It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: chaos dragon rumour...
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:45 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

hey guys, this is about the chaos dragon rumour. this is what i think it may be if it's a thing.

i think it'd oing to be a dedicated transport strictly for hq's choices or chaos lord.
it's going to be a fast skimmer and opentopped. it's going to have a flamestorm cannon varient in it's mouth and probly have a power of the machine spirits simular. along with 2 twin linked heavy bolters, one each wing, and of course upgrades.

give or take it's going to be simular to the necrons hq transport, but thats what i think it's going to be. i could be wrong.

so...what do you guys think it's going to do? towards any exctent i'm hoping it's going to look cool and hopefully be powerful(like a dragon should be)

nids
9/2/16

chaos
9/0/3

grey knights
5/0/1

tau
0/0/0(waiting for new codex)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:50 pm 
Silver Vault Member

i kinda doubt it

Chaos 7300+
Grey Knights [starting]

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:57 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
From the rumors, it's called a 'Chaos Harbinger' and it's not necessarily a dragon, but people call it that because it has big wings and such. It's supposed to look like flesh and fire covered in plates of armor, and it's supposed to take up a Heavy Support slot.

There was one guy who claimed that it had the following special abilities, though I think it was a hoax...

The Harbinger is supposed to have a breath weapon, a flame template that was poison 4+. It also is supposed to have a strafing attack, doing a certain amount of damage when it flies over something. It's also supposed to be able to be taken by a Chaos Lord as a 'transport'. In shooting, you'd only hit the Harbinger. In melee, you could designate attacks against the Lord. All this should be taken with a huge mountain of salt.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:50 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

DrBored wrote:
From the rumors, it's called a 'Chaos Harbinger' and it's not necessarily a dragon, but people call it that because it has big wings and such. It's supposed to look like flesh and fire covered in plates of armor, and it's supposed to take up a Heavy Support slot.

There was one guy who claimed that it had the following special abilities, though I think it was a hoax...

The Harbinger is supposed to have a breath weapon, a flame template that was poison 4+. It also is supposed to have a strafing attack, doing a certain amount of damage when it flies over something. It's also supposed to be able to be taken by a Chaos Lord as a 'transport'. In shooting, you'd only hit the Harbinger. In melee, you could designate attacks against the Lord. All this should be taken with a huge mountain of salt.

Sounds like he really wants it to be a Fantasy mount. He really, really wants some Fantasy in his 40k.

I think there are some things in Fantasy that would be appropriate in 40k, but taking Dragon mounts for your Chaos Lords and having "breath weapons" is a step too far.

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:43 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Granted I have never even heard a mention of this rumor from the local shop which hosts a monthly game day featuring about twenty or so avid players. However, let's consider what has already been said because I love to play devil's advocate.

Consider the Juggernaut? A Chaos Lord mount available to the Chaos Space Marine legion. A bestial mount I would imagine looks something like a larger Chaos Blood Crusher. So a flying mount, demonic or clockwork is terribly out of the question.

Next, why couldn't it have a breath weapon? But instead of calling it a "breath weapon" it works something like a psychic attack similar to the Wind of Chaos or a liquifier? If there is any truth to the rumor and the beast turns out to be a clockwork-like creature why not something capable of producing a breath weapon template effect?

Causing damage while flying over a unit, well that works something like a Dark Eldar Jet Bike with caltrops and razorwings I think they are called. Effective and not very risky because they are not multiwound models, there is no vehicle damage, and it confers a 3+ cover save but forces you to move I think no less than 30". Seems like a legit possibility to me.

Allow it to be ridden by an HQ, while that fits right into a Juggarnaut setting; however, if it is meant to take up a Heavy Support slot and then be able to transport an HQ? I don't think there are any Heavy Support options for any force that merely act as an HQ transport. Sure the Eldar Falcon or the Land Raider are transport heavy options but not merely for HQs so I doubt this will be in play if the rumors are true.

As for shooting I think it would most likely work as if shooting into artillery or two opponents combat if playing a 3 player game. You'd probably have to roll provided its a mount it might be something like 1 or 2 hit HQ 3-6 hit mount. As for CC I am not sure how mounts works because I don't fight many beast units in regards to being actual mounts. Bone Crushers are an individual model but they don't have a rider profile and a mount profile. So that could be anyone's guess.

Just some thoughts to consider with salt assuming it is a true-ish rumor.

