It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:29 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I was really happy people were interested in a theme that I'd been thinking about for a while...

VETERAN LEADER

The grizzled sergeant of a rag tag Imperial squad, an Ork Nob with visions of one day leading Da Waaagh, The Tactical Squad Sergeant whose resolve never falters. These are the leaders that guide your squad to victory.

This month, make a veteran for your army. It can be a Sergeant, Vanguard Vet, Ork Nob, Whatever Space Elves have. This one is a leader, someone people can look up to.

The only rules are to have fun and be creative, they can be from any system. Please let me know if you have any questions.

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:30 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Seeing as I just spent a reDONKulous amount of money on Forge World stuff, I'm in ;)

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:38 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Seeing as i spent pennys on second hand marines to kill for a diorama and my green stuffing skills turned out to be lacking and i have left over bits im in. And im well underway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:32 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Location: I live as the crow flies... err... You get what I mean.
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
Seeing as how for me it is still July I can't enter yet...

But I think I'll join and customize an ork nob... maybe I will buy the nob kit that's the daily deal... then I'd get one week to work on it...

hmm... Tempting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:44 pm 

The Nob Box Set is THE box set to get for Orks. So many bits, so many loverly bits....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:53 pm 

I need the nob box kit I have so many vinalla Nobz it makes me cry, I think I had 14 vinalla nobz... That is a problem isn't it?

But I've got an idea for what I would do I think it's a great idea, but it will involve a warboss and a nob... it will be one bad booty nob... hope I can get it! I really want to participate!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:55 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Go on you know you want to.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:02 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
I'm in.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:20 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Yes I am so in :mrgreen:
The best part of this comp. is that we have to do this anyway: rumors of 6th edition codex saying each squad needs a squad leader.

Really pumped up for this! :D

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66534

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:37 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Sounds awesome i like the idea of making a custom character or something each month cuz others are, so im in :)

Also seems like a few ork entries so gunna be cool to check what u peeps come-up with :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:06 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Question: does it have to be an actual leader codex wise or can it be a troop that just looks more important than his brothers? Say, a tactical marine taking a leadership role over his other brothers and not the sarge? Or a hormagaunt leading other hormagaunts? Or a gun drone leading the other drones?

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66534

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:21 am 

Hey Crusher,

As long as it looks like a veteran, you are good to go.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:34 am 

A dwarf bar fight with one dwarf on a table fighting off several. Space marine mid act of bravery. Or best of all a grot gouging his masters eye out while other grots cheer him on.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:33 am 

this is my idea I'm just curious to know what others think... plus i need to type it out so I can getter better idea...

There will be a nob, he's going to be killing the warboss to show the he's the tougher one, and he's goin to lead the next WAAAGH!!!

Thoughts?
if it doesn't really suit the theme... I'm making it anyways cause it will look cool....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:05 am 

You could have the Nob holding the Warboss' severed head!

You don't have to make these useable in your army, even though it's nice to do so. If you want to build a diorama, more power to you!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next