It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hey guys!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:09 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Thanks for the answer on my previous post! Now my next question is about plainswalkers?

I got a core set 12 booster box and i got jace , now Im not much of a blue player but I figured he was good and i did get a handfull of good blue milling cards so why not!

How exaclty does the plains walker work? Ive never used one before.

Post subject: Re: Hey guys!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:51 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
I think wizards has a good explanation of them on their site. I will try to explain but it is hard over this.

Basically you play them when you would play a sorcery. They come out and act as another player effectively.

Plains walkers have loyalty counters and abilities that use these. Your planeswalker with have an ability that says "+1" or +2 or what ever. these are the amount of loyalty counters they gain for doing this action.

These abilities are used when you would play a sorcery. They can be used the turn the planeswalker comes out as he does not have summoning sickness.

Opponents can attack your planeswalker, with creatures they control or even spells, just as they would attack you. Damage dealt to them will result in a loss of that many loyalty counters. You are allowed to block with creatures as if you were blocking for your self.

If your planeswalker is left at 0 loyalty counters they go to the graveyard. They are also permanent.

Hope that gives you a rough idea anyway.

Work In Progress

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:55 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Awesome thanks man! that actually helped alot! i havent really played since urzas but still collect sometimes , I built a new blue and white deck but been so long since i played and there are alot of new abilities and rules to learn!
Ill post a list of my decks cards soon maybe you can give me some advice with it. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:14 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ok bare with me this is my frist deck in quite some time , and very diffrent from what I usually run but I figured new start so Id try something new!

Only cards I own now are a Booster box of Core 12 and a deck builders tool kit I bought the other day to get started agian.

So out of those cards I threw this together.

Blue:
4 Unsummons
4 mana leaks
1 lord of the Unreal
2 jace's erasure
2 ice cage
2 ponder
2 belltower sphinx
2 phantasmal dragons
4 phantasmal bears
2 negates
2 merfolk mesmerists
2 mind controls
2 divinations
1 jace , memory adept

White:

1 leyline of sanctity
2 life link
2 demystify
2 personal sanctuary
1 grand abolisher

Land :
1 glacial fortress
8 plains
11 Islands

what im going for in this deck is "Nothing happens unless I say its ok" kinda feel Lol. I usually play Black mono or red mono I dont branch into Multi colors to often from when I used to play But thats my first attempt at what I have . I know artifacts and equipment are a bigger deal now then they used to be I did get a few that where neat but not much that would fit in here theme wise. I did get a World slayer and I wanna use it! lol it seems cool! Any advice would help me alot but be gentle lol!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:47 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Blue white is really strong combo for control.

I dont dabble too much into blue cards how ever so i cant give you a heap of advice. Only thing I can offer with much confidence is make sure you can deny them casting straight off the bat.

If for example you played my lich deck, it is built around a 5/5 rush. I get darksteel (god am drawing a blank here) relic I believe out as it is a 0 drop. I then play my dark ritual and pop out my Phylactery Lich.

This is a 5/5 indestructible (until you kill that relic.) turn one. Obviously this is not the strongest starts....(for casual you should take on my graveborn deck, have fun :P ) BUT it gives you an example of what you could be against for casual games.

So you will want to make sure you can either counter a spell first turn. Or at least be able to un-summon or stall straight off the bat.

Also, totally unrelated, use MTGdeckbuilder beta. google it. it is a great site to sign up to for magic. thousands of deck ideas, you can keep track of your collection, build your decks, save them online and even buy from there. It is probablly my favourite magic site to date.

For Iphone or Ipad, if you have them, download MTG Toolbox. It is free, and the best i have found out at the moment (I have spent lots of cash and time trying to find good apps for MTG)

This App is similar to the for mentioned site. Keep track of your card collection, decks (even amount of cards left when your in game), there is a life tracker with many customizable features and even keeps you up to date with events and updates. It is a MUST in my eyes for MTG players that have their phone or Ipad on them constantly.

Work In Progress

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:20 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Another thing about Planeswalkers that I didn't read so I will cover it for you. All Planeswalkers suffer from the Legendary rule. Meaning you can only have 1 of each planeswalker on the table at a time. Now yours is Jace, The memory adept, so here is where it gets a little tricky. Even though yours is the memory adept version you have to go off of the name of the Planeswakler type. An example: Jace, The Mindsculptor, Jace, Memory Adept and Jace Beleran all have different names however they are all Planeswalker Jace. So if your opponent plays a Jace, The Mind Sculptor and then you play your Memory Adept they both go to the graveyard just like if your Memory adept is on the table and 2 turns later Jace Beleran hits the table they both die.

Now you can have multiple planeswalkers on the table like Venser and Jace just never 2 with the same Planeswalker name.