Whelp...time to shed

From May 24th to August 24th, Matthew, Dave, and Mike are going to lose 30 pounds each. Join in on the "fun" here and get healthy!
sonofkitrinos
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Whelp...time to shed

Post by sonofkitrinos » Thu May 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Well...I think it's time to trim a little bit of the excess weight I have floating/hanging off of my frame. Two weddings to attend in the coming months (thankfully the first is not untill October) so this will be a great way to fit into those nice swanky pants I have my eye on.

First weigh in; see upcoming YouTube video (place holder until it is live).

How will I achieve my target weight?
-well, when you live not but 10 minute walk from the Niagara Parkway, 15 from the Dufferin Islands, and heck, even a 20 minute drive from the Queenston Heights memorial park...I have a nice selection of paths to traverse, and it happens my son enjoys walks as well. Double score!

-simple work outs at home. Push-ups, sit-ups, etc.

-working out with the brother in-law. My BiL is a work out machine and knows all the best routines to trim fat, build muscle, and tone. He is also a health nut and will be an awesome source of useful information.

Biggest challenge to over come?

Myself - I am always my own worst enemy when it comes to anything with physical exertion. I am a writer, painter, and hobbyist...all simple, not over the top in straining my body's limits....got to work on that motivation.

The food - this is the biggest challenge I face. I love food. I love experimenting, engorging, just letting my taste buds loose on a beautiful flank of steak....and I happened to marry into a Greek family and everyone knows how amazing Greek food is ; the temptations are many.

The time - being a stay at home dad, the biggest challenge for anything will be trying to work around my wife's schedule and ensuring our son has someone to watch over him. Not to mention the book I am writing is in its final stages, the line up of commissions and personal projects.

And we're off! stay tuned for more!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHghowell?feature=mhee
Commissions : http://www.hghowel8.wix.com/amethysthobbies
Interested in commission work? Fire me a pm!