It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:36 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Location: Dining in the void of immaterial with Charlie Chaplin.
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
This is my first list and there are the units i will have. Basically i am not sure what to actually..have as far as upgrades go. These are what i have, you can suggest things i SHOULD get. But i would just like to know, how to organize this into a viable list, and what upgrades i should get.

Bloodthirster
Skulltaker
Flamers X 6
Bloodletters X 10
Horrors X 20
Daemon Prince X 2

so how do i turn this into a list worthy of battle? Don't worry on cost as to how far it goes in points. I would just like it to be over 1400

Chaos Space Marines-500 Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

I have similar models, and if I were you I would break up the horrors into at least groups of 10, but maybe groups of 5 so you can have 4 bolts running around.

Also I find with Flamers groups of 3 works great, and run them as suicide squads, last week end I destroyed 7 terminators with 3 Flamers, just using Breath of Chaos. I give them bolt as well, that way I can take a shot at a vehicle and blow it up if I have the chance.

For the Bloodthirster I give him unholy might, str 8, 9 on the charge is great, cause your insta killing things like Nobz if you don't get the charge, and it makes blowing up LR a lot easier.

I run two Daemon Princes as well but I am not sure what works best with them yet, I tried Khorne and they are great in CC but overall they could be better, I tried Tzeentch with Bolt, Breath of Chaos and Master of Sorcery but I find you don't get to many shots with them because they are a big target. I am thinking about running as nurgle next game, getting toughness 6 will help last a lot longer and you can still get Breath of Chaos and then Nox Touch. I still have not found their full potential yet so someone else can probably weight in better then I can with them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:46 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Shooty princes are pretty good, but make sure you take Daemonic Flight on them always (that's just a general rule for Daemon Princes).

For a shooty prince, I would take it as follows:

Daemon Prince- 220 pts
    Daemonic Flight, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Daemonic Gaze

Now you have a shooty prince that can chew up MEQ and light to medium vehicle. Remember that monstrous creatures only need to take Master of Sorcery if you want them to be using three powers a turn, since all monstrous creatures gain the universal rule Relentless and Move Through Cover. Everyone seems to forget that.

For the Bloodthirster, I'd take it with Unholy Might and Blessing of the Blood God. 2+ saves against anything Grey Knight or psychic powers is always great, and its only five points. Unholy Might is to deal with those multiple wound models with 4 toughness that keep running around these days. Nothing sucks more than to be chewed up by Nob Bikers because they got the charge on you.

Always, ALWAYS take your Flamers in groups of three. Any upgrades are wasted here, since they probably won't live through your opponent's turn.

As for your troops, I don't really have any opinion other than Bolt of Change in every group of Pink Horrors. I always take my troops in fluffy numbers, since my playgroup isn't all that competitive, and the tournament scene here isn't that cutthroat.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:40 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

get a Fateweaver put a bloodthirster bloodcrushers en daeminprinces with him to make a deathball and some troups as destraction and you will destroy!!!