It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

This forum has been discontinued. For tech support please email support@miniwargaming.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: BBcode issues
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:15 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
I host my photos on a private host (web galery) which does not resize the pictures, on this forum mods ask me to post resized pictures which is fine but it seems the bbcode wont work here for resizes

like shown here, i used the official BBcode from the official BBcode website, so is this forum using an other form of obscure bbcode that use different naming for resizes?

[img width="400" height="300"]https://d.facdn.net/art/destaris/1331762453.destaris_front_view.jpg[/img]

[img width="400" height="300"]https://d.facdn.net/art/destaris/1331762558.destaris_back_view.jpg[/img]

Post subject: Re: BBcode issues
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:17 pm 
Community Manager

That's not what they mean by resizing. These forums to my knowledge do not force image size.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:28 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
well the website i host my pictures cause that when i link them here they are too large, and id like to be able to show them here without needing to use a second host or having to resize them before posting them on my current host. but if theres not way to use the bbcode to resize i might have to not post them at all :/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:41 pm 
Community Manager

The rest of us resize our images before hosting them and posting them. I can look into forcing the resize, but it's pretty low on the priority list.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:02 pm 
Gold Vault Member

its supposed to be a standard BBcode command [img width="400" height="300"] where you only add the wight and height section in the first bar. which is why it surprised me that it did not work since its standard bbcode.

Its not a life and death situation anyway i understand the low priority

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

I've been planning on updating the phpBB software, so I wouldn't be surprised if the newer version has that functionality.

What I would suggest in the meantime is, if possible, linking to the image with the thumbnail being presented instead.

For example:

[url=IMAGEURL][img]THUMBNAIL URL[/img][/url]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 am 
Community Manager

destaris wrote:
its supposed to be a standard BBcode command [img width="400" height="300"] where you only add the wight and height section in the first bar. which is why it surprised me that it did not work since its standard bbcode.

Its not a life and death situation anyway i understand the low priority

There are not really many standards when it comes to BBcode usage, especially not when it comes to specialized features like image resizing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]