Dez #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Dez #thedailypaint

Postby Dez » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:57 am

Yup! I'm gonna work on something every day, so this will be a nice project log. So far, I've worked on something every day this month as part of my silent resolution. I'll find pics to post of whatever wip stuff I have going on.

I'm mostly a modeller, so my work is going to mainly feature conversions. I'm also involved in the Army in a Year thread, so I'll have plenty of painting to do as well. I am going to really do my best to work on 3 different armies for a different system at the same time: Dark Eldar, Skaven and Trollbloods. I'm probably going to fall behind somewhere, unless I start using my airbrush.

So, I'm @dakkadez on twitter. I don't use twitter, so that will be a learning experience as well.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #thedailypaint

Postby Smartah » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:59 am

Yay Dez! I can't wait to see more of your conversions and painting!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:37 am

Here is what I've done tonite, a Haemonculus:

Dez

Postby Dez » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:21 am

I kept working last night, and got a Duke Sliscus conversion going on. I'm still debating over replacing the head. I've got some details to add, and of course I will build him a crazy base. I'd like to make something techy, in line with his ability to make all Raiders and Venoms deep striking.

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Love the conversion, but the head is iffy for me. kind of looks like a scarecrow. I never liked that head at all
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

BewareOfTom
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby BewareOfTom » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:00 am

I really like the head :3

but others may fit better though :D
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

Dez

Postby Dez » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:36 am

Tonite I worked on my Games Day Skaven model. Got some base coats done.

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:54 am

looking good! That yellow looks FANtastic
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Dez

Postby Dez » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:12 am

I'm really excited about painting this one, I kinda struggled with the other models I painted this month. I did paint that Marine in an hour...;)

Dez

Postby Dez » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:43 am

I did some more work on the Skaven tonite. I layered the purple and the teeth, as well as added some green to the warpstone and tubing. I'm really enjoying painting this model.

khani
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Postby khani » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:08 am

That is REALLY cool, I think changing the dukes head might be a good idea, I like it alright but it would excel with other heads, maybe a helmet
.... :mrgreen:
Khani is more OT family then Shas! There I said it! -IGfanatic

Khani I have to admit, you're awesome -wulfrun

In the grim darkness of the near future there is only.... Khani? -the airman

Dez

Postby Dez » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:05 am

Yesterday I did something real fun: Organizing! I have a couple boxes full of Spess Muhreenz, and I sorted almost all of it out. Yes, I like organizing. I like having everything where I know where it is, and huge unorganized boxes of stuff frustrate me. I have trays for my bits, and they are all separated. I'm talking left arms here, right arms there, this kind of bolter in here, this kind of bolter in there. It's like OCD.

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:18 am

Omg I have to do the same thing with my bits (mostly Ogre) With everything else, I'm the same way. My primer labels have to be facing out and everything is grouped by what they are ie. no primer on the basing shelf, no bits near the Stripping and priming shelf etc. It's a sickness :P
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Dez

Postby Dez » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:14 am

People usually freak out when they see how much stuff I have, and then to find out it's organized is brain asplode.

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Midge913 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Some nice DE conversions there Dez! The Skaven is looking fantastic so far as well.
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”