It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: malifaux painting
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:11 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

A few weeks ago I ordered two crew's from wyrd miniatures, I am working on painting them up and am looking for some C&C.
the first miniature in bounty hunter vik, I did some NMM on it didn't come out how i wanted but it's the second time trying it so I am happy with it.
The next model is Johan form the same crew, I have only done the red on the cloak and need to bring up the blue highlights next still vary much a WIP

Post subject: Re: malifaux painting
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
Nice been thinking about picking up a set, How is the flash and molding on them?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Malifaux is probably one of the harder minis to paint. They aren't like Gdub with the nice clean hard lines. The mold lines and flash aren't bad at all, but the thing that pisses me off about the minis is the engineering. Some of them are easy one piece minis. Others, the engineering is off so there might be a bit of greenstuffing.

As for the painting, I like you Viktoria a lot. The other, I'm not too fond of, but I never liked red being blended into blue. I just picked up a few boxes myself, I'm really looking forward to painting them

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:04 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Flash and molding are not bad, one thing that you may have trouble with is that you need to do some green stuff and pin of few parts, but that does not bug me and I enjoy it so to each his own.

I agree red and blue look odd but I wanted to try it and dulled it down alot to the point where I would like it. I will post some pic's later tomorrow of what I have done on Johan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:15 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Here are the pictures that I said I would post, I redid the part on the pants I added blood because it was to bright and was bugging me.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:25 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

finally done Johan thank god, I really hated painting him. here is a few pics, still need to do the base and a small done for the left eye but I am calling him done for now used all my will power to finish him as much as I did
started work on bishop going for a black leather BDSM look for him (if you don't know what BDSM is don't google it). Sadly the pictures messed up a bit and the kind of gloss shine it has can't be seen :cry:
but here are some pictures of him

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:28 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Here is an update on Bishop, he is about 75 percent done. I am going to try and do a tattoo on his one arm and still need to do some touch ups and paint a few spots. The camera was having a hard time picking up his hair and shoulder pad so I took on picture with no lighting, and it's kind of dark and cloudy were I am so the skin looks darker then it is in the one picture.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:18 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

here is Bishop I am vary happy with how he came out, the nmm came out better on him then it did on the vik and am slowly understanding how it is done. The nmm on bishop is vary hard with the chain that is on his arm because it is raped around his arm which made it a bit confusing :?. Hope you guys like it :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:20 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Quick update on what I have done, not much been a bit lazy. First off I was shaving off some extra green stuff I used on the sword vik and her arm popped off so I when to go pin it again and put to much pressure on her are and it got bent. With this happening I decided to take a saw and clippers to the vik and Privateer Press war caster Sorscha that I had laying around and this is what I have done so far on it. Still needs alot of work.
I have also done a bit on Taelor still lots more to do on her before she is done

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:13 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

have finished Taelor up a few days ago as well as the building the vik, have started painting it here is a few pictures
the vik does have a sword on the end of the staff, it's just really hard to see it since it's white

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:58 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Here is an update, the vik is almost done just need to do a few details. I think she has come out vary good, tho she is vary dark with lots of black. I went with the idea of the dark color scheme since she is supposed to me a never born, and thought that going with a dark scheme would carry this theme.
here is a group shot of the crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Here is one of the death marshals done, well almost. I still need to do his eyes and the sand that is on the base, But I am unsure how to paint the eyes. Do I paint the eyes like they are human or go like a unnatural look with green or red eyes, I like the idea of the red eyes but I don't know how that will come across as they will seem vary dark and hard to tell that they are painted. I also got in some p3 paints today, used them to paint up the model's flames and gun, with the use of the green paint form cryx and the circle of orboros paint sets. Here is the mini