TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by TheHoundmaster » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Oi! Dis iz why I loves dem Orks! Dey is roight speedy ta paint!

The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:03 am

I like it, though I try to go for more of an organic tone in mine. I like having the Nob be a shade or two darker as well. I love painting Orks!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

TheHoundmaster
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:38 pm

So I recently heard through the rumor mill that Armies on Parade would be kicking off in August with Games Day to be moved into the fall. This got me thinking about my armies, boxed and forsaken though they are. I'm curious as to yall's thoughts. Would you rather see an Aztec/Lizardmen temple with my Empire army or a gothic temple battleground with my Dark Angels?

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:55 pm

Lizards, lizards, lizards!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:28 am

I say DA ;)

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:51 pm

I say; screw you Dez, LIZARDS!!! :D :P
Curahee!

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:29 pm

Leapin' Lizards, buncha Orphan Annie fans in here....watchin' too much Godzilla...

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:37 pm

Both are beautiful... but I'm going with your Empire army because one, you don't see nearly enough Fantasy out there as far as I am concerned and two, its a very original army idea, sure to turn heads, but it comes down to which you are more motivated to do.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Vault

Post by Vault » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:54 pm

I know I'm just some random but... if the rest of your Empire army is themed like that Knight riding a Cold One and carrying a Lizardman's shield... yeah people need to see that.
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:30 pm

I think that I'm equally motivated to do either. The Dark Angels would mean less work, but most of them are already painted. The Lizards are super super cool to build and paint. So, here is the plan:

Dark Angels: A ruined gothic temple. You've seen the bases I use. I was planning on actually aligning them to form a base for the temple. After that I would be dirtying it up with busted arches, casualties, etc.

Lizardmen: I'm a little stuck here. I had given thought to building a lizardmen aztec temple with the conquering Empire fores parading past with the Empire banner waves at the top. The other idea was to simply show them trudging through the jungle in a marching column. I would also like to put some hidden lizards around the undergrowth.

So, that is what I've been turning over in the brain.

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:21 pm

So I built a little step pyramid. I'll try and get some pics up soon.

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:18 pm

So, how long can one person take to paint up one Ork Shoota Boy? Because I've got to be getting near a record...

The biggest problem is my current living/job situation. I can't really get all my supplies/models/tools/etc out of storage and set up as I may be moving to the DFW area in a week or so. Luckily that move would mean a new job and a nice fat paycheck (for models of course). Oh and it takes AGES to upload pics on my in-laws internet.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Good luck on the move.

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Thanks Nappen! And here is my first completed model in months!

I should do this more often...So, what do y'all think?

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:49 am

looks good...and since it is orks, only 432 more to go ;)