It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:19 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

No problem Mike, get settled in and we'll get out. I would like to do the circle route too, maybe in the fall, sort of build up to it beforehand. Good luck today with the new job.

Doug

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:57 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Today didn't go so well for me... though I did lots of walking and still fit in a 15k bike ride. Long story short, upon arriving at work, I was given a company vehicle to use... and forgot my two smoothies in a freezer bag in my own car, so I ended up eating a fairly sizable meal at lunch. Mind you, it was Chicken Yakisoba, heavy on the vegetables, so I'm sure it was fine, but I also ended up having two coffees by 10AM (my trainer offered to buy and I felt a bit stupid refusing). Guess I may start forcing myself to tolerate black coffee afterall.

Anyway, got home, did my usual very-long-route to the grocery store, picked up more yogurt and fruit and a few random things. I would have filmed it, but the clouds were dark and ugly and I swore it was going to rain, so I left my camera at home.

Since I've got the company car now, I won't be missing lunch tomorrow :D Time to go blend it though, I don't want to be running that thing at 6:30AM.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:44 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

it was an ugly night last night Mike, thought it was constantly going to start raining. Hey, I rode out to Lake Ontario and back this afternoon Mike, to check it out. Into a headwind the whole way there and then the climb back. It's a good ride if you have the time.

Doug

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:19 am 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I must have been right behind you - I basically did that same ride, started about 6PM and got back around 8. I didn't quite go all the way to Lake Ontario, but I could have. In other news, made it up the hill with the Locks without once getting off and walking the bike.... pretty proud there.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:22 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

nice job, the more times you do the hill, the easier it becomes. How far did you go from the bottom of the hill?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:29 am 
The Duckiest!

I went as far as the Skyway.. just checked Google Maps, another 6k would have put me on the Lakeshore. Ah well, there's the next target ;) If I bike to Lake Ontario and back that'll be about a 54km round trip.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:40 am 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Mike this is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPFCHuEegsk

Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:37 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Hey Mike, Welland to the lookout on the spit in Lake ontario, back up the trail to Port Colbourne ( Sugarloaf Marina) and back to Welland, about 96km.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:57 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Mike, did the Great Niagara Circle Route, 142km in just over 6 hours, but it was scorching here. Kinda boring when you ride it yourself, gonna have to ride it this summer.

Doug

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3