawks and they went to ground. Somehow 2 of them survived and fell back all the way to objective 6!

Assault: The nob bikers passed their fear check and the wraith knight killed another ork nob and took a wound in return. Orks passed morale.

Objectives achieved: Secure obj 1.

My turn 3:

Objectives drawn: Secure obj 6, ascendancy and blood and guts.

Movement: The last unit of jetbikes comes in behind the other unit and the swooping hawks rally, while the other unit of jetbikers moves onto obj 3 and passes their dangerous terrain tests. Warrior stay here they are and the beast pack moves onto obj 4. Ravager moves up behind the wall of venoms and the scourges move towards my corner. The wall of venoms moves back slightly but keeps their sights on the bikers. Other unit of jetbikes moves up behind the warriors.

Psychic phase: Jetseer casts terrify on the nob bikers fighting the wraith knight.

Shooting: The warriors, all the venoms and ravager fire into the other mob of nob bikers and kills half the unit and puts a wound on a nob and they fail morale and fall back towards obj 2.

Assault: The orks pass their fear test and the wraith knight kills yet one more nob and deal out another wound but they pass morale.

Objectives achieved: Secure obj 6 and ascendancy for 1. I discarded domination.

Orks turn 4:

Movement: Nob bikers rally. The ork mob near obj 1 heads towards my warriors in the ruins, while the other 2 mobs keep trudging forwards to the my jet bikes on obj 3.

Shooting: The nob bikers and the 2 mobs of ork boyz near obj 5 open fire on the jetbikes and wipe out the unit for more dakka. The other mob of boyz finishes off what's left of the swooping hawks.

Assault: The nob bikers pass their fear test again and the wraith knight kills yet another ork, but they pass morale(his warlord trait more than paid for itself already).

Objectives achieved: More dakka for 1.

My turn 4:

Objectives drawn: Psychological warfare and pain, in all it's forms.

Movement: The warriors and scourges stay where they are. The ravager and jet bikes move over to the right side of the ruins where the warriors are located and the venoms stay where they are. Beast pack moves towards the combat with the wraith knight.

Psychic phase: Jetseer casts terrify on the nob bikers.

Shooting: Two of the venoms and the ravager fire at the cloest ork mob on obj 5 and kill only a couple of them, while the other venom shoots the nob bikers but does no damage.

Assault: The wraith knight whiffs all it's attack and it takes a wound from a power claw hit.

Objectives achieved: None.

Orks turn 5:

Movement: The other unit of bikes heads towards the combat with wraith knight and the other two mobs or orks swarms over obj 5, getting closer to the middle of the board. Other ork mob moves through the ruins towards my warriors.

Shooting: Big shootas from the ork mobs kill a couple warriors.

Assault: The other unit of bikes charges into the combat to help out their buddies. Combat has the wraith knight finish off the first squad and kill the war lord pain boy for slay the warlord but finally goes down to charging unit of nob bikers. They consolidate towards the beasts.

Objectives achieved: Blood and guts and stomp em boyz. I get slay the warlord.

My turn 5:

Movement: Beast pack heads towards the bikers and nothing else bothers moving.

Psychic phase: Jetseer casts prescience on the beastpack but rolls a perils and get's sucked into the warp(you little *bleep*)!

Shooting: The warriors and ravager wipe out the nobs and leave only the painboy standing and he doesn't run away while the venom fire into the ork mob closing in on obj 3 and leave all but 2 of them and wound the nob. They pass morale.

Assault: The beasts charge the pain boy and wipe him out for blood and guts and pain, in all it's forms for 1 apiece.

Objectives achieved: Blood and guts for 1 and pain, in all it's forms for 1.

Rolled a dice and the game ends.

Well that was a bit different. While I've fought against bikers before, I've never seen an ork army with 2 big sized units of them fully buffed up and with no vehicles no less. The 2 units of scourges I had were completely useless as there was nothing for them to really go after. That was a little bit irritating. But with that against me, the orks were faced with a difficult choice. By me putting my vehicles so far back and my beasts and warriors up front and in cover, his deff kopters could only go so far without getting into range of my guns. I needed to take these guys out asap, as they were the biggest threat to my skimmers and could take out a lot of firepower if they ever got into range of them and this would make it much tougher to tackle his 2 deathstar units.

