easy's #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

easy's #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by easycompany » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 am

Like most, #thedailypaint seemed a bit much especially with the Junior Cert this year (equivalent to British GCSEs) however I was planning on starting one in the summer and then during fourth year but that the format has been changed to #theweeklypaint...
I'm in!!!

I will continue to edit this first post to update my scorecard and goals

2013 Goals!

Goal #1
Finish the year on positive SGUPS (Standard Gaming Unit of Unpainted-Shame) paint all the models I buy

Rate:
28mm/30mm Infantry model=1 SGUPS
40mm Light Warjack/Warbeast and Heavy Infantry=1.5 SGUPS
50mm Heavy Warjack/Warbeast=3 SGUPS

Current SGUPS: -33

Goal #2
Collect, Assemble, Paint and Base 35 points of Khador
Collected: 32/35
Assembled: 21/35
Painted: 0/35
Based: 0/35

Goal #3
Collect, Assemble, Paint and Base 300 points of Ariadna
Collected: 129/300
Assembled: 129/300
Painted: 0/300
Based: 0/300

Goal #4
Collect, Assemble, Paint and Base 1000 points of WYSIWYG Tyranids
Collected: 738/1000
Assembled: 738/1000
Painted: 0/1000
Based: 0/1000

Goal #5
Get all As and Bs in the Junior Cert...
Challenge Accepted! :P
Failed!
3 A's, 5 B's and sadly, 2 C's. Still happy with my results

easycompany's #theweeklypaint Scorecard!

Green: weekly pledge completed!
Orange: weekly pledge failed but a paint brush was lifted
Red: weekly pledge failed! (I need to think of a good forefit for if this happens!)
Blue: Final Date not yet reached

January
Week 3 (14-20): Paint 3 Genestealers
Week 4 (20-26): Paint 2 Genestealers
Week 5 (27-2): Carapace of 2 Genestealers

February
Week 6 (3-9):Basecoat and Drybrush a Hive Guard
Week 7 (10-16): Basecoat and Drybrush a Hive Guard
Week 8 (17-23): Assemble an Ariadna Starter Pack and Prime a Khador Battlegroup
Week 9 (24-2): Basecoat a Devastator

March
Week 10 (3-9): Catch up on failed pledges. Finish Assembling Ariadna Starter Pack and Basecoating a Khador Devestator Heavy Warjack
Week 11 (10-16):Catch up on failed pledges. Finish Assembling Ariadna Starter Pack and Basecoating a Khador Devestator Heavy Warjack. Second Attempt
Week 12 (17-23): Basecoat the red on a Khador Juggernaut Heavy Warjack and touch up the basecoat on a Khador Destroyer Heavy Warjack
Week 13 (24-30): Basecoat the red on a Khador Juggernaut Heavy Warjack and touch up the basecoat on a Khador Destroyer Heavy Warjack
Week 14 (31-6):

Yeah........ I kinda gave up on painting for a while, but I'm back! Waaay too lazy to edit this scorecard though so I'll just leave it as it is
Last edited by easycompany on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Curahee!

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: easy's #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by easycompany » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Just a quick update. Yes I got the 3 Genes painted up. I'll have pics up tomorrow flickr is being slow :/ Also I added another pledge, get my Tyranids finished!
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:27 am

I'm looking forward to seeing your work, easy!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 am

Cheers Dez! Got me my first follower! I'm gonna try and keep short posts like last nights to a minimum. I was just back from Les Miserables (it was brilliant) and just wanted to post quickly that I had indeed finished my pledge.
Piccy Time!!

002 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

001 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

003 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Sorry for poor quality, I'll upload better ones when the unit is complete.

Genes lookin' all menacing with flash on!

006 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Sadly, I don't have a dog :( ... or cat... or any pets at the moment so here's a picture of a picture (Picception) of my old guinea pig :)

004 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

I also added a new goal, to finish my 750 point Tyranid army as WYSIWYG. I only need to buy a Tervigon but I also need a couple more gants and a 6th ed rulebook to actually play :/ The limited gaming time I have is gonna be spent on Warmachine and Infinity.

