Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:37 pm Posts: 7256 Location: Thorndike, MA (USA)
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. - Sun Tzu, the Art of War
THEME: Bait your enemy by antagonizing them!
My choice of theme for the March mini of the month is all about baiting or antagonizing your enemy. The goal is to create a mini that could be seen to antagonize another army, drawing their attention and murderous scorn like a lightning rod!
Some Basic Ideas:
- I use a variety of Imperial Guard bits in my Tyranid army, they’re being trampled, torn apart, or having their position over-run on some of my Tyranid bases. - Could be a captured battle standard or trophies taken from a hated adversary. - One mini crushing another in a suitably humiliating manner. - Anything that’s sure to stand out on the field and attract the attention of your foe.
1) Your entry must be game-legal for play / inclusion in your army. It could be a vehicle, large monster, infantry block etc. but it needs to be based or built so as to be a game-legal piece for whichever system you choose.
2) Must be converted. Some minis already come with trophies and things, but this is the mini of the month! We need to go beyond such subtleties…
3) Must be based if applicable. (If it needs a base to be game legal, then you’ll need to finish that base.)
4) It might be advantageous to include elements of another army in the miniature, but this is not a requirement.
5) You must include at least one WIP and one completion photo. This could be as simple as an unpainted and painted set or as many pics of progress as you wish. Everyone will post their progress here as opposed to an individual thread.
If you add pics or information, post it as a new post, DO NOT edit threads as it is harder for us to go back through old posts! But we have to be able to see the unpainted version as to be able to judge conversion work.
I believe for this month’s MoTM I’m running the show as far as the theme goes (With Greywolf’s, Woulfgar’s, and Stephen's assistance) So post any questions you have on the rules or theme to the questions thread or PM Kymmerus. Greywolf, Woulfgar, and Stephen will also answer questions that are MoTM related and on the theme where they can.
I’m looking forward to entries that will precipitate many a grudge match! Sincerely, Kymmerus