It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Here are some pictures from a 1500 point Tyranid vs Plague Marine battle that Wes and I had last Wednesday.

It was a close battle (he won by one single unit). I had two genestealers left, and he had three of those wretched Plaguebearers left, so he won!

For all of the pictures go here:

http://www.miniwargaming.com/gallery/ma ... _itemId=51

We played hidden set-up rules. I placed a big piece of Styrofoam in the middle of the board so we couldn't see each other set up.

The mighty Carnifexes! Actually, they were both dead by the second round thanks to Wes' Predator and Plaguebearers.

The Broodlord and the Genestealers definitely were the only reason that I didn't die a horrible death. They were responsible for 99% of the kills.

The Tyranid advance!

Wes' poor Rhino got shot down by my Tyrant.

Stupid terminators deep striked and wiped out my flank...

My Carnifex falls to the Plaguebearers!

Eventually even his Predator didn't survive!

In the end, this was all that was left. Talk about a close game!

Hope you enjoyed these pictures!

Matthew

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:15 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Thanks for the report and the pics. That was a close one! I love it when a game is that close.

Cheers,
Farmer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:40 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting Pledge
Nice. I hate that chaos army :evil: It needs to loose soon

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

Part 1 of battle report posted here:

http://www.miniwargaming.com/blog/warha ... es-part-1/

Matthew

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:11 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Totally cool, keep the battle reports coming!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:48 am 

Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
I thought I was going to loose becuase, I always lose agianst Tyranids. :mrgreen:

Warmachine- 1000 Cygnar

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:56 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Question: Was he using the plague bearers as lessor daemons from the current codex or was he using the old codex?

I ask this because genestealers should have eaten lesser daemons for breakfast. I'm not sure how he dropped carnies with them either. They would only wound on a 6 and the carni would have been saving 2/3 of thos wounds. This assumes the carnies didn't have extended carapace and the toughness upgrade which would have made them even harder to wound.

There's no way I would expect a broodlord to get laid low by a lowly lesser daemon. Either the dice were against the nids or something weird was going on.

-DavicusPrime

My PhotoBucket Page

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:59 am 
MWG Fanatic

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5
Doesn't a plague bearer's sword negate armour saves?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:46 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
The new codex ALL daemons are generic... No special abilities except for 5+ Inv and Fearless.

If he was using a straight codex list, those Daemons wouldn't have dominated like that.

A basic Genestealer is:
WS-6 BS-0 S-4 T-4 W-1 I-6 A-2 Ld-10 Sv-5+

A Lesser Daemon is:
WS-4 BS-0 S-4 T-4 W-1 I-4 A-2 Ld-10 Sv-5+ (Inv)

The Stealers would hit first and hit on 3+, wound on 4+
The Daemons would hit last on 4+ and wound on 4+

The Stealers would very likely keep a majority of the daemons from living long enough to hit at all. And those that did survive wouldn't be hitting as often as the stealers.

Now against a Fex...

Basic Fex is:
WS-3 BS-2 S-9 T-6 W-4 I-1 A-2 Ld-10 Sv-3+

The daemons would hit first and on 3+ but would have a hard time wounding (6+) and get frustrated by 2/3 of the wounds getting bounced by the armor.

They would tarpit a fex easy but would have to be very lucky to drop it anywhere near Round 2, especially when daemons wouldn't be available to come in from reserves until R2 anyway.

Me thinks something odd was happening there.

-DavicusPrime

My PhotoBucket Page

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:45 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting Pledge
I think there is somthing strange with that too. When I played against those plaguebarrers i only killed two of them :? (I have a tau army)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:18 pm 
MWG Fanatic

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5
I got the jump on his Plague bearers with an assault squad lead by a chaplain in our last game and killed them all in a couple of turns. Mind you it was the Chaplain and a Sergent with a Powerfist that did most of the killing.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:18 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
I'm using the rules from the old chaos codex the new one doesn't have plaguebears, plaguebears 16 pionts with plague sword 31 piont a piece x 11= 308. The new deamon codex just came out a month ago. Matt said I would need to use the new rules for the tournament though. The new rules suck my army isn't even 1,500 piont any more.

Warmachine- 1000 Cygnar

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:21 pm 

Rusty545 wrote:
I think there is somthing strange with that too. When I played against those plaguebarrers i only killed two of them :? (I have a tau army)

It's becuase they can't aim, all deamons have T5 and plaugebears have 5+ invul. save. And that I summonded them right in front of you.

Warmachine- 1000 Cygnar

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:27 pm 

Hum. Suprised they're letting you pick and choose units from multiple codexes for the same army. That's generally not kosher.

Power specific Daemons and Chaos Space Marines no longer belong on the same FOC. Which is pretty lame, but that's not my fault. :P

-DavicusPrime

My PhotoBucket Page

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:33 pm 

I'm using the new deamon codex rules now: normal deamon stats but with venom sword (4+ to wound) and nurgles rot, 16 piont a piece.

Warmachine- 1000 Cygnar

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next