So this is what I'm working on at the moment
010 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

I added more to the scorecard (it's only 'final date not reached' but whatever) and I slightly changed the Weekly system. My 'Week' now ends on a Saturday in line with the MWG Weekly Painting Pledge so I can get some ribbons too 8)

This week’s pledge is to paint another 2 Genestealers. I know, I know not much but school, study and this so-called 'real-world' has to come first :(

008 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
Curahee!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:06 pm

The Genestealers are looking good, it will be nice to see some basing done on them. I know it's tough when you have tons of bugs to paint, but you could really bring them to the next level by:

-Aforementioned basing
-Putting a highlight of your basecolor over the wash. You may even get away with a quick drybrush, if you're careful
-Color the eyes. I think green would go really nice. I love the new Moot Green, I've been using it on my Death Guard.

Quick, frequent updates will drive up the interest I think. I say go for it!

By the by, my family is from Ireland. My father was born in Belmullet, Co. Mayo. He goes back every year or so, I'm going to be heavily hinting that we should do a Father-Son trip ;)

The way you've set up your work week is a good idea, double motivation!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Stuff is looking awesome, easy!.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Don't worry Dez, I will base and paint the eyes, teeth and tongues on my bugs when I get the appropiate paints. I might try a Bleached Bone Drybrush at some stage. It's a good 3 hour drive (it's a lot easier to drive from coast to coast in Ireland than America :lol:) from Mayo to Dublin the capital and where wargaming has the largest following. But you should definately come and drop me a line if you do. There's a big tourist event on this year in Ireland called 'The Gathering' to advertise tourism in Ireland. Oh and thanks Soria :) I wanna see more Warmahordes! :twisted: Drybrushed the carapace on my genes yesterday but I don't know if I'll be able to wash them cause I'm almost all out of paint :cry:
Curahee!

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Sounds good, I know I haven't bought many of the new paints. Tough to make the reinvestment.

I remember driving in Ireland very well, it's much different than the States. The side streets here are bigger than the main roads, at least driving from Shannon to Mayo. I was driving through one village (I forget the name) where I was forced to sideswipe parked cars (taking off mirrors as I did) to aboid a truck. Then there are the one car bridges and narrow, winding hill roads...it was an adventure. Oh my, I just remembered getting a flat and how I was wondering how hard I was going to get hit by speeding cars...

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:36 pm

Yep that's Ireland for ya! Dublin's a little better... except for the parked cars
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:10 pm

After the sudden realization that the December/January Painting Deathmatch ends tomorrow and determined not to take a red flag, I'm here frantically painting my Space Marine while watching Community and browsing You Tube and these forums :) I'll be online so feel free to post here or PM me to have some banter :lol:
Curahee!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Stuff is looking good, and your deathmatch is looking like a tough one.

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:06 pm

25 hours to highlight my Captain?? Shouldn't be too hard. If you mean actually winning it, I've no chance not against Ocean, Crescent and all the others. I'm in it for the experience, criticism and a shiny new ribbon :)
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Just finished this weeks pledge!
001 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
005 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Sorry for poor quality pics, was too lazy to put in the effort :P
This week I'm gonna paint the last two genes. I will most likely have to leave the wash because it won't last for another two models
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Well I didn't get pictures in time to enter the Painting Deathmatch so it's a red flag for me :cry: I had family over, was cramming for tests and was feeling pretty sick on Sunday so by the time I got them up on Monday, it was too late. Anyway here are some pics of him and while I had the lightbox out I decided to take some of my Genestealers.
005 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
006 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
007 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
008 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Not great but it was just really a test model. It was my first go, since I started painting again, at painting faces and my first time ever painting eyes. I'm also just beginning to highlight models and this was mainly a test for a colour scheme I've been playing around with. Also the flamer is HORRIBLE!! Just wanted to get all that off my chest and get some pics up. Please post comments and criticism!. Also ignore the Chaos Space Marine on the base. I started him but then I was running low on time so didn't do much with it. Reason I used flash was so you can actually see some of the highlights on the armour.

And the Genestealers:
015 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
016 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
017 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Please keep posting cause that's what keeps me going on this!!
Cheers guys (and gals),
easy
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Time for another last minute paintathon to get my pledge done. If anyone's online PM me or just post here :D
Curahee!