Lewis's Hierophant.

Post your submissions for the Science Fiction Monsters category here.
Lewis.
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Lewis's Hierophant.

Post by Lewis. » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:07 am

I’m at the end of finishing off my Tyranid army, and what Tyranid force would be complete without a Hierophant... so here he is 8)

I joined these forums not to long ago to ask for advice on making a base for this beastie, to which I received a lot of helpfully replies (Thanks! – you know who you were) the base is still a work in progress though, so I’ll enter the Hierophant without his base.

Like my other Tyranids, I try to only use a few colors and then with dry-brushing and adding lighting\shading work, pick out the models details, and this was the goal again here.

Here is a better front view. I’m by no means the best with a camera so I hope this is clear enough to show what I want it to. In this view, you should be able to see the shading work on his front legs and the gun arms. He also has some nice ‘shining gold’ eyes, or should I say "evil" instead of nice :twisted:

________

This next one is a side view, where you should be able to see more of the shading work. You can also notice the green (poison) side tongues.

________

Here is a view from the rear underside of the model. There are a lot of flesh details on the Hierophant that interlock and attach all the rib sections and carapace parts. In this picture you should be able to see this, if you look down his underside you will notice every single rib has the flesh running under them. Also on the top, you will see the same flesh work is kind of webbed, supporting the carapace sections.

If you look to his tail, you can see a small section of spikes that break out half way along, again supported by the flesh.

In the middle of the underside, there are some poison tubes that disappear into his ribcage, surrounded by the webbed flesh. This goes back up to his mouth and those nasty side tongues.

________

The Hierophant was a huge amount of fun to assemble and paint, but a lot of work! I hope you enjoy these pictures of him, and fingers crossed, I hope he brings me some luck in this contest :wink:

Good luck everyone with the contest, I hope you have as mush fun entering your mini’s as I have had with entering this :D

ravingmad8
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Lewis's Hierophant.

Post by ravingmad8 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:31 am

Very Nice. I especially like the red trim around the armor plates, really makes it pop. Every time I see a hierophant I always think of that creature the clown turns into from the Spawn movie, must be something with the head and the tongue. Again excellent work.

muramasima
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by muramasima » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:21 am

Nice
Scout Bikers, arch enemy of Ben's tau!

Ultramarines: 1300 points

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:16 am

Me wants!:O

Me needs moneys
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Lewis.
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Lewis. » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:29 am

Not seen that film in a long time, ravingmad8, but I know what you mean :lol:

DigitalNinja

Post by DigitalNinja » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Amazing piece of work. Just the shear size of the model is amazing.
I want there to be images allowed in Siggys!

lotrmaster6

Post by lotrmaster6 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:31 pm

That's a truly massive character, since it would not be fair to call this a mini 8).
Though it's massive, you did a very good job on it.
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

Lewis.
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Lewis. » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:46 pm

lotrmaster6 wrote:That's a truly massive character, since it would not be fair to call this a mini 8).
Though it's massive, you did a very good job on it.

I think he has been snacking on to many Space Marines, and it’s made him a little on the ‘oversized-mini’ scale. Give him time to let the food\SM’s go down, and then he should be back to regular mini status...for how long though I don't know :P

lotrmaster6

Post by lotrmaster6 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:23 am

It has to starve before it starts to shrink I think 8)
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

DeathOnToast5
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by DeathOnToast5 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:59 am

its huge
"My blade shall not lie, lest they enemy be slain"

Space Marine Captain Yriel Blake of the Grey Blades.

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:27 am

DeathOnToast5 wrote:its huge
No sh*t sherlock! :lol: :roll: :P
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

worldmuncher
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by worldmuncher » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:13 pm

the color scheme on your models is amazing, i looked at it when i was doing my drybrushing, i didnt know if i shldve done the whole carapace or just the edges of it :?:
nids-wip
lizmen-wip