It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:36 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Epic Duck Mike wrote:
Dude! I love these rock formations!

Thanks dude! :D
Make sure to check the first few pages too. There's various builds going on in this thread...

Epic Duck Mike wrote:
Curse my boredom

You know you can suck up some of that free bored time by making those things we talked about! :evil:
...for over a year now! :|

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:01 am 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Blue wrote:
Epic Duck Mike wrote:
Dude! I love these rock formations!

Thanks dude! :D
Make sure to check the first few pages too. There's various builds going on in this thread...

Epic Duck Mike wrote:
Curse my boredom

You know you can suck up some of that free bored time by making those things we talked about! :evil:
...for over a year now! :|

Unfortunately it's work-specific boredom that's causing me to browse the forums, but I don't have access to Photoshop or anything similar from here. I set an alarm on my phone for later this evening to make sure I remember those things for you though :)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:10 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Epic Duck Mike wrote:
I set an alarm on my phone for later this evening to make sure I remember those things for you though

:shock: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:15 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
DONE! That thing you asked for I mean... not any sort of Terrain.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:18 pm 

:shock: :shock:
No way! :o Thanks dude... For that thing we talked about...
So I guess were even for that thing I did for you that time?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:25 pm 
The Duckiest!

I'm pretty sure you still owe me a Cherry Coke and a bag of Doritos, but I guess we can call it even.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:15 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

Very cool terrain. I like how you've created multiple levels you can play on yet keeping it simple and playable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:02 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Brilliant stuff Blue.

I particularly like the cathedral and the accompanying ruined wall pieces. Really well done.

I was eying through the replies but couldn't really find an answer to what I'm wondering. How did you do the facade on the walls? It looks like stripped foamboard for the brickwork since the facade itself is so thick that it can't be the paper on the foamboard. It's also too smooth and coherent to be some sort of spackle or filler, so what's going on there? I'm intrigued.

Keep on building, mate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:48 am 

Skywatcher wrote:
I was eying through the replies but couldn't really find an answer to what I'm wondering. How did you do the facade on the walls?

It's just foam board bud. It may appear thicker as it was the white on one side, black on the other type foam board. The black is more of a construction paper thickness. I wouldn't recommend to use it though, the paper is seems extra glued on!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:10 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Oh, alright!
Guess this is another example of something being easier than it looks. :)

I got another question though. What's your method for peeling the foamcore?
I personally find that peeling it with a knife takes precision and lots of time since the paper is well glued on there. Soaking it in water doesn't really seem to do much either.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:50 am 

I just cut the shape out of the paper gently with a razor then peel it back. It was tedious and annoying at times but it works. You have to be careful not to pull foam with it. Around the edges it always does as you've cut some foam with the paper but just take your time and it works out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:44 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Well after seeing your awesome terrain I meandered over to your YouTube page and let me just say, bravo, you have earned a new subscriber :) keep the great terrain coming :mrgreen: !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:33 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
How did you get the colour of the rock on the stone formation set? It looks great!

Eldar: 3000+ points.
Skaven: 3000+ points.
Wood Elves 3500+ points.
Orks: 3000+ Points.
Imperial Guard: 500 Points.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:22 am 

Treq2112 wrote:
Well after seeing your awesome terrain I meandered over to your YouTube page and let me just say, bravo, you have earned a new subscriber :) keep the great terrain coming :mrgreen: !

Thanks dude :D , almost every piece of the builds in this thread will be made into a tut for my channel.

BoyMac wrote:
How did you get the colour of the rock on the stone formation set? It looks great!

Would that be the gray stone or the sand stone?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:00 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Blue wrote:
BoyMac wrote:

Would that be the gray stone or the sand stone?

The sand stone. You inspired me to make terrain pieces like them and I have 2 pieces done :).

Eldar: 3000+ points.
Skaven: 3000+ points.
Wood Elves 3500+ points.
Orks: 3000+ Points.
Imperial Guard: 500 Points.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next