My warriors were in a good spot and had a large chunk of the table covered where they were, so if anything came into range, they were going to get blasted off the table, which included the koptas, as they didn't have choice, unless they wanted to hide in a corner and do nothing while I picked on the rest of his army, which would suit me just fine. Once they made their move, they thankfully went down fast.

Though I felt I made the right decisions for most of the game, some of the things the ork player did, I don't think was right option. With such a fast moving army I would've simply tried to rush me with everything they instead of hold back a few units, as I was able to isolate and pick off both the kommandos and the weirdboy's mob with no fear of reprisal as he had nothing nearby to support them. If both mobs of nob bikers moved forwards along side the kommandos and weirdboy mob, It would've been tough dealing with all of that in one turn. I have to give a shout out to the big mek who once again teleported into combat on his first shot. I think it's been every single game so far that something like this has happened and while it's not always the first shot, sooner or later.......Silly orks, you're not the brightest, but you're sure as hell entertaining.

Final score: 9 for me( secure obj 3, 6, witch hunter, hold the line, ascendancy for 1, blood and guts for 1, pain, in all it's forms for 1 and first blood and slay the warlord) to 5 for the Orks( secure obj 1, blood and guts, overwhelming firepower for 1, more dakka for 1 and stomp em boyz for 1).

Aftermath:

End.

Pictures.

Yes, come come in splinter fire range.

Wth, again, you've got to be joking!

Fnp this!

Apparently the orks didn't remember what happened last time they teleported next to my army.
Last edited by Hedonismbot on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

IngenuityGap
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by IngenuityGap » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Commander Name: Lord of Flies vs Chief Librarian Tigurius
Faction: Daemons/CSM vs Ultramarines/Grey Knights
Subfacton: Nurgle/Tzeentch vs Ultramarines 2nd Company/Grey Knights
Alliance: CAAI
Planet Targeted: Maskrati
Game size played: 1850
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?:Yes, Daemonic Incursion
Were character injuries used? No.
Result: Daemon victory, tabled the Imperials.
CP Earned: 12
Last edited by IngenuityGap on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7th Circle Chaos Daemons
Imperial Knights House Terryn
Adeptus Mechanicus - Skitarii, Cult Mechanicus, Imperial Knights
Tau

IngenuityGap

Post by IngenuityGap » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:07 pm

Commander Name: Lord Viz'er'ras'pu'tin vs Ulric the Slayer
Faction: Daemons/CSM vs Space Wolves
Subfacton: Nurgle/Tzeentch vs Space Wolf Great Company
Alliance: CAAI
Planet Targeted: Chantillix
Game size played: 3000
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?:Yes, Daemonic Incursion
Were character injuries used? No.
Result: Daemon victory 18-14.
CP Earned: 32
Last edited by IngenuityGap on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7th Circle Chaos Daemons
Tau

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:19 pm

Uh ingenuitygap, how are you attacking Kezvo?

The region lock is still in effect.

IngenuityGap

Post by IngenuityGap » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Hedonismbot wrote:Uh ingenuitygap, how are you attacking Kezvo?

The region lock is still in effect.
Oops, thought it was off. Changed.
7th Circle Chaos Daemons
Tau

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:02 am

Planet Targeted:Vana Prime.
Game Size Played:2k
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?: Yes/close combat heavy army.
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?:No.
Were character injuries used?:Yes.
CP Earned:14

Opposition: Alpha Legion chaos space marines

Mission: Purge The Alien/ Hammer And Anvil.

Warlord Traits: Labyrinthine cunning for me and princeps of deceit for the Alpha Legion.

Psychic powers: None.

Intro: Oh I'm really going to enjoy doing this one.

Deployment: The Alpha Legion won the roll off and chose to set up first. A unit of chaos marines with a plasma gun and lascannon set up on the left side of a disused imperial base and another squad with a plasma gun and missile launcher deployed alongside them to their right. In a large bunker to their right was a large squad of possessed and behind the structure was a bunch of chosen with special weapons in a rhino and one geared out for close combat also in transport.

Behind the base, and facing sideways was 1 rhino containing a squad of chaos marines with cc weapons. A squad of raptors joined by a geared out chaos lord were deepstiking in, as was a 3 strong hellbrute mayhem formation.

