Infiltrate Question

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
drewman05
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Infiltrate Question

Postby drewman05 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Does the facing of an enemy unit/model factor into line of site when infiltrating a unit of Genestealers?

Example: Infiltrating 12 inches behind a clearly visible unit but has their backs turned to the Genestealers.

Or, would I have to go 18 inches? The model is in plain sight but is not looking in the direction I am infiltrating. Does that count into line of sight?
Armies:
Grey Knights
Tyranids
Ad Mech
Daemons

jmaddux
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Infiltrate Question

Postby jmaddux » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Do your models have to be facing the direction they shoot? Nope im sorry but its 18".
Dont try to paint 4 armies at once.... not a good idea, check some of my work out
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=100434&p=863110#p863110

cyrogeddon
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Postby cyrogeddon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:22 pm

as far as i am aware it never matters what way a model is facing with the exeption of vehicles
Grey Knights 600 points 100% painted
Eldar 1000 points 15% painted
Necrons 2000 points 100% painted
Retribution 92 points 55% painted
Skaven 2400 points 35% painted
Emperors Children Legion 4000 points 15% painted

sebastionsynn
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Location: having lunch in the Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.

Postby sebastionsynn » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Do your models have to be facing the direction they shoot? Nope im sorry but its 18".

agreed, the rule book doesn't say anything about the facing of an enemy model it merely states whether you can be seen or not. so if you can draw line of sight to the unit then you must be 18" away. you can still try for the assault but you know that you need a 6 for their run move, best bet is to place them so they can get into cover and then assault on your next turn.
New research has discovered that research causes cancer in lab rats.
Assembled the model before painting?? It's not a n00b mistake, it's a training exercise to improve your painting skills

Return to “Xenos Races”