It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben's #thedailypaint
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:18 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
No painting for me tonight. I have this odd physical condition called De Quervain syndrome, kinda th e opposite of Carpal Tunnel, where I get these random, yet rather painful, cramps in my wrists and hands. Needless to say I spent most of the night watching Supernatural, chewing on Ibruprofen like Skittles, and icing my arms. I did manage to get the last pieces of my Dwarf Lord on an Oath Stone cleaned and assembled, but I decided it wasn't worth the discomfort. Hopefully things will settle down in the ouch department over the next 12 hours and I will be able to get back at it tomorrow night. UNtil then..... Happy painting everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:24 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Dude that sound awful, take it easy!

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:25 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
relax brother, Ill make sure to paint enough for the both of us!!

https://twitter.com/Oceangrave0 Check out for up to the minute progress/life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Thanks guys. It isn't too bad as long as I keep my wrists perfectly straight and still, but yeah it is a pisser. Thankfully spells don't last too long as long as I am heavy with the ice and anti-inflamatories.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:35 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

:: offer feel good cookies::

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:28 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Ooo, that sounds horrible :( Hope it gets better soon, but in the meantime, just relax and watch one of the best shows ever (except for season 6, that was terrible) and enjoy Castiel!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:55 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Just as an update to where I am with this project. Over the last several days I have been dealing with some severe pain and swelling in my hands. Anyhow, really didn't have the grip strength to pick up a brush over the last couple of days, but I am pleased to announce that this spell seems to have passed and I got back to painting tonight with a vengeance. Rocinate is almost completed!!!! All I have to do is a little bit of detail work and the base. Anyhow, I am bushed and really don't feel like taking and editing photos tonight, but I promise some shots tomorrow night before I start my painting session.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:57 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
GOOD TO HEAR MATE :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:08 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Nice!

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:31 am 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Glad to hear you are feeling better!

DE - 1750pts - (15% Painted)

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:06 am 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Great stuff midge, really liking the Cygnar stuff. I've only got one cygnar model and these pics are a great instpiration for me to get on painting hime. i just gotta finish the deathmatch entries for this month before i can get started on him. definitely looking forward to seeing more from you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:55 am 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Glad to hear you're well again! I have some occasional swelling in my left foot that sounds rather similar, and with the same treatment... pop Ibuprofen to keep the swelling down and make walking manageable. At least when it's bugging me though, I can sit still and paint ;)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:00 am 

I feel your pain Mike, cept mine comes from an 8in plate I got after shattering my ankle and the trauma induced arthritis that follows. but, it doesn't inhibit my painting unless its a REAL bad day, so I can still get my stuff done.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:11 am 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I've got a recurring ganglion cyst on the tendon between the 3rd and 4th metatarsal on my left foot, if you want to get *really* technical. Problem is with it being so close to the tendon, they're afraid to operate on it, because there's a chance it could form scar tissue there which would cause the same discomfort I have for a week every 4-6 months, on a permanent basis. Scar tissue and tendons don't play nice.

Anyway... Rociante! Can't wait to see it!

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:58 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
So glad you're feeling better Ben, we missed you! Now, get back to work and take pics >.>

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next