To counter this, I deployed a unit of incubi with Lady Galianth in a raider behind a ruined vapor still in my far right hand corner and in front of them was a large unit of hellions. To the right of the hellions, hugging the side of the board were 2 raiders filled with wyches. Three venoms deployed in a straight line in front of the raiders, the front one being empty, second with warriors and the last one transporting trueborn. Far in front of the vapor still and partially obscured by some storage crates was a squad of 3 talos pain engines. A squad of scourges was deepstriking and some mandrakes chose to outflank. Night fighting turn 1 and I got +1 leadership from combat drugs(I want my free fnp or shred in cc back). I tried to seize but failed even with a reroll.

Alpha Legion turn 1:

Movement: The rhinos transporting the chosen both moved up behind the base where the chaos marine squads deployed and the other rhino stayed where it was. The chaos marine squad with the lascannon shifted over further to the left, as the hvy weapon was in the wrong firing arc and the missile launcher unit stayed put. The possessed patrially cleared the bunker and moved in the direction of the Dark Eldar.

Shooting: The missile launcher from the chaos marines fired into the talos for no effect.

My turn 1:

Movement: Hellions passed their pinning check from the chaos warlord trait and move forwards to end up on the left side of a ruin the skimmers were sheltering behind. The talos moved up to get behind the ammo crates, while the venom with the warriors inside moved up behind the talos and the other two, along with the wych raider moved up behind the ruins in front of them. The incubi raider then moved behind the wych raiders.

Shooting: The talos ran forwards an inch and the hellions spread out.

Alpha Legion turn 2:

Movement: Raptors and hellbrutes came in, with the raptors land in front of the base behind a line of bunkers and the hellbrutes teleporting to the left of my army opposite the hellions and talos. Possesed cleared the bunker and moved to get in front of the base while the rhinos all moved to the left of the base. The other chaos marine squads stayed put.

Shooting: The raptors ran up behind the middle bunker in the line and the hellbrutes opened fire with their plasma cannons on the incubi raider and forced it to evade. One hit got through and the raider was shaken. Lascannon from the chaos marine squad force the front wych raider to jinx and I made my cover save. The missile launcher fired at the trueborn venom and I made my cover save as well. Possessed ran up to get up alongside the raptors.

My turn 2:

Movement: The scourges came in right behind the hellbrutes and the mandrakes outflanked right next to the line of rhinos and moved towards the chaos marines. Both wych raiders cleared the ruins and headed up the right flank with the incubi raider going behind them. The talos moved forwards to the right of the storage crates and the venoms all moved up to get into range of the chaos marines on the base. Hellions moved forwards toward the ammo crates.

Shooting: The venoms and talos fired into the chaos marine missile squad and 5 of them went down, but sadly, the missile launcher was still standing. Mandrakes fired at the lascannon unit and dropped 4 Alpha Legionares but not the lascannon or plasma gunner. Both squads passed morale. Both wych raiders went flat out to get further up the table. Scourges shot into the back of the hellbrutes and took off 2 hullpoints from one.

Alpha Legion turn 3:

Movement: The rhinos all moved forwards to get into closer range of the incoming wych transports while the possessed moved up behind the line of metal boxes(ironic considering who has them). Raptors huddle behind the central bunker and more chaos marine moved up to provide meat shields for the hvy weapons. Hellbrutes turned around and the scourges began defecating in their ghostplate.

Shooting: The hellbrutes land a couple of plasma cannon hits on the scourges which leaves nothing but a smoking crater behind for first blood and a unit kill. The lascannon from the chaos marines fires at the trueborn which fails to evade the shot and explodes, killing one but they pass pinning and yield another unit kill. Plasma gun shot from the chosen in a rhino cause the front wych raider to evade but one gets through and takes immobilizes it. The missile launcher fires at the other wych raider but does nothing.

My turn 3:

Movement: The non immobilized wych raider moves forwards toward the rhinos and the ladies get out and move towards the transports while the other wyches have get out of their now useless transport and head towards the rhino containing the special weapon chosen. The talos continued advancing towards the chaos lines with the hellions following close behind them. The incubi raider moved right up in front of the rhino wall with the trueborn following close behind them. Mandrakes changed continued moving towards the base. The venom with warriors inside moved up right next to the incubi raider and the empty one moving to the front of the storage crates.

