Tyranid Horde 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Thabow 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
kavika0311 31%  31%  [ 8 ]
sonofkitrinos 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Dez 38%  38%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 26
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:13 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
It seems strange to announce....Dez is the winner for July 2011! Thanks to all the participants and voters this month! August is coming up!

Another great Mini of the Month for July! Thanks for everyone that entered.

This month's theme was An Objective to Fit Your Army. Please vote on your favorite, and please leave some critique for these projects below. This just helps the modelers and painters get that much better!

The winner gets to pick the theme for August, the poll will be closing on July 31st. Vote now!

Crusherfex

Tyranid Horde

Thabow

kavika0311

sonofkitrinos

Dez

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:47 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Oh my, what a turn out. Who to vote for... Tme will tell. Onto thoughts and comments.

Crusherfex: Personally, I like how the hive is painted and how the warrior was put on. What I should've done was cut off that thing the Ripper is on so it's more smooth when looking at it. I also could've put grenades that come in the FW box all over the hive, as that was what he was doing, but I couldn't find them in my bitz box.

Tyranid Horde: Really nice conversion work and painting, I like that he's holding a briefcase, which would be the reason for trying to get the objective. Really nice, and simple job!

Thabow: I think I've said this already, but great job. You really put a lot of effort into this and I can understand why dark angels would want to control this objective. A great and creative build, but I think the servitor would've made a nice touch.

kavika0311: Wow! The painting is well done, and the modeling too. I love the whole helmet thing! They only comment I would give would be the base. If the rocks had fit on the base, it might've looked more pleasing (not that it isn't!).

sonofkitrinos: Your objective is great, it is an objective people would WANT to get. Love the square base and blood! It just seems a little empty to me, maybe put a small rock behind that marine, to see he is "resting" on something?

Dez: You have impressed me! Your WIPs looked very cluttered and it was hard to tell what the scenario was, but when painted and based, it was absolutely stunning! A weapon storage is also a very nice objective idea.

So kudos to all, not a single bad one! No idea who to vote for, they are all so great!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:18 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
great job everybody,

I gave my vote to Dez, not only cause he knows his orks but because he put his together in a night, wouldn't want you to preform heart surgery on me, but I dig your work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:59 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I voted Dez too. For one night of work that looks great.

Imperial Fists WIP

Critiques and tips are more than welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:06 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Thanks guys. It's funny how many projects I've gotten done in a short time span. Seems to work for me ;)

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:44 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Yeah, I voted for Dez considering how quickly you made it and how great it looks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:30 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Wow. What a great turn out for this month! I honestly can't figure out who I'm going to vote for!

Crusherfex - Love the slime that's just awesome and the thing that's holding the slime is top notch. The only thing I don't really like about it is that it looks a bit unfinished paint wise. I think if you make the little nid a touch brighter it would have really stood out.

Tyranid Horde - One of my favorites. Your colors are so bright and vibrant, very well done. I really like the suitcase addition for this objective. It makes a lot of sense.

Thabow - I will say this first and get it out of the way. I'm not quite sure what it is (stasis chamber?) but I like it. Looks like a lot of time was put into the construction of the objective and it is full of really cool little accents. I really like the bottom of it with all the mechanical things and wires.

Kavika - Love the story behind this objective. It's very touching and makes me kind of like Space Marines. Kind of. Okay not really, I'll never like them but this is an awesome objective and deserves a lot of praise. The only thing I would change is removing the mold line on the leg oh and putting a rock under the dude's leg. It kind of looks like he's just holding it up for no reason.

Sonofkitrinos - More space marines huh? lol It's an awesomely gory objective. the wet blood look is perfect. The legs bother me just a bit. I'm horrible at conversions so I wouldn't know how to fix that or even what bothers me about it. I like the use of the square base and the freehand is great on the banner.

Dez - Okay, this is just epic. I didn't see the little gobbo in the Ork's hand until the very end and it made me laugh. For one night this is incredible. To be completely honest the only thing that bugs me about this piece is the banner because of that one stray black line on the middle top checker. I know it's Orks and they don't really care about checkers as long as they are there, but it irks me (probably telling me I should never paint orks). Other than that small little thing I say this objective is aces.

After all of that, I still don't know who to vote for. Can I pick 2?

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:42 am 

Smartah I did those checks in about 2 minutes, the banner is driving me crazy as well ;) I'm definitely going to revisit it!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:57 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Dez wrote:
Smartah I did those checks in about 2 minutes, the banner is driving me crazy as well ;) I'm definitely going to revisit it!

2 minutes huh? Well that's pretty darn good then!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:47 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I honestly didn't even notice those mold lines until I had uploaded the pictures onto my computer. I don't know how I missed them either. lol. Oh well, really good showing this month. I'm really glad MotM is back.

Imperial Fists WIP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:26 pm 

I finally won one...they really like me! ;)

Thank you to everyone that participated, this was probably the best one yet (edit: Not just because I won, participation and entries were stellar)!

So let's work on making next months EVEN BETTER! So now, I'd like to ask everyone...what would you like to do next month? Get some suggestions into this thread, and I'll start the MotM for August tonite at Midnightish. Once the thread is up, don't forget to tell your friends. I want to make this THE monthly even on MWG!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:45 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
There was a veteran one a while back i really enjoyed. Or how about winter?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:24 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

I'm a fan of the veteran or hero theme.

Imperial Fists WIP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:55 pm 

'Sergeant' was a theme I was thinking about anyway. So the Sarge, aka Veteran or Squad leader, sounds good to me!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:29 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Sounds good im in.
And im not hanging about!