It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:35 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Planning on getting some painting done this afternoon, expect some images ^_^

OH! And an update on the camera front...i totally forgot my PS VITA has a camera built in. I assume its of high quality considering the rest of the hardware is top notch. Will try it out ^_^

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:05 am 

It only does 640x480 and likely does not have a macro setting. That is roughly 0.3 MP. I like my 3.0 MP cell phone as it has a good manual White Balance and a good manual Macro. As long as I stay away from the Auto settings I am fine. Of course I have a 12 MP camera and the Macro works pretty good, but it is getting old and the White Balance is not that good and it is heavier and thicker than my cell phone and I rarely have it on me, so the cell phone is taking most of the pictures now. I edit them down to a more usable size later and upload them onto my brother's server.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:07 pm 

Lord Custard of Castle Jive is complete, i think the yellow came out nicely ^_^

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My white and red horses are complete, just need to get around to painting the knights ^_^

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Hes the best knight yet. The yellow is just so custardly. I have to say hes the most heroic one so far and by all the wine in france the horse looks a fearsome beast. I bet that only the brave and noble Lord Custard could have tamed it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:18 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Custardjive wrote:
Hes the best knight yet. The yellow is just so custardly. I have to say hes the most heroic one so far and by all the wine in france the horse looks a fearsome beast. I bet that only the brave and noble Lord Custard could have tamed it.

Yes Lord Custard does look rather brave and noble! Why it is odd that someone should point something like that out so poignantly - wait a second....

Assembled
[||||||||||]
Painted
[||||||||||]
Lizardmen WIP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:22 am 

Custardjive wrote:

I was going to comment with a witty retort...but honestly...i dont know what to say to that XD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:35 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Nope, can't resist....
He tamed it with a candle stick in the dinning room.
Professor Plum is still a suspect :D

Bretonnia 3000+ W-2
Eldar 3500
Star Wars X-Wing W-7
FoW American 101st Paratroopers 2000pts
FoW German Grenadier Kompanie 2000pts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:23 am 

venomedpenguin wrote:
Nope, can't resist....
He tamed it with a candle stick in the dinning room.
Professor Plum is still a suspect :D

Lol, gotta love cluedo ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:36 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

not bad from what i can see pics could be beter to dark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:28 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

The pics are a bit hard to see... but Still what I have seen I like. WAY better than my first attempt at yellow.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:51 pm 

Sorry again for the pic quality, i am working on it, its just getting the money...or asking my GF for one XD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:31 pm 

Changing my list up a bit.

Despite my love of Peg Knights, i feel they cost too much to be viable at this points level. As a result, here is my second list, which i will be using on saturday:

Heroes

Paladin
BSB (+1 combat res)
Warbanner (+1 combat res)
Virtue of...something or other (+1 combat res)
Combat res generating machine of doom. Cant complain with a static res of 8 on the charge...

Paladin
Lance
Shield
Gauntlets of the Duel
Virtue of Courage
Potion of Speed
Standard character hunter. The added initiative should mean he is going first in combat, and if he isnt the enemy is not getting rerolls to hit...unlike me of course with my virtue.

Core

15 Knights of the Realm
Full Command
Banner of Swiftness
Typical awesome sauce. Big unit to break steadfast and break face. They should be pretty untouchable on the charge thanks to static res 8, and due to the increased movement of the banner, i can get into combat faster AND ignore terrain penalties.

40 Men-At-Arms
Full Command
Never underestimate the power of the peasant. Since empire took a points increase, we now have the cheapest halberds in fantasy! WOOO! Said it last imte, they are simply reliable. Reliably high strength, reliably stubborn etc. You need men at arms in any list, or your going to lose.

10 Bowmen

10 Bowmen
Last game they downed chosen, chaos knights and chaos warriors without mercy...luck? totally. But you need to clear the chaff, and these guys fit the bill nicely.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Drop 2 Men-at-Arms and take flaming arrows on the bowmen units. It never hurts to have flaming attacks on archers. Plus you're not going to miss 2 little peasants.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:05 am 

I have managed to get my hands on my girlfriends camera, but by skills with said camera may be lacking, Taking pictures of all my models again, and posting them below once they are uploaded and what not. Fingers crossed, you can see my subpar painting at its finest XD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:24 am 

Whilst i am waiting for my images to upload, thought i would report on my battles from saturday.

GAME ONE

Bretonnia Vs Daemons of Chaos

Standard Pitched Battle scenario, 1000 points

My list:

Heroes

Paladin
BSB (+1 combat res)
Warbanner (+1 combat res)
Virtue of...something or other (+1 combat res)

Paladin
Lance
Shield
Gauntlets of the Duel
Virtue of Courage

Core

15 Knights of the Realm
Full Command
Banner of Swiftness

40 Men-At-Arms
Full Command

10 Bowmen

10 Bowmen

Daemon List:

Heroes

Herald of Khorne

Skull Taker

Core

30 Bloodletters (i think)

2 units of 5 Khorne Hounds

Deployment was my greatest foe, i placed my archers behind a forest, in preparation for moving into it first turn and getting some shots off. My men at arms were somewhat central to take on his block and my knights were WAY to far to the left, to go in for a flank...this was abysmal on my behalf. He stole turn 1, he also vangurded which i completely forgot about, dooming my archer units turn 1. They either could not see the foe, or they could do very little about them.

I moved my men at arms back, not wanting to commit them yet, reformed my archers into ranks to hopefully hold off the hounds and moved my knights into a position where they could support the men at arms. Due to the size of my lance, i could not get out of the way of his hounds, so if they overran too far, i would be in trouble.

His blood letters charged and did HUGE damage to my men at arms, but steadfast 8 reroll was fine, and i managed to pick off a few blood letters thanks to my halberds. Hus hounds did over run, however 1 unit did not charge and was moving in for a flank attack.

My knights, though locked up, maanged to take down his hounds, but were still not able to aid the men at arms...who took yet another beating in combat.

His last hound unit was not quite in position to charge the men at arms, but again, the letters were ripping my peasents apart, although they were holding firm.

Finally, my knights could get into the fray. I had 2 options, charge his hounds, destroy them and reform to face the rear of his blood letters and go in for the kill, or charge the front of the blood letters and try to break them on the charge. Both were risky, but decided to go after the hounds...praying to the lady my men at arms would survive the fight.

My knights ripped apart the knights on the charge and reformed, and my men at arms BARELY managed to hold with steadfast. They needed to last 1 more turn...but they were 1 death away from losing steadfast.

As expected, his blood letters tore apart my men at arms once more, needing double 1's, i failed with a 3!!! and fled. To my disdane, he managed to restrain himself and reform instead of chasing the men at arms (who flee off the board eventually).

My only option is to charge his daemons up front, and despite the charge i compeltely rubber lance it, and do next to no damage and loose a ton of knights. After 4-5 rounds of combat, my knights finally flee and get destroyed by the blood letters.

Victory to the daemons.

Terrible play by me, if i had deployed better, and supported my men at arms properly i think i would have come away with a victory, but as it is, i was defeated at the starting line.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next