It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Is this right?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:03 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
I am in the middle of a game-DE vs Necrons.

I assaulted into a group of 10 Immortals and Immotek with three wyches. Don't ask, it made sense at the time-trying to bog them down with a lost squad.

Anyway, through the vagaries of the dice, the three wyches won combat by 1. He failed his leadership test by rolling an eleven. I then won the pile in roll-off and my three wyches therefore destroying the remaining 9 immortals and immotek.

I think by the rules it is right, but does it make sense?

DE: 9292pts/9122 painted llllllllll

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

Post subject: Re: Is this right?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:18 am 

According to the rules that is exactly right. As a matter of fact depending on your combat drug result it doesn't even sound that far fetched.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:21 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Combat drugs were +1 WS. Did come in handy. It was just an incredible amount of 4+ invulnerable saves made, a really bad leadership test on his part and then I got the roll of by 1. He was not a happy camper.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:29 am 

Well for the sweeping advance with Wyches vs Necrons all you had to roll is a 2+ and he can't possibly get away.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:47 am 

Yep and he was not happy. I rolled the two. :) It does seem a little outlandish that three wyches could sweep over 9 immortals and the stormlord. Crazier thing was that he only needed a 9 or lower to pass the leadership test and he rolled the 11.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:24 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Well, at least Imotekh had the chance to stand up again.

Kabal of the Black Moon: 11/1/2
Grey Knights: 2/0/1
Dark Angels: 3/0/3
Legion of Everblight: 14/0/4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:52 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

I've had stranger, was playing an Apoc game the other weekend and I had a brood of 3 Raveners (2 x Scything Talons) charge a unit of about 40 conscripts, actually lost the first round of combat by 2 and was left with just 1 ravener against 38 conscripts. Next round I won combat by one, he failed his morale check and I swept them all! Needless to say he wasn't happy at all about it and moaned periodically for the rest of the game. Though even I have to admit that it was an extreme example of that rule.

Tyranids - 5000 Points
Tau - 2000 Points
Blood Angels - 2000 Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:04 pm 
Bronze Vault Member

nidhiggins87 wrote:
I've had stranger, was playing an Apoc game the other weekend and I had a brood of 3 Raveners (2 x Scything Talons) charge a unit of about 40 conscripts, actually lost the first round of combat by 2 and was left with just 1 ravener against 38 conscripts. Next round I won combat by one, he failed his morale check and I swept them all! Needless to say he wasn't happy at all about it and moaned periodically for the rest of the game. Though even I have to admit that it was an extreme example of that rule.

You play Raveners, too? We should be friends.

Anyway, I've had similar things happen, though usually it's genestealers vs Necrons.

Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

‎"Craft counts. Art matters. Stories are important"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:58 am 

It was definately odd, but funny, though my son did not find it so.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:16 am 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Related by derailing question:
How many points have you destroyed in this method?

I find IG large blobs die fairly regularly to this, where on paper they may grind out something but then they fail their leadership and the attackers fail to lose anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 am 

I am a beginner, so this was the first time I saw something that seemed this extreme. From other's posts, it seems fairly common or at least not totally uncommon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:10 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

tigerguy786 wrote:
You play Raveners, too? We should be friends.

Anyway, I've had similar things happen, though usually it's genestealers vs Necrons.

I find my raveners a lot of fun to use, not always the most effective but usually a great distraction.

Tyranids - 5000 Points
Tau - 2000 Points
Blood Angels - 2000 Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:19 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

MFletch wrote:
Related by derailing question:
How many points have you destroyed in this method?

I find IG large blobs die fairly regularly to this, where on paper they may grind out something but then they fail their leadership and the attackers fail to lose anyone.

That's why you use commissars in large infantry blobs. Stubborn For The Win!

"Nuts"