It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:02 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Hey guys,

I have decided that I am going to start to paint up minis with a purpose (this is outside of my Warmahordes collecting). What is this purpose? What am I yammering about? I have decided to try to do something good from my painting - I am going to paint minis up to sell, via ebay, to raise money for Juvenile Diabetes and Diabetes (type 1 and type 2).

My family is strongly connected to both diseases, in fact, a little bragging, but my grandfather is Ontario's longest living user of insulin (been using since he was about 12 and he is now 80+).

What this thread will be is the WiP thread of the minis I will be painting. Each mini will be painted to the best of my ability and in the awareness colours for each type of Diabetes (lime green for type 1 and grey for type 2). There will be other colours thrown in to balance the mini and such, but I wanted to get the ball rolling on this.

I won't start work until the new year, but I do have quite a bit lined up to be painted. Chaos Knights, Marauder Horsemen, Dwarves and a High Elf Noble.

EDIT: Through the 2012 year I will also be painting a full Brettonian army in support of this. Many of the models are now OOP, but I might try to snag some newer pieces for the project. It is too early to say, but I may yet make a display board for the army as well.

Each piece will receive a thank-you certificate and a simple receipt for tax time. All the donations will be made in one-lump sum after all the auctions finish up (this is just to make things easier when donating to the Foundation). If anyone else want's to get on board to support this please fire me a PM and we can discuss details.

Anyways, I will come back in the New year with the first of the work!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:44 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Very generous of you. I hope it really pays off :)

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:08 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I think that is an excellent idea! Looking forward to seeing what you paint up.

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:42 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

How is this going?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:06 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Not started. I have a final commission this month so I prolly won't start until late janurary or February.

:) I'll post here or with a new thread once work begins