Land Speeder-Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer

Let me know what you think

Space Marines: 1000 Points, 95% Painted
Orks: 675 Points, 100% Painted

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:33 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

drop the terminators and land raider. i know it looks tempting but ive been playing a similar list for quite some time and it has its down falls. the land raider usually dies the first to second turn its in play. ive had zoans deep strike behind it and lance its butt off. ive had dark eldar lances shred it to peices in moments. same goes for drop podding melta units or fast attack choices zooming up and popping it out right. there just really isnt enough target saturation in your list considering its all medium range shots. the land speeders are going to be the only thing that will get personal fast but they wont survive long. the landraider is just going to get wrecked or blown up and then youll have 5 termies walking around with vulkan. itll take them 2-3 turns or longer to get to something. this is just me but i would get 3 regular dreadnoughts with multi melta's and heavy flamers. put them in drop pods and cause havoc first turn. 2 will come in turn 1 and it will be glorious. put them after your opponents biggest anti tank threat. twin linked point blank melta shots will do the job. after that they have to deal with armor 12 in close combat or w.e they may have left. ofcourse your land speeders will shoot on up and take out some anti armor units as well. salamanders are too slow not to do an alpha strike move.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:13 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
So where does Mr. He'stan go?

Space Marines: 1000 Points, 95% Painted
Orks: 675 Points, 100% Painted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:25 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Combat squad your tactical marines. Throw 4 normal and a multi meltas in a squad and have them hold up in a building or terrain. If you put them in strategic positions they get some great shots off. The other half has a flamer and combination meltas. Put them in rhinos and run them IP and smoke. After that get out and pick off stragglers from your dreadnoughts and speeders. Hestan can go in on of those units

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:29 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

It is hard to build a nicely balanced list with the assault termies+raider.
It is worth the risk.

In general with 'raider you want those 3 rhinos to provide cover and act as a distraction whilst benefit from the 'raider being a bullet magnet.
I think I would drop a speeder to get some meltaguns in the rhinos as they are more important. Though I think you have points to spare.
You could consider replacing a tactical squad with some sternguard in a rhino, they will be more killy and you do not need another scoring unit.

One other option is to drop a tactical squad then get 2 preds as long range fire power which your list lacks.

You seem to have the right idea if you want gamble that you can get the assault termies across the board.

General advice would be to bring some long range fire power, as meltas and flamers are too short ranged to be fully relied on. Everything else should be Meltas and flamers.
Powerfists for tactical squads are good value as it makes them able to survive better in cc.