It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:48 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

khani wrote:
that is awesome work dood, i really like your princy guy and your reaper. i think that the fire dragons are awesome as well, they look really nice and a full force of them would be very commendable. please keep up the good work because i really want to see more.
.... :mrgreen:

Thabow wrote:
they're coming along nicely, keep up the good work.

thanks guys I will take some photos of the stuff i have thus far at the weekend gonna finish the dark reapers tonight just need the gems doing and then they are at least table top ready. wont start the scorpion squad yet lots of green stuff needs doing I wish i could find someone local to me to help with that as my skills are novice really

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:39 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
everything in life is a process, you'll get better, took me ten years to learn how to paint. you'll get it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:50 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Thabow wrote:
everything in life is a process, you'll get better, took me ten years to learn how to paint. you'll get it.

Yeah I hope to pretty good when I reach that amount of painting my hand isn't that steady but I still manage to clean things up I notice mistakes if you wish to call them that I would have notice years ago when I first started and the ultramarines I painted back then we not bad I would say near ish table top ready but nothing special I would not get people coming up to the gaming table I played at saying things like they do now "your eldars scheme is really striking I love it"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:18 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

I just read over your thread, and I wont be the first to say I like the scheme, very striking. Reminds me of the Tyranid hive fleet that has the white and purple scheme. The paintjob is clean and smooth, a style I am quite fond of, though, the war spider did look a tad off with the brown wash. If you are painting white, and want a shaded, but not dirty look; I'd stick with a black wash instead.

DragonRider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:53 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Jason wrote:
I just read over your thread, and I wont be the first to say I like the scheme, very striking. Reminds me of the Tyranid hive fleet that has the white and purple scheme. The paintjob is clean and smooth, a style I am quite fond of, though, the war spider did look a tad off with the brown wash. If you are painting white, and want a shaded, but not dirty look; I'd stick with a black wash instead.

Yeah now you mention it badab black would look better, cheers for that. I agree with the tyranid thing looks really nice of them :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:56 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
Well, to be honest, I'd never wash white of I want it to look clean... But, if you insist on using it, I suggest that you go over the most prominent areas again with the white after the wash.

"Tuomir, you're made of win" -ranger
"Tumor is just plain retarted. Tuomir is cooler than that" -jackmrnorris94
"Tuomir has proven his brilliance in this scenario" -The Airman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Tuomir wrote:
Well, to be honest, I'd never wash white of I want it to look clean... But, if you insist on using it, I suggest that you go over the most prominent areas again with the white after the wash.

I used it to help keep the lines clean (if that makes sense) but to be honest there are areas I will be going over I am at a stage now where I will just be tidying everything I have painted thus far. I will leave the wash in areas there should be shadows but of course blending or something as it really does not need to be so thick a line.

I have a squad of five dire avengers I painted ages ago that clearly need this and as you said going over with white and or a lightend boneskull white mix.

So the next few weeks will just be tidying what I have painted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:59 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Guys and gals, just a quick update, I am working on four falcons at the moment I am happy with the dark reapers as they are will work on highlights another time... but yeah four falcons - magnetizing them all at the moment so the turrets and weapons and a few other bits can be swapped and will buy some wave serpent turrets. So when I am not playing apoch or spearhead games they can be wave serpents... will post pictures when I am back from Italy (gonna be away for about two weeks)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:25 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Hi,

Things have been on and off with painting (you know when you get that feeling you just don't want to paint and you can't get motivated?) well that how its been :(

here are some photos of where I am at, I have an airbrush now and its working out ok now I sort of know how thin the paint has to be

On of the main reasons I took so long is I was magnetizing stuff and trying to figure out how best to do it - I have read loads of sites on how to do it but for example one guy drills a hole in the side of the falcon and then seats the magnet physically into the plastic hull then green stuffs and sands.... erm ok why not just glue the magnet on the inside of the hull :P ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:34 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Here are some more photos of the falcons, to be honest i have been a bit slow with these... You know when you just cant get motivated to paint?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:27 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:47 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Hi all,

Thanks Pirexian :)

here are some more shots for you, the Falcons are sort of finished I need to get myself round to painting the weapons and then starting highlights on everything,

The gems need doing, highlights might try some weathering effects on them havn't decided on that yet, and the weapons.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:50 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Looking good! I like the color scheme and can't wait to see a group shot once you're done with everything :P

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:24 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

I love the colour scheme! What shade of purple is that? It looks like GW's warlock purple in some pics.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:50 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Lady_Soria wrote:
I love the colour scheme! What shade of purple is that? It looks like GW's warlock purple in some pics.

Hi there sorry for the late reply, it's hormagaunt purple as a base coat then warlock purple over the top. The reason i used the darker foundation paint is I wanted a darker purple, where as just over the white basecoat I use it came out pink which I didnt want.