It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:23 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
After a great Deathmatch against Midge last month and a narrow victory, I've now got to take on a new challenger for April. Usually we sort this out in advance, but last month was a bit hectic real-life-wise... so we're going to be a few painting days short.

Who would like to challenge me in the Headline Match this month? I'm open to miniature suggestions, GW or PP miniatures preferred (due to the shorter timeline and their better availability). I also have the following models waiting for paint:

Dark Eldar Succubus
Dark Eldar Sslyth
Trollbloods Gunnbjorn
*lots* of Legion of Everblight
Vanguard Veteran Marine (Mk6 helmet)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:41 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I definitely would, might be a good break because I haven't really been up to painting lately, been a bit discouraged on painting some sanguinary guard,not sure if I'll be up to par, but I might as well test my painting skills. Any chance we could paint something different, imperial guard, possibly Eldar. Thanks.

"Wandalf, I like you. You can stay" - Iggy

"Hufflepuffs are excellent finders."
SO. MUCH. WIN!!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THAT! XD - Clabbage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:03 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
WandalfTheGhite wrote:
I definitely would, might be a good break because I haven't really been up to painting lately, been a bit discouraged on painting some sanguinary guard,not sure if I'll be up to par, but I might as well test my painting skills. Any chance we could paint something different, imperial guard, possibly Eldar. Thanks.

I've got a good number of Eldar models kicking around:
Eldrad
Striking Scorpions
Fire Dragons
Banshees
Dark Reapers
Farseer
Warlocks (I have 8-9 of these, this would be my pick)

I think I have a frame of Warriors as well, but I'd like to save them for a project.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I would be up for the warlocks or , thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:43 am 
The Duckiest!

What model does the comma represent?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 am 

It was Eldrad, but I can't go in this this month, all of my weekends are booked up but one so I don't think I Would paint to my best, sorry but thanks for the offer :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:26 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryWon the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
I've got Gunnbjorn already if you are interested in painting that model with me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:27 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
I can do a sternguard marine against tour vanguard if no one else jumps in on this? Im doing another member of the squad for a deathmatch and the full squad for a heresy competition anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:56 pm 
The Duckiest!

My apologies to WandalfTheGhite, Dez and I ended up arranging a challenge that I couldn't refuse off-thread. Durf, I'd love to go toe-to-toe with you again in the future - if I remember right, aren't you the one who initially dethroned me a year or so ago? ;)

Stevey, we just DM'd back in February... you'll have to wait a bit ;)

Painting Deathmatch Rules wrote:
3 - A headliner may not challenge, or accept a challenge from, the same painter within a 3 month period, unless there are no other challengers. This is to make sure everyone has a chance at the Title.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:44 pm 

That's fine, I don't think I am the Person who dethroned you as i started on the forum 3 weeks ago, but yeah I'd be up for a future competition just need to find some free time to do some painting. Good luck to you and Dez

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 am 

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
No worries. I did say if no one else offers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:27 am 
The Duckiest!

stevey293 wrote:
No worries. I did say if no one else offers.

Two people had already offered ahead of you ;) Still looking forward to a rematch sometime though!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:09 am 

Indeed. You just need to keep your top spot ;p

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:57 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryWon the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
I do own the Blitzer as well. Just puttin' that out there if you and Dez are interested in some 3-way action... (double entendre)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]