Shooting: The trueborn begin by firing their blasters at the closest rhino they can see sticking out from behind the bunkers and I cause a pen and it fails it's cover save. I blow it up and kill 3 of the chaos marines inside in the blast for a unit kill, and they pass pinning and morale. The incubi raider and both wych raiders. Shoot at the middle rhino containing the close combat chosen and either fail to hit or do nothing. Wyches from the immobilized raider have the hekatrix throw a haywire grenade at the other chosen's rhino but misses. The venom with warriors inside can see some of the raptors and 2 of them fall. To splinter fire and the empty one fire at the squad with the missile launcher and takes another 2 marines down, including the hvy weapon and leaves just 3 more hiding behind the top floor but they pass morale. The talos fire at the lascannon squad and kill 2 chaos marines themselves but the lascannon still stands and they don't run away either.

Assault: The wyches charge the chosen rhino and the other unit, along with the mandrakes assault both the chaos marines with cc weapon and the possessed. I lose a single wych from overwatch fire from the chaos marines and all the units make it in. Combat has the hekatrix issue a challenge and the chaos marine champion accepts and I get him and another chaos marine. The other wyches finish off the rest of the squad for a unit kill and one possessed goes down to them as well. The mandrakes take down a possessed as well and lose 2 of their number in return. The other unit of wyches took off a single hull point with their plasma grenades and that was it(haywire from the hekatrix missed again).

Alpha Legion turn 4:

Movement: The chaos lord and raptors moved towards the giant mess of a combat to make it even more epic, while the remaining couple marines in the lascannon squad knew their time was up and stepped up for meat shield duty. The remains of the missile launcher squad hid behind the top of the base. The rhino that was being attacked by the wyches moved out of combat but stayed in range of the immobilized raider, while the other one popped smoke and the chosen got out, ready to charge into combat next turn, if it was still going on. The hell brutes turned around and walked towards the trueborn.

Shooting: The plasma guns from the chosen in the rhino fired into the immobilized raider and I made some really incredible rolls and made 2 6+ cover save thx to night shields to avoid getting destroyed(let's hope the luck continues like this). The lascannon from the chaos marines tries to finish it off but only takes off another hull point, leaving it stuck and with 1 left! The hell brutes do a bit better and fire their plasma cannons at the incubi raider and force it to jinx, only one land on target and clips both it and the nearby empty venom twice, while the other shot scatter off wildly and land right on top of the trueborn! The raider makes it's jinx saves but venom does not and it explodes and takes off a hull point from the raider(well that's one way to do it) and the last shot wipes out all the trueborn for 2 unit kills total.

Assault: The chaos lord and raptors charge into the brawl. Combat has the chaos lord issue a challenge and my hekatrix accepts. Both the lord and squad leader fail to harm each other, while the wyches kill one possessed, as do the mandrakes, while the raptors and possessed kill 2 wyches and 3 mandrakes but both units stay in combat.

My turn 4:

Movement: The incubi raider moved forwards and my Archon and incubi get out and move forwards to even things out a bit in combat. The talos move towards the rhino that popped smoke and the hellions also go towards the combat to get a piece of the action. The other wych unit goes after the rhino again and the last venom moves right next to the immobilized raider, with the other transport staying where it was.

Shooting: The wyches take a hull point off the rhino from a thrown haywire grenade and the immobilized raider and venom wipe out a plasma gun and finally get that damned lascannon marine, but the last couple marines left pass morale. the other 2 raiders fire at the other chosen rhino and do nothing.

Assault: The wyches charge into the rhino again and one of the chosen dies from a get's hot roll and the incubi along with the hellions go into the combat with the possessed. Talos charge the other rhino. Combat has the wyches wreck the rhino and the squad inside disembarks into onto the base, while the talos socre several pens but don't explode the transport. Lady Galianth takes out a possessed before the incubi wipe out the rest of the squad for a unit kill and the wyches and some of the hellions bring down a raptor(he rolled really well for his saves) both the lord and hekatrix failed to hurt each other again. Hellions used hit and run to spread out further and gain some distance from the hellbrutes by moving towards my skimmers. Mandrakes couldn't consolidate into combat so turned around to face the chosen.

Alpha Legion turn 5:

Movement: The special weapon chosen shuffle around a bit to stay within range of the skimmers, while the other unit goes after the mandrakes. Hell brutes moved back slightly to get within my deployment zone for line breaker should the game end. The regular chaos marine units continue hiding.

