It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Mike's #thedailypaint
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:33 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I'm BAAAaaCK!

I made myself a very big New Year's Resolution for 2012 - Paint Something Every Day.

My original goal was to paint a single model every day, and finally get through the hundreds of Fire Warriors, Orks, Necrons, Necrons, Dark Elves, Blighted Nyss, and Dark Eldar around my home, but some models deserve more attention than I can give them in a day, or are just too large to paint that quickly.

So my challenge to myself is this:
Paint Something, Anything, Every Day Possible - as long as I pick up a paint brush and make some progress, every day, I'm on my path.

I realize though, there are days where life in general will prevent painting. For example, I'll be out of the country on a business trip for 7 days soon, and I won't be taking all of my painting supplies on the plane with me. As penance, for each day where I do not paint something, I will have to complete an entire model.

To help keep track of this, I'm Tweeting updates with hashtag #thedailypaint. I'll also be updating this thread, but I may do so less frequently, in a sort of recap fashion. I'll also be keeping a Score Card here to track my progress and penalties.

I'm inviting anyone who's interested and has a similar goal this year to join in, use the same hashtag or start your own thread, and get some models painted. Think of it as a Year-Long Paintocalypse if you want to - fitting, given how the world is supposed to end this year and all ;)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:34 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Mike's #thedailypaint Score Card

BLUE: Goal met, something painted
RED: Goal missed, model owed
GREY: Date not yet reached/updated
GREEN: # of Penalty models completed (month header)

Total Penalty Models owed: 21
Total Penalty Models completed: 14

January: 17 / 14 / 14
_1 _2 _3 _4 _5 _6 _7
_8 _9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31

February: 28 / 1 / 0
__ __ __ _1 _2 _3 _4
_5 _6 _7 _8 _9
10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29

March: 26 / 5 / 0
__ __ __ __ _1 _2 _3
_4 _5 _6 _7 _8 _9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19
20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

April: 2 / 1 / 0
_1 _2 _3 _4 _5 _6_7
_8 _9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:00 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Hey, it's nice to see you around. Also, hey maybe you can add a tutorial here and there to sort of add more flavour to your model completion.

I for one would like to learn a bit more on highlighting Ork skin a but more intimately.

Also, weathering metal. Not quite rust but look as if they took impact.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:59 pm 
The Duckiest!

I've got tutorials planned, no worries - and I have lots of Orks to paint, so they'll make the cut - though I already did a video of an Ork Nob in my colour scheme about a year ago, so I don't think I'll revisit the topic too much. This year when I do videos, I'm going to be focusing more on individual techniques and areas, instead of trying to paint entire models in a single video - I will still do that from time to time though too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:26 pm 

What if I said pretty please?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:39 pm 
The Duckiest!

This was yesterday's model, an Infinity Hellcat. I actually painted it to match my Tau Fire Warriors, I'm considering using a set of them in place of Vespids... you know, if Vespids ever become a reasonable unit ;) I know it's a little out of focus, I got a bit too close.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:49 pm 

Bit of an awkward position to hold a rifle?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:00 am 
The Duckiest!

They're a Jetpack troop of sort, pretty sure she's supposed to be either landing, or flying away while firing. The jetpack is more evident from the back :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:42 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
thats a pretty atractive model :wink:
maybe you can even use a unit of them as fire warriors so people can see them on the table?

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:45 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I gotta take part in this. My thread will be up shortly :)

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:53 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Yes yes and more yes! It will not only help me get stuff painted, but an excuse to use Twitter.

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:00 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
I'll join you in a weekly paint. :D I just don't have enough money/models left to paint every day of the year. :(

I think I'll start with my Menoth Warcaster this friday. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:56 pm 

Location: 221B Baker Street, London with my faithful companion Watson.
IGfanatic wrote:
I'll join you in a weekly paint. :D I just don't have enough money/models left to paint every day of the year. :(

I think I'll start with my Menoth Warcaster this friday. :D

This but not menoth just tonnes of 'nids. Good to see you back Mike, can't wait for more of your tutorials again they're very useful.

"Miniwargaming, is that for dwarves" - My dad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:58 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
Thanks for reminding me I have tons of nids! I might be able to due all of January!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:17 pm 
The Duckiest!

Today's work, finishing up two DE Kabalite Warriors, and starting on the Tesla Destructor for my Annihilation Barge.

Also reworked my video rig, I'm pretty sure it's ready for filming!

By the way, the DE aren't based at all, because I'm planning, once all the models are painted, to do a custom Display Table for them, and have each model's base fit into a specific part of the display. So until I get to *that* project (about 200 models from now) I'm leaving them on plain bases. I might hit them with a single paint colour just to make them look slightly more finished.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next