What armies will be coming?

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Re: What armies will be coming?

Post by kernbanks » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:45 pm

xtroopers9 wrote:This year I will be bringing xenos.
16000pts pt necrons. Its gonna be great!
That is a lot of AirCron???
~Kernbanks

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Post by xtroopers9 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:55 pm

kernbanks wrote:
xtroopers9 wrote:This year I will be bringing xenos.
16000pts pt necrons. Its gonna be great!
That is a lot of AirCron???
Well I'm planning on having 10 doom/nightscythes by then. Right now I only have 6. I'm Thinking 3 Doom scythes and 7 night scythes. Although a large chunk of those points are just basic warriors.
20k pts of Necrons, fully painted
WE ARE THE NECRONTYR WE CLAIM DOMINION OVER THIS THREAD SURRENDER AND DIE.

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:54 pm

@xtroopers9

You need to figure out a way to keep track of the reanimation protocols... maybe not by points like Matt used to do, but who knows. If all the Cron player did that would be an amazing portion of the BatRep.
~Kernbanks

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Post by xtroopers9 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:59 pm

kernbanks wrote:@xtroopers9

You need to figure out a way to keep track of the reanimation protocols... maybe not by points like Matt used to do, but who knows. If all the Cron player did that would be an amazing portion of the BatRep.
That is a great idea! Do you think it would be better if I kept track of the number of models that came back or the number of points that I regained?
20k pts of Necrons, fully painted
WE ARE THE NECRONTYR WE CLAIM DOMINION OVER THIS THREAD SURRENDER AND DIE.

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:09 pm

@xtroopers9

You and Matt really should discuss... since it is Apoc I don't know if points would really matter as much as number. Number will definitely be easier to count as well (like a track&field lap clicker) where points would require lots of pen and paper on you list and then a calculator. Much harder for the running total... tick marks are an easy running total that the TOs can see and comment on mid video.
~Kernbanks

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:13 am

@ kernbanks Yor words are genius. My one buddy will be bringing Necrons to Apocalypticon and will benefit much :)

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:18 pm

@bigoldfron
I just remember Matt's BEAT MATT BATREPs with the point counters and always enjoyed those... to have them in this would be amazing... and more than likely amazingly HUGE! Or maybe not many high strength, low AP blasts could take out entire squads at once with no reanimation protocols.
~Kernbanks

jj3
Gold Vault Member

Post by jj3 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:03 pm

I have about 9k of Tau to bring, though I could add troops to help out all the railguns and easily get over 10k :)

In addition I'll be bringing my Tau (formerly imperial but they understood the benefits of the greater good) warhounds and reaver, plus something special to hold the table down.

Randolph
Gold Vault Member

Post by Randolph » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:37 am

jj3 wrote:I have about 9k of Tau to bring, though I could add troops to help out all the railguns and easily get over 10k :)

In addition I'll be bringing my Tau (formerly imperial but they understood the benefits of the greater good) warhounds and reaver, plus something special to hold the table down.
Hmmm - I've seen this somewhere before - Could these be the Reaver and Warhounds painted by Blue table painting - backed up by crazy defense batteries and Hammer Heads with massive railguns?

jj3
Gold Vault Member

Post by jj3 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:42 am

Randolph wrote:
jj3 wrote:I have about 9k of Tau to bring, though I could add troops to help out all the railguns and easily get over 10k :)

Hmmm - I've seen this somewhere before - Could these be the Reaver and Warhounds painted by Blue table painting - backed up by crazy defense batteries and Hammer Heads with massive railguns?
Hey, look, it's a thunderhawk flying by! :wink:

Yes Randolph, you will have your first turn template targets back this year!

Randolph
Gold Vault Member

Post by Randolph » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 am

jj3 wrote:Hey, look, it's a thunderhawk flying by! :wink:

Yes Randolph, you will have your first turn template targets back this year!

Welcome back - It is awesome you can make it - I remember how far you have to travel and I give you kudos for making the effort.
15k Crimson Fist Fully Painted
5k Celestial Lions Fully Painted
40k Titan Legion
Krome to the rescue

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Ignite him with a Flamestorm Cannon and he will be warm for the rest of his life

mongo8089
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by mongo8089 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:52 pm

***** tranmission begins*****

threat level vermillion

major zenos incursion, Segmentum Obscurus, Sub Sector Hamiltonius

Segmentum command requires all available aid

***** message ends*****

The Epistolary opened his eyes the lingering effects of the astropathic communication still tingling in his mind.

With the gentle hiss of hydraulics and the swirl of his ancient tabbard he entered the command deck and relayed the information to the assembled Captains, the Inquisitors, the Colonel and the two Chapter masters.

With grim determination and the Master of the Soul Drinkers looked to his brother in arms the Master of the Angels Repentant. A short nod was his reply. The Inquisition and the Heavy Squadron nodded as well.

"Master of the fleet.. make ready all vessels... we go to war at chapter level strength. Signal to our allies and make all speed for the Hamiltonius sub sector"

"Librarian have the astropathic choir send our response: For Dorn, For the Emporer and for Freedom... Soul Drinkers!"

Marines 12,5K
Inquisition 4K
Heavy Support Squadron

jj3
Gold Vault Member

Post by jj3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:00 pm

mongo8089 wrote:***** tranmission begins*****

threat level vermillion

major zenos incursion, Segmentum Obscurus, Sub Sector Hamiltonius

Segmentum command requires all available aid

***** message ends*****

The Epistolary opened his eyes the lingering effects of the astropathic communication still tingling in his mind.

With the gentle hiss of hydraulics and the swirl of his ancient tabbard he entered the command deck and relayed the information to the assembled Captains, the Inquisitors, the Colonel and the two Chapter masters.
***Graviton packet uploaded, origination Stealth team on ***CLASSIFIED***
Shas'o, message decrypted from targets...

Shall we enact the plan?

***Gravition packet received, source ***CLASSIFIED***
Yes, press the button...

The stealth commander knew it was for the greater good, so he pressed the big red button... could he and his team have seen it, the flash was blinding, and eradicated the entire imperial fleet and most of Mars in an instant.

mongo8089
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by mongo8089 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:47 pm

All the more to eradicate these xenos scum. :lol:

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:44 pm

@jj3 Yay!

@ mongo Don't forget us Chaos, we need eradicating too.. if you dare.