It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:42 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Welcome to Group Build 34!

This month's theme is Mass Production.

-Terrain that is easily reproduced.
-You must have a batch of at least 3 to qualify for voting.
-Terrain that is easily reproduced...

If anyone has any questions; this is the place to ask!

Rules: PLEASE READ

1) Those who participate are expected to post progress reports of their build under their own topic heading (i.e. GBXIX:Blue’s Big Hill).
-Please format it like this. Place ‘GBXVIII:’ in the beginning of your subjects.
-Once completed you MUST edit the topics title to include the word “complete”. (i.e. GBXV:Blue’s Big Hill-Complete) This is done by editing the original posts subject.-Once completed I will choose 2 of the completed pictures from every build to be added to the voting thread.

2) Please don't post pictures of a piece of terrain that you have already built. The idea of this build is to make something new. Therefore you must post at least 2 pictures, one being a work in progress, one being a finished product. Play fair, don't cheat!

3) Entries must be completed by the deadline in order to qualify.

4) You can enter multiple times.

5) All participants that complete will get a campaign ribbon added to their sig.
-I will keep tabs on everyone who completes and deserves a ribbon/badge until the ribbons are issued.

6) Builds must be painted to be eligible for voting.

7) HAVE FUN!
The build begins Monday 3/12/12 and finishes Sunday 4/22/12 11:59 PM EST.

Follow-up thoughts:
It is recommended that you hold off on making a thread until you have some thing to show in it. (You can always do a sketch and post a picture of that)
Take some pictures of your build that you feel really show it off the best. It always helps to have a mini next to it for scale also.

Good luck everyone! GO!

…Blue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:29 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
I read:

Blue wrote:
6) Builds must be painted to be edible for voting.

But I don't think that was quite right ;)

I actually have an idea for this one ;)

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:08 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Just to clarify, we are talking 3 similar pieces, not identical pieces.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:13 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

quick question blue,
so can these be markers or objectives by chance? I'm just starting to build terrain again and i want to start simple. I was thinking of making rune stone markers for my space wolves that i can use. maybe with the 60mm bases

Space Wolves 8000+ pts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:52 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

are you going to make a new subforum or do we just post in group build 33 for now

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:36 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Joe wrote:
I read:
Blue wrote:
6) Builds must be painted to be edible for voting.

But I don't think that was quite right ;)
I actually have an idea for this one ;)

yeah, I'm hungry too...
Somebody beat you to it...

tinker wrote:
Just to clarify, we are talking 3 similar pieces, not identical pieces.

Correct! The idea being the theme is making terrain that is easily reproduced. To prove this point I would like all of you to make three for this build. There is no need to make them identical but they must be easily reproduced.

SonsofRuss wrote:
so can these be markers or objectives by chance? I'm just starting to build terrain again and i want to start simple. I was thinking of making rune stone markers for my space wolves that i can use. maybe with the 60mm bases

Yes they can, anything you want really as long as the builds are easily reproduced. I'm expecting a lot of cd builds and such with this one. Your idea sounds perfect so far!

imperialork3 wrote:
are you going to make a new subforum or do we just post in group build 33 for now

Please post here until Matt makes us a new sub-forum at which time I will move all related threads accordingly. Please make sure to title your threads correctly!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:57 am 
MWG Fanatic

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
Blue: Do Unit Fillers count as terrain? They would be terrain based (you know with pillars, barrels, rocks, skulls), just would fit in with my dwarf units (when I need a unit of 50 Hammerers!).

Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:01 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
so the whole point of this, rule wise that I'm understanding is that we build terrain out of ANY material, for ANY purpose ( objective markers, buildings, even some flat terrain like a swamp) We take pictures of the process, and repeat this process 3 times. What we make should be simple enough that we can build similar of each piece countless times without much effort or work. In order to qualify we need 3 pieces painted. What i dont understand is the ribbon and the other part about voting thread. maybe because im new to the forum but if you could fill me in I'd really appreciate it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:58 pm 

camsmclean wrote:
Blue: Do Unit Fillers count as terrain? They would be terrain based (you know with pillars, barrels, rocks, skulls), just would fit in with my dwarf units (when I need a unit of 50 Hammerers!).

You must build terrain that is easily reproduced. If it just so happens to fit into a unit or can be used as an objective than so be it! :wink:

scotzy1995 wrote:
so the whole point of this, rule wise that I'm understanding is that we build terrain out of ANY material, for ANY purpose ( objective markers, buildings, even some flat terrain like a swamp) We take pictures of the process, and repeat this process 3 times. What we make should be simple enough that we can build similar of each piece countless times without much effort or work. In order to qualify we need 3 pieces painted.

You are correct...

scotzy1995 wrote:
What i dont understand is the ribbon and the other part about voting thread. maybe because im new to the forum but if you could fill me in I'd really appreciate it

Throughout the month members are encouraged to make their own thread here in this forum and post Work In Progress pics (mainly just to make certain it was built this month). Have it completed and painted by the deadline and all of them will be uploaded into a voting thread where all of the MWG forum can vote on who they think built the best piece. The winner from that voting thread will receive a shiny new ribbon in their signature. (see my sig for examples and pass your mouse over them for a description).

The main purpose of the Group Build is to learn and share your knowledge in turn. By posting regular progress pics other members can give some advice or ideas and you are encouraged to do the same. There are always a ton of ideas and inspiration being thrown around.

It's as simple as that. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask and Welcome To MWG! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:35 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Quick question: I saw a terrain build instruction somewhere on the web-can't remember where, that I have been wanting to try. Thought it was a great, cheap, easy idea.
So does it matter if I got the idea somewhere else. Basically, can we use something that is not an original idea? I will google and try to find it again and give appropriate credit. This will spur me to actually get around to it :)

DE: 9232pts/8420 painted llllllllll

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:39 pm 

nappen wrote:
can we use something that is not an original idea?

Yep...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:43 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Sounds good, I will participate and start a thread next week when I get home from vacation. Thanks. :D

DE: 9232pts/8420 painted llllllllll

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:37 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Location: 221B Baker Street, London with my faithful companion Watson.
Blue I saw a tutorial on terrain that could fit into this. Could I use said tutorial and give credit to the guy who originally thought of it?
Edit: Don't worry read the whole thread and I'm definitely in this!

"Miniwargaming, is that for dwarves" - My dad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:14 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
I have like 20 bullet casings, I could so do this!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:06 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
do objectives count for this? (only base size or does it need to be even bigger? just wondering

my photobucket album