It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: our dreams come true?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:19 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

ok so we all know that, whilst it was nice to have a 40k movie, Ultramarines could have been a lot better

well, guess what GW have just given an unofficial green light to?

http://thelordinquisitor.com/

enjoy :)

My WIP http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=70250

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:34 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
it is good, but says 100% unofficial.

DE: 9292pts/9122 painted llllllllll

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:43 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

This has been reported on a few months ago that GW did actually support this movie. Which is insanely suprising as supporting something fan made about the 40k universe just doesnt seem like something they would do.

I feel bad for the Ultramarines movie (so much hate) but I enjoyed it. It's a damn 40k movie! The more movies they begin to come out with, the more people should support it. I mean, look, we have games, now movies. These things should hopefully increase the fan base of the miniature wargaming community and be valuable to all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:12 pm 

nappen wrote:
it is good, but says 100% unofficial.

yes but seeing as the creators are not trying to make money off of it, then GW have said it is ok for it to be made/released. If the creators were going to try and make money out of it, then GW would have stepped in.

KamikazeNewf: i agree, i loved Ultramarines. Whilst i agree that it could of been better. Loads of people complained about how "rubbish" it was and that they were not going to buy it, but i dont think they realised that if they didnt support it, then Codex pictures probably wouldnt have enough budget to release another one, and/or wouldnt be able to afford the technology/software/animators etc to make the quality of them better. Although saying that the makers of "The Lord Inquisitor" are doing a pretty good job, and i doubt they have a massive budget

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:36 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
The people that do THQ's Cinematics need to make a 40k movie. The opening to the first Dawn of War game was much more enjoyable for me to watch than the Ultramarines movie.

High Elves - 5k

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:45 pm 

or codex pictures need to use the same animation technology as them, but yes, it was good

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:28 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
I just pulled up the reviews on Amazon. They don't sound good. Will likely at least rent to see for myself.

DE: 9292pts/9122 painted llllllllll

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:34 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Korsarro-Khan wrote:
or codex pictures need to use the same animation technology as them, but yes, it was good

Dawn of War was released back in '04, so Codex Pictures is a bit behind. Seriously though, I think I'm going to go watch the DoW cinematics.

High Elves - 5k

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:58 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I felt that GW should have supported Codex pictures with a bit of funding in order to increase the quality of the animation. It sucks that a lot of people look at only the animation value and base the movie on that, then the voice acting, story etc.

Though one thing that I will say I hated terribly in the movie... were the Ork Chaos Marines. Running at the enemy and dying in droves. Some Berzerkers would've fixed those Ultramarines real quick.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:01 pm 

KamikazeNewf wrote:
I felt that GW should have supported Codex pictures with a bit of funding in order to increase the quality of the animation. It sucks that a lot of people look at only the animation value and base the movie on that, then the voice acting, story etc.

Well to be fair the animation was crap and the story was sooo boring. Voice Acting was top notch though but what else do you expect from the likes of Terrence Stamp and John Hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:32 pm 

Zeruel13 wrote:
KamikazeNewf wrote:

Well to be fair the animation was crap and the story was sooo boring. Voice Acting was top notch though but what else do you expect from the likes of Terrence Stamp and John Hurt.

true, but if GW did give funding, animation may have been better.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:34 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
yeah but then GW would have to spend money....

EDIT: and I just want to add this is how I feel about it

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:52 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

BewareOfTom's picture sum perfectly what I was about to say.

In another view, those guys are also doing a movie of 40k and it looks pretty damn cool for an amateur project.
Looking at the pictures of what they did (costume, weapons) and it is truly amazing! ;3

Edgar Jacobi: Heh. Well, you know that kind of cancer that you get better from eventually?
Rorschach: Yes.
Edgar Jacobi: Well, that ain't the kind of cancer I got.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:09 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
The "Bloodquest"-movie, the "Damnatus" fan movie, ... so many attempts at 40k movies have been made over the years, without being finished or being banned by GW: whilst I of course appreciate another attempt, I really wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Update (04/29/2014): -> DPS review #8: Jagdpanther! <-
++++++++++++++++++

IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!!
O o
/¯/________________________
| BLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:58 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Superior Man wrote:
The "Bloodquest"-movie, the "Damnatus" fan movie, ... so many attempts at 40k movies have been made over the years, without being finished or being banned by GW: whilst I of course appreciate another attempt, I really wouldn't hold my breath for it.

This. Sadly.