It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blue's Terrain
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:18 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
One on the right reminds me of being stuck on my own in the arse end of kenya!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 am 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
lol. salty desert.
-ahem- anyways, i personally don't like the monotoned browns. but that's just 'cuz im biased in my deserts XD
for colours...... -looks up hamada deserts-
hmmm i'd use the one on the right. and looking it up, i thought of something kind of unimportant towards your cathedral thing. if it's in a desert.... and old.... then i'm pretty sure animals woulda taken up residence. especially in the tower. lol random thought is all.
oh! and i had an idea for fading the red for the inside but i've forgotten it now. but you don't have to do just red. could do like a blue or something just so you don't end up with all the same colour on the inside. oooo! idea for fading. i'll have to try it out myself now. maybe testing it on one of those tiles of yours? but maybe coating it in the colour you want then darkening the edges and light washing it with a sand colour? could even chip the paint somehow i guess. definitly an aera i'll explore when i get to my desert board.....

-BB

Red Corsair: 750 [----------] 03 - 0 - 02
Necrons: 350 [----------]
Black Templar Successors (yet to be named) : ordered ----------

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:51 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
Wooooooooow....
That is the coolest desert terrain I've ever seen.
Gotta make some

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:33 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Anything extra you've done? Also you have just inspired me to make some of those stone pillar thingys.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:48 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Unfortunately... No. :(

I've had some things happen recently that have really sucked up my free time. It's still sitting here behind me primed. Once I finish of Dark Vlad for the KOTH deathmatch I'll be able to start again.

I am eager to finish these and get them out of my way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:42 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Finally had some time to work on these builds.

Finished off this small hill for a YouTube video. Still need to flock it...

And finished off the one full set. Also in need of some vegetation!

I think it would be cool to use these as more of one piece of terrain when playing by clustering them together tightly.

Let me know what you think!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:49 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

These are amazing, Blue!

Would you mind if I used your terrain bits as inspiration to make similar rock formations and much needed height to my board?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:52 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
those look awesome! i love the colors, they really make them pop :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:17 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries
Dude, that desert terrain board is one of the best I've ever seen. You really are one of the best, congrats to you

Also, check out my brand new blog for some painting tips, conversions and finished pieces!

http://themechanizedworld.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:26 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
The terrain looks very cool! I like to see a concept pushed as far as you have. The way you made the edges look layered and natural is very impressive. My son and I will be starting something like this next month.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:51 pm 

Seamus wrote:
These are amazing, Blue!
Would you mind if I used your terrain bits as inspiration to make similar rock formations and much needed height to my board?

Thanks dude, feel free to use it. I'm looking now and I wish I would have made a couple pieces that were taller than these for some more variation.

bl00dngutz wrote:
those look awesome! i love the colors, they really make them pop :D

Thanks dude!

balangaz wrote:
Dude, that desert terrain board is one of the best I've ever seen. You really are one of the best, congrats to you

Your too much! :wink:
tinker wrote:
The terrain looks very cool! I like to see a concept pushed as far as you have. The way you made the edges look layered and natural is very impressive. My son and I will be starting something like this next month.

That's awesome! Make sure to show us what you guys do.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:03 am 
MWG Fanatic

Do you put a sealant on them to prevent chipping from use? I'm just asking because I want to know what you use as I have always found that to be an issue.

Warmachine Khador - 80 points
Hordes Circle - 45 points

Join my Chaos Ogres and WIP

Join the 2013 Army Painting Pledge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:45 pm 
MWG Fanatic

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
Fighting Gopher wrote:
Do you put a sealant on them to prevent chipping from use?

I was wondering this as well. I have some foam terrain parts, but there are chips and it looks just... just awful with a little pink part popping out!

Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:45 pm 

I don't use any specific sealer meant to strengthen the foam. The primer I use lays down a nice thick almost latexy coat of paint which seems to hold everything together very well.
I don't play too much but I did just move and moved every piece in this thread with me and only wound up with 2 dents, not chips and that was the result of me tripping on the stairs with the box of them. :|

If your looking for foam products check out Terranscapes on YouTube. In this video he goes over a type of foam sealer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:25 am 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Dude! I love these rock formations! Curse my boredom for wandering into the Terrain forum ;)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next