Arnathos wrote:I still say a brettonian BSB is not allowed a lance and shield, as per page 67 of the brettonian rulebook, on the right side of the page under ** Army battle standard, third paragraph. He may not be given any additional equipment, except for a warhorse, which must be barded.
I did not know that, thanks for the heads up ^_^
Anyway, this is a quick breakdown of what happened in my 2 games today:
Bretonnia Vs Vampire Counts
- Knights of the Realm smashed into a horde of ghouls with a character killy wight king. Due to terrible luck, i was killing blowed in the challenge, but due to my insane static combat res, and huge losses from the charge, the entire unit crumbled and i overran.
- Men at arms slogged it out with a block of skeletons and reliably won round after round. After being dropped to roughly 50% my knights had gotten into position for a flank charged and destroyed them instantly.
- Pegasus Knights kited his grave guard and crypt horrors all game before finally committing to taking out the horrors. Unable to strike hard enough, i got locked in combat and multi assaulted by zombies. Despite odds, i held in combat for 3 turns. Knight eventually destroyed the horrors.
- Men at arms rear charge his grave guard, but due to fluffing my attacks i totally failed, fled and was destroyed.
Since i lost my peg knights, general and men at arms it was a tie with 600 points (roughly) each. Overall i think i did well for my first game, and my knights were easily men of the match destroying everything they touched. The static combat res (8+) is absolutely insane, and turns a rubber lance charge into an almost sure fire win.
Bretonnia Vs Warriors of Chaos
- My knights of the realm charged his chaos warriors and wiped them out with a flank charge and overun, i went too far and clashed with his chaos Knights. With my flank badly exposed he hits me with a horde of Khorne warriors with 2 hand weapons. Despite the odds, i lost only 2 knights thanks to high armour saves and i killed a fair few knights. Even when flanked, my static res + kills won me the combat by 1, his knights fled but warriors held.
- Men at Arms charge the rear of the now locked up khorne warriors (now without frenzy) and whilst losing a few, i manage to wrack up insane combat res again, and ran them down before double charging his marauders + general taking them out in 1 fell swoop.
- Peasant Archers, over the course of the game shot down FOUR!! Chaos Knights...they were totally pro.
My general thought is...get the charge...they will break. My static res is so high, and since i have a fair few ranks i have a good chance of removing steadfast. This was evident in the warriors match when an impossible situation was won with static res alone.
Loads of fun to play, think i might pick some grail knights up in the future...they look pretty amazing.
HammerOfTheEmperor - Common users must take Azeebo in small doses, lest they get overwhelmed by his awesomeness
DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct
Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you