It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:29 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Zero wrote:
Converted them with guns and other 40k equipment? If you want two armies for the price of one, why not just buy Chaos Daemons and slap them on square bases? There are no rules against square bases in 40k.

Or use magnets...if you want to be really cheap, use blue tac XD

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:12 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Location: having lunch in the Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Quote:
why not just buy Chaos Daemons and slap them on square bases?

Because i don't like Chaos, i've played a Chaos fantasy army and was not impressed. it didn't fit me, or my play style. an army is much than the sum of it's models, it has a soul as well, and that soul is you. your effort is what makes the paint bring the model to life, the conversion and little attention to details that you add are what makes the model unique, in effect giving it a spirit, and eventually the entire army comes to life under your ministrations, and you become a part of it throughout the whole process, in effect becoming it's soul. if an army doesn't fit your play style, nothing you can do will bring that army to life.

at heart i'm a tech head, so Eldar with their grav tanks, Necron with their machine bodies, Orks with their cobbled together vehicles and cybernetics, and Skaven for the warp tech all fit my play style and speak to me as a tech head. my nids even do the same thing, because even they are a tech army, it's just that their tech is organic rather than machine.

and now I'll stop with the Buddhist Tao speech. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:30 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

I agree, a part of the fun with making a army is to paint and model the army yourself.

Dark Eldar: W:15 L:5 D:1 5th.

Dark Eldar: W:1 L:1 D:0 6th.