Shooting: The hell brutes shoot at the incubi raider again and it chooses to jinx, but I either make all my saves or they scatter off target. A couple hellions are killed from errant plasma fire. Plasma gun shots from the chosen finish off the wych raider for another unit kill, while the close combat chosen kill a mandrake with a bolt pistol.

Assault: The chosen charge into the mandrakes and lose one to overwatch fire but make it in. Combat has the chosen champion challenge and the nightfiend accepts and get's cut down. The rest of the mandrakes is equally as inept and do no wounds while the chosen paste the rest of the squad for a unit kill. Champion get's hatred as a chaos boon. The main fight between the lord and hekatrix has both of them again fail to hurt each other, while Lady Galianth finishes off the rest of the raptors for a unit kill. Everybody else puts everything they've got into the chaos lord, but he continues being frustrating to kill as he makes all of saves(been doing this for several rounds of combat).

My turn 5:

Movement: The hellions move back towards the combat with the chaos lord and the both remaining raider fly into the chaos marine's bottom left corner. The venom begins moving up behind the base to spot the hiding chaos space marines. The wyches move towards the chosen who wrecked their transport while the talos move to eliminate the other chosen.

Shooting: The venom leaves the lascannon squad with only the champion remaining, while the raiders flat out behind the base.

Assault: The wyches charge the chosen, as the talos do with the other unit and both make it in safely. Combat has the wyches hekatrix challenge the chosen champion who accepts and she fails to do any damage. The rest of her squad kill two marines but the champion kill the hekatrix and turns into a chaos spawn! The fight with the talos, has the monsters wipe out the whole squad before they can attack for a unit kill and they consolidate towards the hell brutes. The fight with the chaos lord has my Archon perform a heroic intervention(despite him having the murder sword) and I finally wound him. The hekatrix deals out another wound and the regular wyches finally get him for both a unit and warlord kill. Incubi consolidate behind the central bunker, and the wyches spread out.

We roll a dice and the game continues.

Alpha Legion turn 6:

Movement: The chaos marines hiding behind the base move down a level to try and get into short range of the skimmers with their guns and the hell brutes back away from the talos.

Shooting: The hell brutes fire plasma cannon blasts into the wyches and kill 4 of them, while the chaos marines try to finish off the incubi raider but fail.

Assault: Neither chosen or wyches do anything to each other.

My turn 6:

Movement: The incubi move towards the last chaos marines in the base, while the raider move towards to the chaos marine's right corner. The talos move towards the other combat with the chosen and the remaining of the wych squad hide behind the central bunker.

Shooting: The venom kills the lone aspiring champion for another unit kill and shots from the warriors inside kills the champion from the other squad, leaving just one marine left standing who still refuses to run away.

Assault: The incubi fail to charge the last chaos marine but the talos make it in. Combat has the wyches and talos finish off the last of the chosen and the wyches spread out, while the talos consolidate towards the hell brutes.

We roll a dice and the game continues.

Alpha Legion turn 7:

Movement: The last chaos marine moves back up to the top level to hide behind the roof and that's it.

Shooting: The hell brutes fire into the now visible incubi and land a direct hit with every single shot. Only an incubi and Lady Galianth are left standing afterwards.

My turn 7:

Movement: The hellions jump up onto the top of the base to get the cowardly chaos marine, while the talos move towards the hell brutes. Nothing else bothers to move.

Shooting: The venom finishes off the chaos marine for a unit kill.

Assault: The talos pull off a long charge and make it into combat with the hell brutes and wreck one and suffer 2 wounds in return.

Not sure if there was any real strategy as this was mainly a test game to see how many of the so called "terrible units" fared, along with me seeing if mandrakes are worth it now. Though it may have taken me a be bit longer to get to his lines, I felt that deploying so far back gave me at least a turn to figure out what I was going to as nothing of his was in range of me so I could pick where I was going to attack. In the end overloading the right flank with everything I had seemed to work out fine in the end, though I did roll fairly well in a couple key phases and at least one of the wych units did account for themselves quite well. Though she didn't do a whole lot, that hekatrix did a fantastic job and was able to hold up a chaos lord for 3 full rounds of combat, which must've been really frustrating to handle. Wyches may still be useable was all I got from that, though I'll need a little bit more testing to see for sure.

