It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:52 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

I'm playing a tournament in my area soon that are using etc-rules. Here is my Tomb Kings I'm thinking to use in that tournament. What do ppl think about it? Anything I should change?

With the ETC-rules I can use 2600 pts, this list are 2597 pts.

Lords:
-Tomb King, general with Glittering scale, Dragonbane Gem and Golden death mask 266 pts
-Liche high priest lvl 4 with TKmagic, Earthing rod and talisman of preservation 280 pts

Heroes:
-Liche priest lvl 2 with TKmagic and Dispel scroll 130 pts
-Tomb prince with Armour of silvered steel 149 pts

Core:
-40 Skeleton warriors with full command and spear 230 pts
-33 Skeleton archers with full command 228 pts
-6 Skeleton chariots with full command and banner of eternal flame 370 pts
-10 Skeleton horsemen with full command 150 pts
-6 Skeleton horse archers 84 pts

Special:
-25 Tomb guard with full command 305 pts
-Khemrian warsphinx with Fiery roar 230 pts
-Tomb scorpion 85 pts

Rare:
-Screaming skull catapult 90 pts

I'm thinking on using horsemen, horse archers and the scorpions behind the enemies lines to take out smal unites and warmachins. The king are going in tomb guard and the prince in the spearmen unit

Last edited by imhotep on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:42 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Not sure what ETC is...but these are just a few suggestions. Dont consider them must changes or anything, just some things i personally like to bring to the table.

If you could, try and get fencers blades + glitering scales on the King, not sure if you fit the mask with that though. Gives your king WS10 and makes enemies hit at -1. Handy considering that means all but SUPER ELITE infantry hit you on 6+, and all other units, including lords hit you on 5+. Of course, this WS10 wont go to his unit which is a shame.

If you are bringing along the death mask, maybe consider the helm of discord? +1 armour and on a failed ld test the enemy cannot act at all that turn, and is hit automatically. Handy if they cant benefit from a higher ld elsewhere, or if you combo it up with doom and darkness.

I am not a fan of having a ward save on my heirophant...no...really. He is rarely, if ever going to use it as he is in with archers. If he EVER gets into close combat he will die regardless of your ward save...because he sucks in combat. In most situations its 50 or so points wasted imo.

If you were to go with the aforementioned helm of discord, combo or simply use the death mask i would take lore of death on your level 2, otherwise lore of light is very handy for its buffing potential as is can make your tomb guard almost indestructible.

Not a fan of spear skeletons, sure you gain an extra rank, but you die to everything. Atleast the hand weapon gives you a 6+ parry save, and your cheaper to boot.

6 chariots...nice number. Normally i would say split them into units of 3, but with eternal flame, 6 is ideal for killing monsters etc.

No casket? Great boon the magic phase, will decimate cavalry and small units, cant miscast (but can cast with irresistable force) so throw 6 dice at it if you want it to go off. I have had good games, and bad games with it...but overall it is more reliable than the catapults imo. Wiped out an empire army turn 1 once...bounced through his warmachines and knights killing them all, and the result chain reaction of panic checks caused the rest of his army to flee off the board XD

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:09 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
ETC plays WFB a bit diffrently from most people. Their rules can be found here. Doesnt change munch for tomb kings tho.

Word Bearers 4500pts[90% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[80% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:07 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Thanks Arnathos for the link to the ETC-rules. I did not know how to link to them her.

I have only the spearmen painted for now. That's why I'm not using hand weapons and shield now.

About the casket: It's cost 135 pts that I'm not sure is worth it in a tournament around my place since the opponents will try and dispell it every time. And I have not had so much luck in getting power dice to use in magic phase.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:18 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Well with the ETC rules you do get 200 extra points to cover the casket, and you are allowed to generate one more power die compared to other armies.

And against armies like orcs and goblins the casket can cause some massive damage, plus its T10 for shooting, meaning that even cannons wont remove it too easily. And in melee you get 4 killing blow attacks, to ward off those pesky flying hero warmachine hunters.

But still with the 200 points you are basically getting it for free.

Word Bearers 4500pts[90% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[80% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:58 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Arnathos wrote:

And against armies like orcs and goblins the casket can cause some massive damage, plus its T10 for shooting, meaning that even cannons wont remove it too easily. And in melee you get 4 killing blow attacks, to ward off those pesky flying hero warmachine hunters.

the casket is great against all armies except all_infantry HE force, none_knight_monster chaos.

plus you can hide it behind a building or other big terrain, and it still can use its bound (48" direct damage, no LoS required) and cannot be targeted with cannons

ha, bret BSB charged my casket and he was KBed :D . epic moment

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:40 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Casket is AMAZING for its points. The extra D3 power dice can make a poor magic phase into an amazing one. The light of death can turn a battle to your favor on turn one. Your opponent has a terrorgheist? Not anymore. Black knights? laughable. Hex Wraiths? No more. Any cav at all? dead. Scouts? skirmishers? ranged units? flankers? other warmachines? Redirecters? All of them are fodder. You can decimate vampire counts with it, you run up to a unit with your king in chariot with mask and wipe the unit out with the casket...or do MASSIVE damage with it at least.

Best warmachine in the game by far. Nothing is safe.

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you