It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: allies
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:59 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
does anyone know how transports and allies work? i doubt it's legal but i love the idea of an assault squad leaping out of vendettas, also what do you think in terms of allies? my first thought was a squad of maxed out GK termies (surprise surprise) but then i thought blood angel assault squads would be awesome, as I've always been tempted to start them (but my brain and wallet seem to disagree), which would be more powerful in close combat? the blood angles do have brothers in arms (i think that's what it's called) so that's +1 to them.

let me know what you think, cheers.

p.s 100th post lol

Post subject: Re: allies
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:30 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I love the new allies rule, it gives you so much more freedom with your army, some cool conversion possibilities, and it could get pretty competitive. There is no rule that says they can't be in the transports, and I don't think there is such a big deal between brothers in arms and allies of convenience, since the only thing you can't do is share IC's and Psychic Powers which is not that big of a deal for me. I would say just pick what makes sense for your army, if you have a lot of shooting, take some assaulty troops, if you have a lot of assault troops, take shooting, and if you're in the middle it doesn't really matter what you pick. Personally I would go with the assault squads, but really GK Terminators would be very good in an Imperial Guard army. I'm thinking of taking some Black Templars with High Marshal Helbrecht, and some sword brethren, to have a little bit more assaulting guys, though I would be more interested in making a fluffy army than a competitive army. Congrats on your 100th post.

"Wandalf, I like you. You can stay" - Iggy

"Hufflepuffs are excellent finders."
SO. MUCH. WIN!!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THAT! XD - Clabbage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:48 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
yeah i agree, at first i was a bit "seriously GW?" but after an hour or so i loved the idea. i'm much for an army that feels fluffy, i don't want anything other than imperium. i like the idea of an army that would fight together in a desperate, hard campaign, rather than a shady one off alliance with necrons or whatever. i want assault units and i would guess assault squads are better at that, also blood angels open up doors (sanguinary priests, death company etc) but if theres someone who can argue for GK i'd love to hear from them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:11 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
At first I was thinking of doing some renegade guard with some chaos Daemons or chaos space marines. On the side of GK I remember that the inquisition usually uses guard regiments usually killing most of the guard off or wiping the memory of officers and such. That is what gives guard their expendable feel, in Platoons so there is such a large number of them. I also remember reading some Gav Thorpe book about Dark Angels using guard expendably to, basically any space marine chapter would fit with guard.

"Wandalf, I like you. You can stay" - Iggy

"Hufflepuffs are excellent finders."
SO. MUCH. WIN!!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THAT! XD - Clabbage