Miniature Duplication/Molding

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
PathfinderJenn
Now we're getting somewhere...

Miniature Duplication/Molding

Post by PathfinderJenn » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi, everyone. I know that I'm placing this in the miniature painting section, but I couldn't find any other appropriate section for this topic.

Anyway, on top of miniature painting, I've been wanting to duplicate some of my miniatures utilizing a plastic/resin mold. Unfortunately, I really don't know where to start. There are a whole bunch of guides online, but I wouldn't mind communicating with you guys while I followed the guidelines. If any of you guys have done any molding, I would love to hear about your experiences. Was it easy or extremely difficult? Any suggestions on where or how to start? :)
Love my Pathfinder Miniatures!!! <3 <3 <3
Pretty new to Plastic Injection Molding, but I'll make some cool plastic miniatures soon enough! ;)

Solid_Smurf
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Miniature Duplication/Molding

Post by Solid_Smurf » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:05 am

The first place to start is with a lawyer. Duplication of miniatures is a violation of copyright, specifically intellectual property.
Also, discussion of such matters is not allowed on the forums.
Thread Lock.
I might not be the best, but I've made who ever is quite nervous.
*recovering from games workshop*