It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:47 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Okay guys, it's time to wrap this up for the month of FEB. I am inlcuding a poll as the judges would like to see what the forum's opinion is even though we will be making the final call. Once a winner is anounced, that person has until tomorrow evening to pm me the details of their MoTM criteria for March. If not, then the judges will pick the next winner as well. So without further ado, here is this month's entrants. There are too many entrants to post a poll, so feel free to vote and comment in this thread by posting. :twisted:

Lordofsteel:

Necron-dude:

Norsehawk:

NIKOLAS3220:

Kymmerus:

Apa1994:

Joe:

zircher:

capn smei:

MiniWarGamer Mike:

DrBored:

TemplarOfSteel:

him2261:

Irish-biomorph:

Marsdreamer:

CMcF:
Image :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:53 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
I am a little dissapointed that some of these didn't get painted because they would have looked really nice. Oh well, hopefully we will have some more awesome model's next month.

As for the finished model's I have to vote on these ones:

First: CMcF - It's just an epic mini. I love the grey tones in it and the autumn colours just set it off. Great Job!

Second: Kymmerus - Awesome colours, I really don't know what else to say.

Third: Miniwargamer Mike - Your portal is just so much more convincing than mine... and I tried to take my inspiration from yours ;) great job.

This was a blast, and I can't wait to hear what March's theme is.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:31 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Thanks Joe I appretiate the kind words. I am pleased with how it turned out, The leaves on the vine thing were my first attempt at three layer highlighting and it didn't look as bad as I thought it would. I have alot of pics so maybe I'll post a tutorial. As far as my choices, first off they are all great because overall we have all enriched our games by adding some very cool terrain. So thanks to the Mods, MWG, and Greywolf( I know he's a mod as well but he seems like the spokeswolf) :twisted: for helping to motivate us.

Winner: Kymerrus, Some of the best shading and blending I've seen. I thought I had a pretty good shot until he posted his model.

Best concept: Templers, GrotBomb

I thought your lightning was well painted Joe. I might try modeling the GS on the oval next time instead of sinking it and maybe keep it pretty thin, No! no, wait cut the platicard into the shape of the electricity and glue your modded mini to that. That way it should look like the bolts are coming out of thin air.

I'd like to see the chaos spire painted. I like the action archers, they were very well based. Great conversion Mike but I have to penalize you for the unpainted base. :wink: I would really like to say something about everyones model because they are all great, but I've typed enough and no one wants to hear me go on and on. Great job everyone can't wait till next month!
CMcF

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:39 pm 

I am voting for Kymmerus:

Ultramarines: 1300 points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:00 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I'd have to go with CMcF and Kymmerus tied for first... frankly, I love both pieces, and simply can't choose one other the other.

The Grot Bomb is definitely the funniest one out of the bunch, and deserves a runner-up spot in my book for that.

I think both Joe and I could have pulled off better portals in reality :)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:16 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I could live with that for sure! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:47 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
MiniWarGamer Mike gets my vote

Mainly because its original, home made, and just kinda awesome in all respects.
Its neatly painted, well sculpted, and original. Nice work man.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:51 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Kymmerus gets my vote i just cant get over the colour makes me want to hijack my brothers nid army. anywho im off to have nightmares because of the rippers :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:54 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Solid_Smurf wrote:
MiniWarGamer Mike gets my vote

Mainly because its original, home made, and just kinda awesome in all respects.
Its neatly painted, well sculpted, and original. Nice work man.

Thanks :D Honestly, I thought I kind of cheesed on the paint job, but the photo does it justice :)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:33 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
This is a tough call...

I like the simplicity and originality of Mike's and Joe's portal entries. The subtle difference between the two is interesting.. The Necron wave / ripple portal and the eldar lightning. They're the same with a portal, but the difference gives a sense of each race even without the minis there.

CMcF's entry stands out to me as well... great use of whats on hand, and taking it in a different direction. Execution is top notch.

I Also like Him2261's fuel depot entry. Nice sense of urgency to it. Getting the fuel for other efforts on the battlefield. That just works and looks good doing it.

Overall I'd go with CMcF's entry based upon it being a solid, obvious, objective marker. That factor coupled with its great presentation and details sets it apart in my eyes.

Looking at my own entry, if I had the chance / time / thought when I was doing it I would have included fragments of a detonated spore mine (what just pulped that guardsman off base and provided the stimulus for the rippers and the other mine to come over and start the nom nom nom)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:15 am 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I'll still paint mine one of these days, when life calms down. Then it'll totally upstage everyone and people will be all like 'Man, that guy could have won, only he was a lazy butt!' and I would be like 'Yeah...'

Ah... I vote for Kymmerus as 1st place, and 2nd goes to CMcF

those guys definitely have quite awesome objective markers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:49 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Marsdreamer I have to say, realy cool looking thing! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:21 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #3Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5Group Build Badge #6Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I vote MiniWargamer Mike. I like the use of green stuff.

IG/AM- 10000+
Nids- 2500
Eldar- 1850
Khador- 20
Circle of Orboros- 20

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:16 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Location: Top Secret Hidden Lair of the Gamefather aka Kyle (Niagara Area,Ontario)
MiniWarGamer Mike wrote:
I'd have to go with CMcF and Kymmerus tied for first... frankly, I love both pieces, and simply can't choose one other the other.

The Grot Bomb is definitely the funniest one out of the bunch, and deserves a runner-up spot in my book for that.

Exactly how I was going to say it, notice how I left out the bit of depreciation toward Joe and Mike. Reason being is that both portal ones were cool, and with almost everything to do with this hobby the next time around will be that much cooler because of what you learned from the first time.

All the entries look good, I hope they will all see use in the future.

Eldar: 5000+
Space Marines: 1500+
Dwarves: 2500+
Empire: 500+

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:29 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #7Group Build Badge #8
My vote goes to TemplarOfSteel because it made me laugh. My runner up is zircher because his mini "tells a story".
All entries are really good imho.

My Space Marines WIP

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next