It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:02 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Group Build Badge #9Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
This is a project I started way back earlier this year with the lower half of the Bastion w/Bunker Annex. Some of you may recognize the Bastion w/Bunker Annex from the Crisis Potty photos. Anyway, a couple of months ago, I got back into the project and developed a few more elements...The Defense Pods are essentially hills with the halves of a CIS Tank Droid to cap them off and provide weapons mounts and a fox hole kind of thing...

To be added: Rail Guns for the Defense Pods, a defense line, a few more Bunkers/Buildings and a ruined Hanger. I've got some of it painted in this awful creme color for now, but I'll be shooting more for an Ord Mantel/Tattooine feel when it's all done. The lore is that this is an outer rim colony/outpost under constant attack by Orks, IG and what have you...maybe a Farsight Enclave or some such.

http://thecindersofwar.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:11 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9
what did you make the bastion and comm towr out of

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:24 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Lol Crisis Potty

Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:20 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Those are nice! Is a tutorial on the way? :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:33 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesGroup Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #3Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5Group Build Badge #6Group Build Badge #7Group Build Badge #8Group Build Badge #9
Looks good! Could you make some more pictures pls!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Group Build Badge #9Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
commisar gaunt wrote:
what did you make the bastion and comm towr out of

3" diameter card rolls (the kind that butcher paper comes on), 5mm foam board and 1.5" thick sheet foam. The Comms Tower got details courtesy of the same Droid Tank that lent its bits to the Defense Pods.

Asrodrig wrote:
Those are nice! Is a tutorial on the way? :D

I plan to do a "step by step" with the additional Hanger/Bastion but rather than post pics as I go, I'll post the whole article once the project is done.

Khornate wrote:
Lol Crisis Potty

Yeah, that's a running joke in my games...when I used to play Knight Hawks and Mekton, any time there was some minor damage results...the system damaged was the latrine. The Crisis Potty, a Group Build entry, was a natural to include in this set of terrain.

LeGrandStefan wrote:
Looks good! Could you make some more pictures pls!

Thanks, and will do...the forthcoming week will be filled with...(cue ominous music)...work...but I should have quite a bit to share throughout.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:53 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

thats some good looking stuff well thought out well put together cant wait to see the ned result.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:04 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

i looks really good looks really tauish

Avid Doctor Who Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:10 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesGroup Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #3Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5Group Build Badge #6Group Build Badge #7Group Build Badge #8Group Build Badge #9
How is your project going?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:20 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

totes i like it

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:11 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Thread necromancy much...i actually got excited... :cry:

- Sun Tzu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:50 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

sirbunny25 wrote:
Thread necromancy much...i actually got excited... :cry:

If there were a way to delete "orphaned topics" I would like to know. This project has been put on hold in favor of making some real money to fund it. Thanks for visiting.