Warhammer Fantasy Card Game?

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
firemanmm
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Warhammer Fantasy Card Game?

Post by firemanmm » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:28 pm

For those of you who know, a while ago I made up some quick reference cards using CCG Maker I downloaded off some website. Anyone interested in a Warhammer Fantasy Card Game? Obviously it would evolve to include 40k, but to keep my brain on one path I'm sticking to Fantasy. I wouldn't be selling anything, so can anyone foresee any copyright issues? I'm not particularly familiar with the U.S. rules, so any advice would help.
Dis iz my Choppa. Der iz many like it but dis one iz mine. Wifout it I am nofing, wifout me it is nofing.

Orks of the Steel Toez klan- 3000 pts
Empire-4000+ pts
Menoth- Kreoss, Reznik, and Feora +40 pts
Cygnar- battle box
Circle Orboros kaya + 20

Jormi_Boced
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Card Game?

Post by Jormi_Boced » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:42 pm

I already have it:)

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... sp?eidm=85

It is a ton of fun!!!

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:43 pm

You would inevitably run into legal issues, as you're dealing with GW's intellectual property. However, if it's just a bunch of kids hanging out in a basement playing with home-made cards, how would they ever know about it?

firemanmm

Post by firemanmm » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:27 pm

thats a really cool site, but i don't plan on spending any money on the cards. It should be an easy game to play, with bits of the game involved(Strength, Toughness) and others excluded.(Movement, Leadership)

I'll post some cards in a little bit
Dis iz my Choppa. Der iz many like it but dis one iz mine. Wifout it I am nofing, wifout me it is nofing.

Empire-4000+ pts
Cygnar- battle box
Circle Orboros kaya + 20

firemanmm

Post by firemanmm » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Heres some of the cards. Of course they aren't finished yet, and I still need to get some input on card ideas and balance. any advice is welcome.

Empire-4000+ pts
Cygnar- battle box
Circle Orboros kaya + 20

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 pm

Those look pretty cool, man! I was never a Magic kid, but this looks pretty interesting so far.

firemanmm

Post by firemanmm » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:22 pm

My thought for the game is you have several characters to choose from, along with them many other troops, war machines, etc. Then you have Items, Magic, Battlefields, Events, etc. Everything costs a gold value, which is the lower right number. the higher the number, the more valuable the card is. Obviously, as the game progresses stronger characters and more powerful cards will come out, which is why i need input from everyone else to help me think of some ideas for cards.

Empire-4000+ pts
Cygnar- battle box
Circle Orboros kaya + 20