1750 Chantilix Special Operations Division (CSOD)

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: 1750 Chantilix 13th Regiment with Nighthawks

Post by coldsteel » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:39 am

OK, so which is the primary detachment? You only have one AM Troop choice.
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

Captain-Shawn
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Captain-Shawn » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:37 pm

Well the Commisar is better for large Combined Infantry squads as it does give them a significant leadership boost making Orders easier to get through. Priests ironically have the leadership of a Guardsmen. Priests do make them either last forever, or actually hit back pretty hard in CC. However, with the amount of firepower you can put out, no one should reach CC anyway.

I like the double Wyvern is a tad heavy on the Anti-infantry, as everyone else is going to be pasting infantry anyway! I'm feeling either Missile Launchers either in HWTs or Sentinels, or free up some more points for a Leman Russ Exterminator to get some nice versatile firepower that can help bring down tanks and wear down infantry. Also why does the Command squad have a Vox but no one else does? Little useless don't you think? :P
"Why did the Necromancer kill everyone in the tavern? He wanted to raise the bar!"

Captain-Shawn
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Captain-Shawn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:52 am

Indeed, it is quiet the powerful combination!

Terrain heavy is how it should be! But I can see why you'd want Wyverns then, make your enemy fear the sudden and unexpected sound of High Explosive Shells shredding them apart. And hey Firewarriors and the like can still be pinned every now and then! Everyone else pretty much just gets back up immediately anyway though.

If you want to go more Veteran I think you should go with Plasmaguns with them, and then swap the Scion's Plasma guns with Volley Guns. As you would have diminished numbers, the Scions would gain tremendous amounts of firepower to shred almost any infantry type, and you'd still retain that plasma-fire with the Veterans. I personally like this because Scions are expensive already, and the Volley Gun complements their Lasguns giving them the firepower to hit hordes as reliably as they hit elites, while Veterans are significantly cheaper and can even pump out some extra Plasma fire with an extra gun per squad.

Nah yeah you got that right, 4 firing points they're just on the separate sides of the hull. In theory you can shoot out of all of them, but it would require a special line of sight situation.
"Why did the Necromancer kill everyone in the tavern? He wanted to raise the bar!"

Captain-Shawn
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Captain-Shawn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:50 am

I like it! Only 20 men less compared to the platoon variant but packs much higher quality firepower and durability. That Scion Command squad being able to unleash 16 Hot-shots is most pleasing, they're pretty much packing the firepower of a full Scion squad! Not much can stand up to such withering firepower, especially when it pierces nearly every armor type. Other benefit I forgot to mention (though you've probably considered this) is the Veterans with the Plasmas can gain Ignore Cover through the Command Squad where the Scions couldn't gain this bonus (unless the Militarum Tempetus Commander has a similar order). Looks like it'll be fun to play and covers all it's bases.

The Airman
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by The Airman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:41 pm

Honestly, I never liked grenade launchers -- and seeing how sniper rifles are auto wound on 6s and are only two points, that makes them MUCH better. Playtest them and see you you like 'em.

Edit: Also think about bolters on your sergeants.
Clearly Superior.

'Airman, a winner is you. :wink: '-commando_jim
'I <3 you Airman!'-dreadlord
'I <3 you aman!'-Ronin
'I agree with Airman 100%'-Ashran

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: 1750 Chantilix Special Operations Division (CSOD)

Post by Arnathos » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:50 am

I'd consider putting one of the heavy weapon squads into the blob, it should save you some points and give you tons of bodies to keep those autocannons safe. Other than that it looks decent.

Maybe throw in a meltabomb here or there, I like having them as a contingency.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.