It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: new codex qeustion.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:15 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges
I am buying 2 starters personally
.... :mrgreen:

Khani I have to admit, you're awesome -wulfrun

In the grim darkness of the near future there is only.... Khani? -the airman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

It depends on what is in the box that I would consider buying it. Is the rumour still floating around about two unique character models in the starter set? Cypher perhaps?

I don't know what to think of the Raptors rumour, but meh. I want a useful jump infantry option :(

I originally wanted to go Dark Angels but figured the Vanilla codex would be updated more often, keeping the Vanilla Marines playable. So I moved away from them. Yes, yes I know, I play Chaos... but its because they look so damn cool!

I hope Chaos gets released in May. Just in time for my taxes to come back :twisted: I shall pre-order and cry for weeks in pure ectasy of excitement. All Slaaneshy like.

Dese Orkz iz made fer fightin, an dats just wat deyle do
Wun of dese dayz dese Orkz is gunna WAAGH!! all ova you!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:03 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Zeruel13 wrote:
Almost all the more reliable and credible rumour sources are saying Chaos vs Dark Angels. I have little doubt that's what it will end up being. I really hope I'm right two. My two main armies updated in short succession with a cheap starter box to boost each's model count sounds good to me.

Most of those rumors are coming from like 3 guys, one of whom declared he didn't know what he was talking about, and another that has no reliable rumor history and has claimed most of his info is 'developmental'.

Sure it'd be great to get Dark Angels/Chaos Marines in there. You could convert the two armies so easily to make fantastic Word Bearers, or slap on some green stuff and make a Nurgle army across the board, or dive into your bits boxes and have a full Chaos army out of one starter box.

But that's just it. That's what doesn't make sense. GW doesn't want you to have a full 1500 point army out of a 100-150 dollar box. GW doesn't want Chaos vets, who are notorious for conversions and kit-bashing (second only to Ork players), to have a cheap way to buy everything that they need to get their army back up and running. It's not a good business model.

It makes a lot more sense for them to release Dark Angels and Xenos or Chaos and Xenos (DA/Tau, DA/Eldar or Chaos/Eldar, Chaos/Tau). The past three starter boxes have been Space Marines and Xenos (Black Templar vs Dark Eldar for 3rd if I remember right, then Space Marines vs Tyranids and Space Marines vs Orks). This is part in order to diversify, and part in order to have a clear good guy and a clear bad guy. It would be new to have the bad guy be Chaos and the 'good guy' be Eldar, but it also makes sense. Two very popular armies being updated could mean a very, very good year for GW.

Especially if they're worried that 6th edition and hardback codices might not get off the ground.