It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben's #thedailypaint
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:08 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
So I finally got back to the painting table this evening and got some work done on Baldur. RL has been down right sucky the last couple of days, sapping both my time, and my motivation for all things hobby related, but tonight I did get him almost done. Just need to finish up the stone parts on the arms. I am well on track for finishing him by the 26th.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:12 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Good stuff Midge! I know I've been getting done with work really late (after 11PM) so by the time I get everything together I'm already pretty beat myself.

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:15 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
So... you're painting Andy's dad? :P Moar blondes!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:27 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Guhhhh! Sorry it has been forever since I have posted up in this thread, but real life was infinitely crappy last week. Lots of personal gaff that I won't bore you all with, just needless to say, painting was not high on the priority list.

That being said I did manage to get my Baldur done last night for me Headliner against Mike. I have a feeling he is going to kick my butt, but it should be a good match up and I look forward to watching the voting when that time rolls around.

I am hoping to get back to working on my Dwarf Lord tomorrow night, but for tonight a little grub, some How I Met Your Mother on Netflix, and general relaxation before I am back to the rat race tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:37 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

:( sorry real life has been crappy for you... bloody hells I am seeing a theme around here.. seems like the past week or so have been kinda crappy for ever body I know.

Anyroad..... STUNTIES! I'm saving my Dwarf lord/hero for when I have my camera fully functioning... that and I am terribly worried about screwing him up.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:36 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Hey Midge life happens, which is why my updates and general posting have been slack lately as well. Take it easy.

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:38 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Ya, seems March is either a super busy time and everyone else is just having a bad mont :P Crap happens, take care of you!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:19 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I have spent the last couple of nights passing out early, watching some movies with the wife, and generally recouping from last weeks nonsense. I have however gotten some work done on my Hands of Dorn Dread and the Dwarf Lord. I will get pics posted soon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:55 am 

Eagerly awaiting them. :D

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:14 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Lady_Soria wrote:
Eagerly awaiting them. :D

Thanks Shanon!!

Well I haven't posted in quite a while.... I must apologize but RL has been crazy, crappy, and busy. I have been working on some stuff like finishing the Dwarf Lord and working on a SM Dread. Here are pics:

I am happy with everything on him save the design on the cloak. I finally just gave up on it after a while as I just couldn't get it to look right. It looks better from a tabletop view.

As I said above I have also been working on a SM Dread for a little bit of a change of pace.

I am pretty pleased with him so far. I think up next on the painting que is the Mounted Laddermore that is part of the current commission as well as working on the Dread sporadically.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:24 am 

The dwarf looks good, but I agree with you on the cloak, it just doesn't work out quite right. The dread will be awesome in that color scheme. I really can't wait until it's finished!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:50 pm 

Awesome! I actually like the cloak...although it looks more Celtic than Norse, which is the mo for dwarfs, I think it looks good. :)

And the dread look like it was painted with awesome sauce.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:49 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Smartah wrote:
The dwarf looks good, but I agree with you on the cloak, it just doesn't work out quite right. The dread will be awesome in that color scheme. I really can't wait until it's finished!

Thanks hun!!! I am fed up with the cloak. It is staying as is and like I said it looks better in person than it does in its close up:)

Lady_Soria wrote:
Awesome! I actually like the cloak...although it looks more Celtic than Norse, which is the mo for dwarfs, I think it looks good. :)

And the dread look like it was painted with awesome sauce.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I am loving the Dread as well and really excited to be working on it. This is the first Dread I will be working on, with 4-5 others planned for this army, and about the same number planned in my BA Successor army.

I come to you all for some feed back. I have been discussing with some folks on another forum the company colors for my 4th company Hands of Dorn. Before you can really think on my upcoming query I will provide you with the photo of my test model:

As you can see for these guys I have gone with the Green, Codex standard, trim to represent the company. However someone on the other forum pointed out that the green clashed far too much with the blue and the yellow and after looking at the photos again I can't help but think that they were right.

So here is the question: Do I stay with the green trim? or do I change things up?

I would obviously like to sort this out before I am move on with the army, as the test model and half a Dread are all I have painted at the moment, so it would be easy to change one model to something new for the whole company.

The Hands are staunch codex supporters, but that doesn't mean that they are locked into anything when it comes to company colors, squad markings, and the like. I would love to hear suggestions from you all as to what direction you think I should go with them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:41 pm 

Midge I couldn't wait to reclaim my office and a proper size monitor to look at these pics (iPhone is great and all, but not for pics of models). I love both models, and I think you did a bang up job.

I couldn't understand where the concern was over the dwarf, I was blown away when I saw it on my phone. Now that I am getting a good look, I think I can see the problem: too much bronze everywhere. Try going with a yellow, maybe build up from a brown even. A nice ice-blue might do the trick too.

I agree with the green trim, while it may be codex it clashes a lot. Maybe try a darker green?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:56 am 

Green on Yellow is a terrible color combination See: Green Bay Packers :P

hmm why not warm things up a bit and go with a red? No green and yellow

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next