"It saddens me greatly that we must take arms against the peoples of the galaxy. By their deaths, they deny themselves the liberation that is only to be found in total surrender to the Greater Good. " - Aun'va, Master of the Undyng Spirit

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:52 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

i would rather it be more like a monstrous creature then a skimmer. But you could employ something similar to the command barge where the lord can give up wounds to help the creature survive longer.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:00 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

the rumours I have posted explain that this dragon is meant to be a mechanical flying machine. But to be honest , I did not ever expect to find a rumour saying that chaos might get a dragon.

would be funny if abbadon rode it into battle. :)
it should be the same length as a ghost arc

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:36 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

it could always be a demonic version of a storm raven.

if its called a harbinger its bringing something and if its heavy suport it sorta fits *shrugs as 2 pence are inserted*

"That is exactly the sort of foul slur on mighty Haegr's honour I would expect from a jealous toad like you, And one that will be richly rewarded with a beating later"

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:40 am 

Marshal-Gotan wrote:

if its called a harbinger its bringing something and if its heavy suport it sorta fits *shrugs as 2 pence are inserted*

Do not want. I do not want a copy-paste Storm(enter bird name here). They already inserted little Chaos rules for the forgeworld Stormeagle, but I don't want any more than that. I would flip the table of anyone that puts a chaos Storm(enter bird name here) down onto it.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
DrBored wrote:
Marshal-Gotan wrote:

Do not want. I do not want a copy-paste Storm(enter bird name here). They already inserted little Chaos rules for the forgeworld Stormeagle, but I don't want any more than that. I would flip the table of anyone that puts a chaos Storm(enter bird name here) down onto it.

i'd have to agree here...even on the table flipping :P
but yeah i mean having a few of the same vehichles makes sense but come on why can't we have some more unique ones D:?

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:03 pm 

Rhinos, Land Raiders, Vindicators, Predators.. those are all iconic vehicles that Chaos Marines should indeed have. Stormravens and Razorbacks can stick with the loyalists. I want Chaos Machines for the rest! The current codex is already a shameful pile of copy-paste, and it still doesn't hold a candle to the current Space Marine Codex in terms of options and army builds. Last thing I want is for them to try the same failed thing again.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:36 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
DrBored wrote:

I doubt you need to worry. The rumors hint at a brand new kit, with nothing leaked about it resembling anything like a loyalist unit. I would guess it's going to be an original entry.

Edit: But if Chaos did get access to the Stormbird I'd buy one. Maybe two. And you would not flip my table. :wink:

-Primarch Roboute Guilliman

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:34 pm 
Silver Vault Member

i just wish chaos had more stuff...
i desperatly needs an update
i´d probably buy a chaos stormhawk if they implemented one.
also i want 1k sons to be competitive, plus i want dreadnaughts to be better
i want i want i want
moar chaos :? !

Edit: basically csm = sm+ chaotic awesomeness
so why does Predator + chaotic awesomeness not equal csm?

Chaos 7300+
Grey Knights [starting]

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:56 pm 

Ironclad-Warrior wrote:
i just wish chaos had more stuff...
i desperatly needs an update
i´d probably buy a chaos stormhawk if they implemented one.
also i want 1k sons to be competitive, plus i want dreadnaughts to be better
i want i want i want
moar chaos :? !

Edit: basically csm = sm+ chaotic awesomeness
so why does Predator + chaotic awesomeness not equal csm?

Soon brother, soon.

We're all chomping at the bit for more juicy tidbits and for time to fly so we can get our hands on the new Codex. If you have Chaos Models built, then get them painted and ready, even if you can't use them. That'll help the time go by and by the time Chaos does hit, you'll have most of your army painted!

Remember, time slots put Chaos Marines coming out farther down the line, possibly end of summer or all the way into autumn, so it's going to be a while..

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:40 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Zero wrote:
DrBored wrote:

Sounds like he really wants it to be a Fantasy mount. He really, really wants some Fantasy in his 40k.

I think there are some things in Fantasy that would be appropriate in 40k, but taking Dragon mounts for your Chaos Lords and having "breath weapons" is a step too far.

If 40k really does turn into this... ima stop playing. This is the worst thing they could do to 40k. I played fantasy for a few years and I love the feel and playing style of 40k, and if its going to play just like fantasy but just in space, then I might as well just quite and find another game. Selling 300+ painted models of nids will pay for the new game.