For what stood out in the Alpha Legion force, I'd say it was the hell brutes hands down. When they came in right next to me I was being given a choice on whether I diverted a large chunk of my army to get rid of them or just ignore them and try to smash the rest of his army. I choose the latter as I felt they were just a giant unit of distraction carnifexes and many units that may have been needed to support the main advance would have to be diverted for who knows how long. Though I feel I made the right choice I sure did pay for it as they were the primary source of generating kill points and got half of them by themselves. It's a great formation and I can see myself using it for my own chaos army whenever I so choose to field it.

Having that giant melee was really enjoyable and a great way to finish off phase one for me and make sure of my escape. Capturing a high ranking Alpha legion commander was just the icing on the cake and perhaps something else good may come of this. You failed to stop me Betarion, and now we'll get to see what information I can "extract" from your subordinate. Rest assured, as conditioned or mind wiped as you may make him to not divulge anything, I'm good at what I do, some would say very.

Final score: 13 for me( 3 chaos marine squads, 3 transports, 2 chosen squads, raptors, possessed, chaos lord, slay the warlord and line breaker) to 8 for the Alpha Legion( 2 venoms, 1 raider, trueborn, scourges, mandrakes, first blood and line breaker).

Aftermath:

End.

Pictures.

The trap is set.

Someone's taking hellions, what the heck is going on?

Deployment.

I think poop just hit the air circulation unit.

One way or another, something is about to happen.

Correction, NOW poop has hit the air circulation unit!

Close combat is dead my arse, but my opposition soon will be.

Looks like all your friends just left and now you're all alone. Don't worry, we'll keep you company.
Last edited by Hedonismbot on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Arkrove
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Arkrove » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:08 am

Commander Name: Ahotep
Faction: Thousand Sons
Subfaction: Prodigal Sons, Corvidae Cult, 6th Fellowship
Alliance: Coaltion of Armies Against the Imperium (CAAI)
Planet Targeted: 612
Game Size Played: 2000 pts
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?: Yes they did, plenty of sorcerers and rubric marines were used.
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: yes, no effect
Were character injuries used?: yes, no wounds taken
Did you try the Strategic Missions Packet? If so which mission?: no
Result: Win
CP Earned: 16 CP

ARMY LIST

HQ
Ahriman (Warlord) - 230pts
Psychic powers: Tzeentch's Firestorm, Doombolt, Invisibility, Infernal Gaze, Dark Flame

Sorcerer (Ahotep) - 155pts
w/+2 ML, votlw, MoT, Sigil of Corruption
Psychic powers: Tzeentch's Firestorm, Doombolt, Life Leech, Endurance

Daemon Prince (Xahor) - 340pts
w/+3 ML, Wings, Power Armour, MoT, Black Mace
Psychic powers: Tzeentch's Firestorm, Breath of Chaos, Iron Arm, Warp Speed

TROOPS
Chaos Space Marines - 175pts
w/+5 CSM, Plasma gun, x10 votlw

Cultists - 90pts
w/+10 cultists

Cultists - 90pts
w/+10 cultists

Thousand Sons - 242pts
w/+4 thousand sons
N.B. Thousand Sons are troops due to Ahriman's ability

Thousand Sons - 242pts
w/+4 thousand sons
N.B. Thousand Sons are troops due to Ahriman's ability

HEAVY SUPPORT
Forgefiend - 200pts
w/Ectoplasma cannons

Obliterator - 243pts
w/+2 Obliterators, x3 MoT, x3 votlw

Total - 1,997pts

OPPONENT ARMY LIST
SPACE MARINES - (IMPERIAL FISTS)

HQ
Captain Lysander (Warlord)- 230pts
Pedro Kanto - 185pts

ELITES
Sternguard Veteran Squad - 265pts
w/+5 veterans, rhino

w/+5 veterans, rhino

w/+5 veterans, rhino

Terminator Assult Squad - 450pts
w/+5 Terminators, x10 thunder hammer and storm shield

Venerable Dreadnought - 150pts
w/twin liked lascannon

Centurion Devastator Squad - 190pts

Total - 2,000pts
Last edited by Arkrove on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."

"If the path to salvation leads through the halls of purgatory, then so be it."