7th Edition, what are you gonna do poll...

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...

What are you gonna do?

Poll ended at Sat May 24, 2014 7:06 am

Pre-Order 7th Edition Rulebook, innovator
39%
Stick with the current rulebook, wait and see on the new rules, early adopter
44%
Stick with a previous edition and ignore 7th for as long as I can
4%
Ignore 7th edition completely
1%
Leave 40k completely
4%
Other specify below
7%

Total votes: 70

Donteatrawhagis
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

7th Edition, what are you gonna do poll...

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Tue May 06, 2014 7:06 am

Please answer honestly. The poll will run till just before May 24th.
Writer/Programmer

Taow
Silver Vault Member

Re: 7th Edition, what are you gonna do poll...

Post by Taow » Tue May 06, 2014 8:02 am

Going to SEE the new rules before making decisions. Try before you buy, but try right away.

BunkhouseBuster

Post by BunkhouseBuster » Tue May 06, 2014 8:39 am

I am interested to see what the new book will bring to the game. My problems with the game come not from the rules, but from the players who feel it necessary to win so hard at a game as to be a detriment to other's enjoyment. It is one thing to face of against an army that has a Riptide in it, it's another to face of against 3 or more.

I have really enjoyed 6th edition, though I started in 5th and wish that some parts weren't changed the way they were, or that some things would have been implemented sooner. I think Allies are a neat way to expand on a collection, play more fluffy, and gives you a clear way on how to make a more-than-twp-player game work. Flyers are an interesting mechanic that adds some interesting dynamics to list building and deployment. Really, the only 6th edition rule that I dislike is Challenges, as I don't see the mechanic working all that well in 40K like it does in Fantasy. Let's change it up a bit, okay?

I will definitely be getting the new book, because I have put a lot of effort and time into my armies, and I enjoy moving little figures around on a board and rolling dice to represent their actions. I will not be downloading it off the Internet, because I will help support my FLGS. I am hoping for the best, but I am realistic about what this new rules set can bring.
My Wargaming Collections
Space Wolves and Space Marines
Lizardmen
Astra Militarum
Khador

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue May 06, 2014 8:39 am

I expect my actions to be largely determined by my gaming group, but I expect them to adopt 7th pretty soon(within the next 2-3 months or so).
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

OrkyChaos
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by OrkyChaos » Tue May 06, 2014 8:52 am

I'm going to base my decision off of the white dwarf previews and reading through the store copy at my local GW. If it is actually a new edition, not simply 6th with super heavies in the core rules, then I'll buy it.

Catatonic
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Catatonic » Tue May 06, 2014 10:59 am

I don't have the Stronghold Assault or the Escalation books. If the rumors are true, that they will be integrated into the new rule book, I see an advantage in picking up 7th. However, how soon I do will be determined by the price. If its US$120+ ish, it might be a while before it gets added to my shelf. Less than that and I'll pre-order.

I'm concerned by the speed of this release compared to the 5-6th transition-that coming out with new editions so rapidly may become habit for GW. I don't want to learn updated mechanics, memorize new rules and buy a new core rulebooks every 2 years. I don't play often enough to make that worth my time, money and effort.

TheAurgelmir
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by TheAurgelmir » Tue May 06, 2014 11:15 am

Never understood staying behind in the past.

6th is a decent edition, but I am always up for new rules :D

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue May 06, 2014 1:16 pm

I had my doubts, but I think I'll just pick it up. If it has 2 other books added in plus some cleaned up rules...I'm for it.

That said, I'm not happy I dropped a bunch of money on the Gamers Edition less than 2 years ago. Maybe I thought the pocketbook was just barely cool enough, and kinda has come in handy. I may bite again, as I'm a sucker for LE stuff but very wary as well. If it's useful (Bag, etc) I will consider it. No LE books for me though, heh.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Tue May 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Hedonismbot wrote:Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. Gw will never do anything remotely that nice for it's fan base.
That armored fist bundle was (and still is) pretty nice. At least I thought it was nice.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Tue May 06, 2014 10:58 pm

I'm liking the responses. Feel free to change your vote if more stuff comes to light.
Writer/Programmer

ussasx
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by ussasx » Thu May 08, 2014 9:43 am

I picked up my 6th ed about 6 weeks ago, so quite disappointed that 7th is going to be so soon.

I will be holding out to see what the new "starter set" brings as with DV you get the full rulebook in the little softback version (which i find much better on the tabletop when i have used both), and a bunch of minis (ok not as good as the individual pieces, but might bolster my armies). Just depends what they release.

Im keeping my fingers crossed that rumours of orks being in the new box may indicate the ork codex coming out soon after or around same time as 7th, in which case picking up the starter, with rule book and some orks to bolster my forces will help me justify the spend on the ork codex.

Or something like that :)
Ussasx
Necrons ~ 3000pts 90% painted.
Space Marines ~ 2000pts 100% painted
Tzeentch ~ 1800points - 0% painted
May my Orks and CSM forever rest in pieces.

Taow
Silver Vault Member

Post by Taow » Thu May 08, 2014 11:25 am

If Orks were in the box, I'd agree on expecting a new codex soon. Sadly, I believe more that the box is Eldar / astral mileycyrumGuard.

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Thu May 08, 2014 4:56 pm

I doubt that it won't be Ork and Blood angels. There hasn't been a starter box without Power Armor.
Writer/Programmer